• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Making a Certain Species Always Shiny

Years
  • I've done a bit of searching, but I haven't found anything pertaining to this.

Essentially, I'm wondering if there is a way to make a specific species of Pokemon always appear shiny, even if it's just randomly found in the wild?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    don't use shinyzer for this, you'll end up making ALL the pokemon shiny
    you'll need to go to the area that the bytes change from using a shiny altering routine and then place your check there.

Are you saying to make a check for the specific species like a table?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I would insert a public shiny generator routine if I were you (like this one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8531480&postcount=251)

Setting the trigger would simply be this logic:

trigger || (species == rattata)

So for the provided example routine, this part here needs to be adjusted

Code:
    main:
    	ldr r0, =(0x20370BC) @0x8002 is shiny flag
    	ldrb r0, [r0]
    	cmp r0, #0xFF
    	bne noCrash
    	push {r4-r7}

A potential solution if you give up:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    I would insert a public shiny generator routine if I were you (like this one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8531480&postcount=251)

Setting the trigger would simply be this logic:

trigger || (species == rattata)

So for the provided example routine, this part here needs to be adjusted

Code:
    main:
    	ldr r0, =(0x20370BC) @0x8002 is shiny flag
    	ldrb r0, [r0]
    	cmp r0, #0xFF
    	bne noCrash
    	push {r4-r7}

A potential solution if you give up:
    Spoiler:

FBI, do you know a way to make trainer battles with a specific slot in opponent's party with a shiny pkmn? (Example: The opponent have Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, then I want to make the Charmander Shiny)

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • FBI, do you know a way to make trainer battles with a specific slot in opponent's party with a shiny pkmn? (Example: The opponent have Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, then I want to make the Charmander Shiny)

You can do it the same way as this, except also check the trainer flag. It's clunky if you have a lot of shiny cases, but other solutions may be harder to implement.

Back