• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Making B/W a walk to remember

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
Years
  • Hey guys.

Recently I've been thinking about how Pokemon affected my life. Most of us have been playing since our early childhood, and you know what I'm talking about.

So, I remember the first I played the game (Gold, on the old Game Boy Color) and it was actually pretty intense. Legendaries where a pain to catch, Gym Leaders really hit hard and everything that happened still shining in my memory. The first time a Pokemon evolved, the first time you lost a battle, the first time you catch a Legendary...

I've heard that on B/W you won't see any of the past generation's pokemon until you get the National. Since B/W will introduce 157 new pokemon, It's kinda like the first time we played Red and Blue (or Green) on the Game Boy.

And that made me think more... Now I'm trying to make it a walk to remember, a great experience. Enjoy the game to tis fullest.

So, what do you do to enjoy Pokemon's games? What you did in the past, and what are you going to do on the next game? What mistakes you won't do again?

My ideas so far are not use any kind of cheat neither AR, ignore EVs and IVs, and add a lot of roleplay to it, instead of just "go through the game".

P.s.: This is my first thread, so if I did something wrong, I would like to know.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • hello 2nd-thanatos

The first poke i ever evolved was Monferno

and yea i will not use ar on the first run through, i will maybe use it on second run through

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Keep out spoilers, only see basic stage pokemon if I can help it don't look at moves beforehand etc etc that way I'm really a beginner trainer that knows about Pokemon on a basic level at least and do what you do add role play comments and ignore stats. Makes it really fun and when I beat it and want to play again I either restart with new Pokemon or buy another version (White I'm getting first so Black) and use nothing I know alot about. (I.E. If I don't know much about Bulbasaur then I'll use him, if I didn't use him but knew him inside and out already then I'd avoid him, repeat)

First Pokemon Used: Squirtle
    First Evolved Pokemon: Caterpie -> Metapod
    First time defeated: Gary on Blue near E4 the first time (Was weak from training and didn't know he was there xD)
    First Legendary Caught: Mewtwo

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I dont think this belongs to this section :/ but anyhwhays:
    Xd my first pokemon game was gold too :D
    Well to enjoy pokemon to the fullest, i mainly always choose new pokemons from the region, (this time its gonna be only new ones so..hurray) and i always choose the ones i like and then just play it and have fun :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    My first game was Ruby, and like with it in Black I'm going to let everything surprise me. I've tried to stay away from learning too much about the game because of this.

I'm also going to make sure that I:
    1) Don't teach my pokemon crappy moves. Did this until Platinum. I wasn't really experienced with what moves go best with such and such pokemon until about a year or two ago.
    2) Try to seroiusly raise every pokemon on my team. I did this in Ruby, but in Pearl it was just Empoleon and Palkia and I kind of regret it now.
    3) Enjoy the game as much as possible. Try to catch most new pokemon that I come by. I'm going to do this by only have Isshu pokemon on my team.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • i like Calder's idea, and i think i will do that. I was all set to spoil things in the game for myself, but I've decided that i will surprise myself :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This is referring to B/W right? Like what we're going to do differently in it. Ok.

I'm only going to see the Pokemon and their locations to work out a decent team. But I want to keep the plot out of my head, I guess just knowing Team Plasma's aim is all I want to know regarding the plot, nothing else. Then again, I should find that out in-game. But I already know due to leaked info so, yeah.

Years
  • I've always tried to use region-specific pokemon so I could learn how to train new creatures that I don't know much about.

I'm also going to try to use different types than what I've used in the past for my teams. I want to have a really good Bug pokemon this time around! I am really looking forward to this game, and I understand where you're coming from in wanting to make this a truly memorable experience.

I want to really get involved with the plot and just enjoy it. Ugh the wait is torture sometimes...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd like to point out you can get the previous Gen Pokemon through the Dream World. You only can't Find any Pokemon or Migrate them from previous games into Black and White until you get the National Dex. So you can get them before then. Just have to catch a Muuna.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    My first Pokemon game was Red, if we look how Pokemon games were and how they became, especially the new Pokemon gamers who caught on in the 3rd and 4th generations, we will be surprised. Well, I like your approach to these games, if we really won't see not one Pokemon from previous generations until unlocking the nation dex, then I would definitely consider playing the game as if I am a newcomer. Just hope Nintendo doesn't ruin the orginality and style previous Pokemon Games have with BW.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like this thread idea, but it's borderline between here and GPG. So, any posts which relate specifically to past games I'll be deleting. You can mention what happened in previous games, but make sure what you plan to do in B/W takes up most of your post. :)

As for me, it's the first game where I've seen spoilers etc, before it came out... but I plan to find good in the game, because really, so far I can think of no flaws.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hey guys.

Recently I've been thinking about how Pokemon affected my life. Most of us have been playing since our early childhood, and you know what I'm talking about.

So, I remember the first I played the game (Gold, on the old Game Boy Color) and it was actually pretty intense. Legendaries where a pain to catch, Gym Leaders really hit hard and everything that happened still shining in my memory. The first time a Pokemon evolved, the first time you lost a battle, the first time you catch a Legendary...

I've heard that on B/W you won't see any of the past generation's pokemon until you get the National. Since B/W will introduce 157 new pokemon, It's kinda like the first time we played Red and Blue (or Green) on the Game Boy.

And that made me think more... Now I'm trying to make it a walk to remember, a great experience. Enjoy the game to tis fullest.

So, what do you do to enjoy Pokemon's games? What you did in the past, and what are you going to do on the next game? What mistakes you won't do again?

My ideas so far are not use any kind of cheat neither AR, ignore EVs and IVs, and add a lot of roleplay to it, instead of just "go through the game".

P.s.: This is my first thread, so if I did something wrong, I would like to know.

Since when was it revealed that there would be exactly 157 new pokemon? I need proof.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Spoilers have never really affected my game experience or game enjoyment, so I'll be welcoming them. I think playing BW will be quite memorable regardless of how much I know about it, lolo. What's really going to make it a walk to remember, though, especially Black, is that this is the first time I've pre-ordered a Japanese Pokemon game, so that should be interesting, and rather extra-challenging too, I think. XD

The Red Chain

The first time a Pokemon evolved : My Nidoran Female in Yellow version. <33
    The first time you lost a battle : Green on the SS Anne in Red version XD
    The first time you caught a Legendary : ... Hm.. Articuno in LG. I didn't catch legendaries when I was young.

I will run through Pokemon White without concerning over natures, EVs, IVs, or anything of the sort. I will do full-on grinding instead of using AR to help level after the gym leaders. I will wait to hunt for shinies until the very end, with the exception of Victini since it's an event-only Pokemon, to recreate RBY not having shinies. I'm going to avoid using Serebii's Pokedex to see all the new Pokemon, and have the ones not already revealed to be totally secret so when I encounter them I can be in shock and awe. I want no knowledge, just how I didn't when Red & Blue came out. <3

That's about all the stuff I want to do to recreate the past. ^^-

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since when was it revealed that there would be exactly 157 new pokemon? I need proof.

That isn't quite the point of the thread... just stick to the topic the first post gives. :)

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
    Years
  • I'm soon getting my Japanese version of Pokemon White. I want to play the game without knowing most of the new pokemon, but I don't think I'll be able to do that. I'll probably spoil a lot about Team Plasma and the rest of the plot before I start playing.

I don't think I'll ever experience the games like I did with my first pokemon game - Pokemon Blue, but it'll still be a great experience and journey trough the Isshu Region with my beloved Mijumaru. <3

Only 16 days and 10 hours until the release, and then a few more days until I recive my copy. omaigad

Years
  • I'll probably play pokemon black/white (probably black) the way I played my last two pokemon games, diamond and heart gold. it'll be especially useful in black/white because the point of what I do is to get to know the pokemon, and since all the pokemon are going to be new...

this is what I do and plan to do in black/white:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I catch every pokemon possible from the lowest stage of evolution, then train each until each evolves. starting at lv 20, every 5 levels I can decide if I want to stop raising the pokemon (if it's already evolved) and put them in a "done" box in my pc.

I have 6 boxes in my pc (not the done ones), separated by types, and I take one from each box and that's my party. I raise each pokemon at the same time (i.e. all the pokemon in my pc are lv 18, etc. when a pokemon in my party grows I replace it with a lower leveled one in the corresponding box).

it's a challenge, and I've played for almost 200 hours on my game, being no further than blackthorn city and the majority of my pokemon at lv 23-ish, but it's really fun! your party pokemon don't get old and boring from sitting there all the time; you get a variety. plus you get to see the pokemon you don't normally see. plus it's a challange and you'll feel really good when you complete it! something to brag about...

** btw for the version exclusives, etc, I trade for them by catching say an extra growlithe to trade for a vulpix. but I keep my original growlithe.

**** another note: every 5 levels I drop a few pokemon from each box. by lv 40-50 I plan to have 6 strong, solid, really good pokemon in each box. I'll still get the variety and then I'll raise them all to lv 100!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

...that's how I've been playing and how I plan to play.

I'm going to try not to look at the computer to look at moves or evolution levels, etc. except if I find a pokemon evolves by trade or stone I might end up checking the moves to see when I should evolve but other than that...

I won't look at maps or anything else and I DEFINITELY won't use action replay. I'm going to play this as fair as possible :)

comment if you like my playing style above (raising ALL my pokemon (the boxed-off section))!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In the past, I raised only 1 Pokemon and left the rest underlevelled. Now I train (almost) all of them equally. In the future, I'll use Pokemon that I personally like, not just strong ones.

Years
  • I'm gonna try and win every battle, and also catch every new Pokémon I see (i.e concentrate a little more on filling the Pokédex, even pre-e4). Seriously looking forward to this fresh game. <:

oh, and also carry on playing if I lose (I normally restart if I lose to the Gym Leader).

Back