• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Making Destiny!

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    Prologue
    Makers of Destiny
    "Eon use Shadow Ball!"
    The silence of Twilight Ridge, broken with this simple command, and the Pokémon's owner, Geno, wouldn't hesitate to command again. Geno Mecha, a Pokemon Trainer from Rosewood Town, has ventured to the highest point of the Chikyuu Region to scout out a syndicate of evil Pokemon Trainers called Makers of Destiny, a band of Pokemon criminals that have their sights set on the rarest Pokemon of the Pokemon World, the legendary Pokemon. Geno, and his partner, Eon, a finely groomed Eevee, have ventured this far into the ridge to try and stop them from acquiring Darkrai, the Pokemon that is known as the Pitch-Dark Pokemon and controller of dreams. Geno has heard rumors that Darkrai is their most recent target.
    "Eon use Shadow Ball again!" Geno shouts. The Pokemon's attack removes a giant boulder blocking the way. The boulder is cleared and Geno returns to his search.
    Meanwhile, on the other side of the ridge, a couple of men in strange uniforms are removing rocks from a cliff of the ridge by machine, clearing a path to get deeper inside the ridge. They knew that Darkrai was waiting inside, and they would do anything in their power to get to it and capture it.
    "Move faster!" came a voice from above. It was the leader of Makers of Destiny, Lord Vrigar. "Darkrai will soon be mine!"
    "I don't think so!" Geno says from the other side of the ridge. "I'm taking this operation down personally!"
    "And who might you be?" Vrigar asks with a smirk on his face.
    "Someone you shouldn't trifle with!" Geno replies with a smug look on his face. He jumps from the cliff he is standing on and lands right in front of two of Vrigar's henchmen.
    "Take care of him!" Vrigar automatically yells, and the henchmen try to grab Geno. Geno knocks out both of the henchmen, only to be attacked by more henchmen.
    "Eevee use Shadow Ball!" Geno yells, and the attack knocks out a few of the henchmen, but the remaining henchman calls out his Pokémon, Charmeleon.
    "Really, I have to face you?" Geno asks smirking.
    "You'd better believe it!" the henchmen replies, "Charmeleon use Flamethrower!" Charmeleon obeys and unleashes a stream of fire at Geno's Eevee, which hits and sends Eevee flying backwards. Eon quickly gets up from the attack and shakes off the embers from its body. Eon looks up at Geno with an almost puppy dog look.
    "Listen Eon," Geno says in reply to the Pokémon. "I know you don't like battling too much, but I need you to do this for me, please!"
    Suddenly, Eon starts glowing a very bright white, signaling the sign of evolution, the small Pokémon starts to become bigger, its ears become pointier, and when the white light goes away the Pokémon has a completely different look to it, and from what Geno could tell, a completely different demeanor. The Pokemon automatically unleashes a Shadow Ball attack at the Charmeleon. The attack hits with such force that the Charmeleon is knocked out instantly.
    Umbreon Geno thinks silently to himself. Geno looks his Pokémon over carefully. The black cat-like Pokémon stands their menacingly staring down the knocked out Charmeleon with an intense look, the yellow rings all over its body glowing brightly, and it's ears perked up intently, almost in a stalking position. Geno can feel the intensity emanating from his Umbreon; he can tell that Umbreon means business, and in return Umbreon knows that Geno means business.
    "Give it up!" Geno yells to Vrigar, "You're done!"
    "I don't think so!" Vrigar replies, "Go! Charizard!" And Charizard appears from the Pokeball and flies around the ridge with great speed. Umbreon stares it down without moving, keeping its eyes locked on to the Charizard, the Charizard flies in for a Slash attack, but Umbreon jumps out of the way and uses Shadow Ball, hitting Charizard just barely in the back. The Charizard flies back around and Vrigar commands it to use Flamethrower. Geno commands Umbreon to use Sand-Attack, but Umbreon doesn't hear him, being as focused as it is, and uses Double Team, and a bunch of copies of Umbreon take the battlefield, confusing Charizard for a moment. Umbreon then goes in for an Iron Tail attack, hitting Charizard in the back, knocking the Charizard to the ground. Umbreon then decides to finish the battle with a super powered Shadow Ball. Vrigar calls his Pokemon back to it's Pokeball with an impressed look on his face.
    "You have raised your Pokemon well I see," Vrigar comments, but it cannot match my Pokemon, at least, not all three! Go, Metagross!" The giant, blue metallic Pokemon rumbles the ridge, causing some Pidgey nearby to flee from their nest. Umbreon also takes the time to stare Metagross down, but hesitates to attack. Vrigar commands Metagross to use Hammer Arm, but with its great speed Umbreon is able to dodge the attack.
    "Very impressive," Vrigar comments again. "That may be a Pokemon worth owning."
    "You're not getting your filthy hands on my Umbreon!" Geno roars in protest.
    "Like I'd want that piece of trash anyway," Vrigar replies, "It's worthless compared to my Pokemon."
    "You mean the one's that keep losing?" Geno asks, smirking.
    "Metagross use Hyper Beam!" Vrigar yells in anger, and the charged beam of light hits Umbreon, knocking it back quite a ways. Umbreon slams against a rock and falls to the floor, only to get up and keep going, aiming a Shadow Ball attack straight for Metagross, who is almost unfazed by the attack.
    "You're Pokemon might have a little Power," Geno comments, "but they're still no match for Ueon!"
    "How cute," Vrigar comments sarcastically, "you nicknamed your Pokemon."
    "Nicknaming has nothing to do with how much power a Pokemon has," Geno explains. "Ueon, use Shadow Ball!"
    Ueon again aims the attack right at Metagross's face, but Metagross dodges the attack by levitating into the air. Metagross then attacks back by using its psychic powers to levitate some of the nearby rocks, sending them back at Ueon, sending Ueon flying backwards. Ueon returns to his feet and charges at Metagross using Quick Attack, but is unsuccessful when Metagross uses Gyro Ball, again knocking Ueon backwards. Ueon slowly returns to its feet.
    "Give it up kid!" Vrigar yells, "My men are already in the cave scoping out Darkrai. You're finished!"
    "You wish!" Geno yells, despite the face this is the biggest hole he's ever been put in. He then remembers what he learned in the Pokemon Training Academy. Geno decides to put his knowledge to good use.
    "Ueon, aim for Metagross's legs with Shadow Ball!" Geno shouts. Ueon does as commanded and attacks Metagross's right front leg. Metagross's leg glows a bright red and Metagross starts losing altitude. Metagross grimaces in pain as Ueon launches another attack at its other front leg. Metagross again loses altitude and Ueon launches two more Shadow Ball attacks at the two remaining legs, bringing Metagross back down to the ground.
    "Ueon use Iron Tail!" Geno screams, and Ueon aims right for the middle of Metagross's head, knocking Metagross out almost instantly. Lord Vrigar stood there, dumbfounded, that Geno was able to figure out where Metagross's brains were.
    "Hm…I guess they do teach you stuff at that dump you call a school!" Vrigar comments, returning Metagross to its Pokeball.
    "That school's not a dump!" Geno growls, showing respect for his school like he promised, Ueon also let's out a low snarl. All of the sudden, there is a bang that is heard from inside the cave of Twilight Ridge, and Darkrai floats out right in front of Vrigar. Vrigar grabs a Pokeball from his belt, but unlike the red and white of an ordinary Pokeball, this one is all black.
    "Go! Giratina!" Vrigar commands and a large Pokemon emerges from the mysterious Pokeball. The dragon-like Pokemon appears from the dark Pokeball, the wings on it's back flapping strongly. Darkrai doesn't hesitate to attack, releasing a powerful Dark Pulse attack at Giratina. Giratina attacks back with Aura Sphere, completely ignoring the command to attack Ueon. Darkrai dodges the attack and hits Giratina with another Dark Pulse attack. Geno stands back and watches as the two legendary Pokemon do battle, both unleashing powerful attacks with such force that the entire ridge shakes. Geno feels the force of the blow and knows he needs to do something to stop them from destroying the ridge all together, but he has no clue how.
    "Dark Ball, do my bidding!" Vrigar yells throwing the small black round device at Darkrai. Geno springs into action, "Ueon, grab that Pokeball!"
    Ueon jumps in between the two Pokemon and grabs the small device between its teeth, crushing it into tiny pieces. Suddenly, both Darkrai and Giratina unleash powerful Hyper Beam attacks at each other, the attacks collide in midair, causing a powerful explosion. The explosion causes Ueon to fly backwards, slamming into Geno and sending them flying over a nearby cliff. Vrigar barely notices and throws another Dark Ball at Darkrai, resulting in a successful capture.
    "Let's go!" Vrigar commands to the grunt.
    "What about the kid?" The grunt asks, concerned.
    "Leave him here," Vrigar replies, "there's no way he could have survived a fall like that, and besides, it's none of my concern who gets hurt in our mission." And with that, M.O.D. clears out of the ridge and the news of a death on Twilight Ridge spreads fast, making it one of the most dangerous places in the Chikyuu Region.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    so what does everyone think? any comments would be appreciated :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Battles of Importance

"Eevee use Quick Attack!" a young boy yells as a raging battle ensues at the Pokemon Training Academy. It is graduation day and the young boy, Matthew Kinsin, is about to graduate. Matt is a fourth year student at the academy, along with his opponent, Blair Anderson, a young girl trying to become a Pokemon Nurse. The two young trainers are battling as a part of the Pokemon Training Academy's annual graduation matches, a non-scored match, for the student's benefit and entertainment. Students of the academy can choose anyone in the school to battle against.
    Blair's Pokemon of choice? Her trusted pal Sparks, a Pikachu she's had since they arrived at the Pokemon Training Academy. Matthew is using an Eevee that he has had since he was a little kid, but Matthew's Eevee is no ordinary Eevee. Instead of having a nice brown coat, it has a very shiny silver coat. Matthew had found the Eevee abandoned in a steel mine.
    Matthew and Eevee currently have the upper hand in the battle, but Blair and her Pikachu, Sparks, have been giving Matthew and Eevee a tough time.
    "Eevee, use Quick Attack again!" Matthew yells, and his Pokemon does as commanded.
    "Sparks, dodge and use Thunderbolt!" Blair yells, Sparks does as commanded and is able to hit Eevee with a jolt of electricity, known as a Thunderbolt attack. The amazing battle continues as the entire school watches on.
    "Use Iron Tail!" Both trainers shout at the same time, both Pokemon do as commanded to no success, matching each other almost equally. Matthew looks over at Blair with a smile on his face.
    "You've gotten better," he comments.
    "You know it!" Blair replies, "Sparks, use Discharge!" Eevee as a self-defense trick uses Shadow Ball, catching the discharge in midair causing a massive explosion, sending both Pokemon flying backwards. The battle referee begins to declare the battle a tie, seeing as both Pokemon appear unable to continue. Matthew and Blair advance to congratulate each other when both Pokemon return to their feet.
    "Round two?" Matthew asks, giving Blair a battle smile.
    "Round two," Blair replies confidently, giving Matthew the same smile. "Sparks use Iron Tail!"
    "Eevee use Take Down!" Matthew replies almost instantly, and Eevee catches Sparks before Sparks is able to deliver the Iron Tail attack. Eevee stands over Sparks for a moment before collapsing from recoil. The battle referee once again calls the battle a tie and Matthew and Blair call their Pokemon back to their Pokeballs.
    "You did well," Matthew comments, advancing to shake Blair's hand. Blair accepts the handshake.
    "You're not too bad yourself," Blair replies with a smile. Matthew and Blair are suddenly rushed by a friend.
    "Oh my gosh," says a girl with looks similar to Blair, both students have long dark brown hair, and blue eyes. "You two were awesome out there!"
    "Thanks sis," Blair replies.
    "I appreciate it Nikkei," Matthew comments.
    "Where's everyone else?" Blair asks.
    "Oh, they said they needed to go get ready for their graduation battles," Nikkei replies, "I'm still a little bummed that you guys left me out of your battles."
    "Sorry," Blair replies, "Matthew and I thought it would be a good idea to use the graduation battle as a test for me to see if my battling skills upped any."
    "That's okay," Nikkei replies, still a little downed, "it's no big deal. We should take our seats though because the next match is about to start."
    Matthew, Nikkei and Blair return to the gymnasium bleachers to watch the upcoming matches. Not very long after the three trainers take their seats, a young kid with short blonde hair and green eyes comes to the battle arena in the middle of the gymnasium; along his right side is a young girl, younger than he, with long purple hair and blue eyes. Both trainers look too young to be Academy graduates, but Matthew, Nikkei and Blair notice who they are immediately.
    "Why are they both out here?" Blair asks, a little confused.
    "Oh, that's right, you guys didn't hear did you," Nikkei comments, "you see, Sam and Kevin asked for a tag battle, and these two of course are their opponents."
    "Oh, that's a good choice on Sam and Kevin's part," Blair comments, "they seem to be the greatest tag battlers in the school as far as I know."
    "Yeah," Matthew replies, "Kevin and Sam have really become a great tag team… and maybe even more. I don't blame them for having a tag battle, interesting opponents though."
    After a few moments of silence in the gymnasium, another set of trainers, a blonde haired girl with resemblance to the boy on the other side. Her partner has long dark hair and deep black eyes. Matthew, Nikkei and Blair watch on with full focus. They've seen their friends battle before, and they know deep down that this is going to be an exciting battle.
    "Ready little bro?" The blonde haired girl asks the boy on the other side of the gymnasium.
    "You of all people should know that I was born ready!" The blonde haired boy replies.
    "Oh I forgot," the girl says sarcastically, "little boy Lusoric was born to be a Pokemon League Champion!"
    "IT'S SORIC!" the boy shouts.
    "Yeah, whatever," the girl, named Sam, replies.
    "You know what else you forgot? We're supposed to be battling," Soric says, "bring it on Samantha!"
    "It's Sam!" the girl replies with a look of anger on her face. "GO! STAR!" and a small black and white starling emerges from the Pokeball.
    "Go! Turtwig!" Soric commands, and the tiny turtle-looking Pokemon appears from the Pokeball.
    "Go! Pidgey!" Kevin yells, and from his Pokeball appears a miniature brown pigeon looking Pokemon.
    "Go! Togepi!" the girl with Soric yells, and a small, round Pokemon in the shape of an egg appears from the Pokeball.
    "Star use Aerial Ace!" Sam yells, and the small black bird Pokemon does as commanded and aims itself straight towards Turtwig.
    "Togepi, block Turtwig by using Protect!" the girl yells, and Togepi jumps in front of Turtwig and puts up a big green barrier that renders Star's attack useless. The move makes Soric blush.
    "Thanks Maryse," Soric says, trying to keep his cool.
    "No problem," Maryse replies with a smile, "now focus!"
    "Right," Soric says, refocusing on the battle at hand, "Turtwig use Leech Seed!" Soric yells, and Turtwig sprouts seeds from the leaf on its head and directs them straight at Star.
    "Pidgey use Protect!" Kevin yells, and Pidgey swoops in and shields Star with the same green protective barrier that Togepi used to protect Turtwig.
    "Turtwig quickly, use Bite!" Soric yells, and Turtwig is able to grab a hold of one of Pidgey's wings. Pidgey struggles against the force of Turtwig's bite, but to no avail. Finally Pidgey falls to the gymnasium floor.
    "Wow!" Nikkei comments, "That was a fantastic move!"
    "No doubt," both Matthew and Blair reply.
    "Definitely a bad idea to underestimate you," Kevin comments, "you two have apparently been practicing a lot."
    "Thanks," says an extremely focused Maryse, but she knew that Sam and Kevin were planning something. "Togepi, use Rollout quickly!"
    Togepi quickly rolls itself into a ball and with a little help from Turtwig, makes a collision course for the fallen Pidgey.
    "Star, use Steel Wing!" Sam says with desperation, and Star flies straight towards Togepi with metallic wings, sending the Pokemon flying backwards.
    "Turtwig, attack back with Razor Leaf!" Soric yells. Turtwig obeys and strikes back by sending sharp leaves towards Star. Sam commands Star to dodge the attack, but is too late as one of the leaves strikes Star's left wing. Star falters a little bit, but is corrected with the assistance of Pidgey. Pidgey is then commanded to use Roost, which allows it to regain strength.
    "Not bad," Soric comments.
    "Not too bad yourself little bro," Sam replies.
    "You'd better believe it," Soric comments back. "Turtwig use Bite on Pidgey again!"
    Acting fast, Kevin commands Pidgey to dodge the attack, but runs right into an Ancientpower from Togepi, knocking it backwards a few feet.
    "A very intense battle," Blair comments from the sidelines, "I really didn't think this one was going to last very long."
    "You probably counted out the abilities of both Turtwig and Togepi," Matthew comments, "sure it's not the best combo in Tag Battle history, but neither is Kevin and Sam's. It's all about trusting in your partner and making sure you stay on the same page as them, or else you've lost the battle before you've even begun."
    Blair and Nikkei look at Matthew with an almost stunned look on their faces. Matthew understands the look and retorts, "What? I didn't always fall asleep in class you know."
    "Star use Aerial Ace!" Sam commands, and Star aims itself straight towards Togepi.
    "Togepi use…" Maryse yells, but she is interrupted by Soric.
    "Turtwig, block using Bite!" Soric yells, Turtwig does as commanded, but is hit directly by Star's Aerial Ace. It is a few seconds before the referee judges that Turtwig is unable to battle.
    "Oh no," Matthew sighs from the stands, "Soric you made a mistake!"
    Soric calls Turtwig back to its Pokeball and walks away from the battlefield to join Matthew, Nikkei and Blair in the stands. Maryse is distraught and continues the battle the best she can, but Togepi is double teamed by Star and Pidgey, taking an Aerial Ace from Star and Air Cutter from Pidgey. Maryse and Togepi fight back with Ancientpower, but Pidgey counters with Protect. Sam commands Star to use Aerial Ace again, which manages to knock Togepi out.
    "Well, no surprise there!" the MC announces over the gymnasium intercom, "The schools tag champs Samantha Mecha and Kevin Harley win this engaging battle. Of course they are graduating tomorrow, which leaves the tag championships open for current students. So let's give a big round of applause to graduating students Samantha Mecha and Kevin Harley!"
    The gymnasium explodes with applause for Sam and Kevin. Sam and Kevin wave back in respect for the crowd. Sam is granted to say a few words and given a microphone.
    "You know," Sam starts to say, "I don't think any of this would be possible without the foundation of this wonderful school. This school has been so great to me and my friends, that it almost saddens me to leave. I've made so many great friends here, and found a great boyfriend in Kevin, but what I would really like to say, to all you 3rd year students and below, this place is more than just learning, it's about friendship, not just with humans, but with Pokemon, if you don't trust your Pokemon enough, your partner won't trust you either. The communication between yourself and your Pokemon will carry you your whole life, if you can't sense that, then well you shouldn't be here."
    The crowd once again burst into applause for Sam as she returned to the locker rooms to heal her Pokemon, with Kevin following close behind.
    "Wow that's got to be one of the most heartfelt speeches I've heard in a while," Nikkei comments. "I'm sure going to miss you guys."
    "We'll miss you, too," Matthew replies, "it's definitely going to be different without you guys around." It was true that Matthew was going to miss both Nikkei and Blair, but he knew deep down that he was going to miss Nikkei the most. They were becoming such great friends, but Matthew felt like they could have more than that.
    "Oh, Matthew," Nikkei and Blair sigh at the same time, giving Matthew a giant hug. I have such great friends Matthew thinks to himself, loving the moment.

Meanwhile, Sam is in the locker room thinking about the battle she just had with her brother. She is holding a picture of her brother Geno in one hand and the Pokeball containing Star in the other. A small tear drops from her eye as she remembers the memories that she and Geno shared. She felt a hand touch her shoulder, it was Kevin.
    "How you doing honey?" Kevin asks.
    "I'm…I'm fine," Sam replies, wiping the tear away.
    "You miss him don't you?" Kevin asks again.
    "Yeah," Sam replies, as more tears run down her face, "he was the one that helped me find Star, and he helped Soric find Turtwig. The whole family was tore up when they heard about his death. I just can't believe he's gone."
    "Everything happens for a reason Sam," Kevin explains, "it was his time to go and nobody could do anything about it, but there have been rumors going around the internet about the person who did it."
    "Really?" Sam asks, looking up at Kevin.
    "Yeah," Kevin replies, "apparently a group called M.O.D. was found leaving Twilight Ridge the night the accident happened, and there was a giant hole in the side of the ridge."
    "Well I don't think Soric is ready to find out that information just yet," Sam says calmly. I can't stand to figure out what he would do if he found out."
    "He's only 16," Kevin retorts, "how much harm can he do?"
    "You've never seen my brother when he gets angry," Sam jokes, "he seems to flip a lid and become extremely dangerous, I worry about him sometimes."
    "Well ok," Kevin replies, "I won't tell him."
    "Thanks," Sam replies, "now come on, I think it's time we returned to the gym to meet up with everyone."
    "Right," Kevin says. With that they set off to find the rest of the group.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    I see that this has been getting some views, does that mean people like it? I'd love to have some feedback if anyones got any :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Graduation Day!

"Don't you love how this school stays busy even on graduation day?" Matthew asks Nikkei as they walk through the school. There are only a few hours before the ceremony, and Matthew wants to spend as much time as he can with Nikkei before he leaves.
    "Yup, this place sure knows how to stay busy," Nikkei replies, "it's not going to be the same without you."
    "It's definitely not going to be the same not being here," Matthew says.
    "Well a plus about graduating is that you get to take the Pokémon League Challenge," Nikkei reminds him, "in fact I heard that the champion Draco Dragen has taken a special interest in this years graduating class."
    "Oh really?" Matthew says a little surprised.
    "Yeah, in fact Blair was telling me that he was going to make an appearance at the graduation ceremony," Nikkei replies with excitement.
    "Oh, that's so cool!" Matthew replies, "I hope he knows that he's going to be looking at the next champion."
    "Oh Matthew," Nikkei says laughing, "You're so funny."
    "Do you doubt my abilities?" Matthew asks confidently.
    "Not really," Nikkei replies, "I was just laughing because it might be true. You and Blair are the most improved trainers in the school. You two have had the highest marks all year long, you're Pokémon have really become attached to you. You two are like the heroes of the school."
    "Oh, that's not true!" Matthew retorts out of embarrassment.
    "No really," Nikkei explains, "why do you think that the whole school was watching your battle with such interest?"
    "They were really interested in the battle?" Matthew asks, he had been so focused on the battle himself that he had no idea that the whole school was watching.
    "Of course," Nikkei replies, "of course, you guys did kind of ruin it with the whole battle ending in a tie thing. Did you really have to use Take Down?"
    "It was more of a split second decision," Matthew explains, remembering the details from the battle, "your sister was going to hit with Iron Tail and I needed to make a quick move… quickly."
    "Uh huh," Nikkei remarks, she looks away from Matthew for a split second and notices an older lady unfamiliar to the academy, she recognizes her almost instantly, "Mom?" she asks instantly.
    "Hey sweetie!" Mrs. Anderson replies, "hello Matthew how are you doing?"
    "Fine Mrs. Anderson," Matthew replies, "when'd you get here?"
    "Not too long ago," she replies, "where's Blair?"
    "Um, I think she was in getting ready for the ceremony," Nikkei explains, "she's been in her room all day."
    "Well it is a special day for her, she's probably nervous" Mrs. Anderson comments, "well, Matthew, you should get ready for the ceremony yourself, it starts in a couple of hours."
    "I know Mrs. Anderson," Matthew replies, "that's actually where I was headed."
    "Well, we'll catch up with you later!" Nikkei says giving Matthew another big hug.
    "Alright see you guys later," Matthew says in response, and Mrs. Anderson and Nikkei leave Matthew alone. Such a great family, Matthew thinks to himself speaking of family, where's mine?
    Matthew had noticed that his family had not been at the academy all day but thought nothing of it, but seeing Mrs. Anderson made him a little bummed that they had not shown up yet. Suddenly, a small Pidgey lands on his shoulder. The Pidgey has a note attached to its leg. Matthew unties the string holding the note to the Pidgey's leg and begins to read it.
    Dude! When are you going to come back to your room? I've been waiting here all day! So have Mom and Dad! You definitely know how to make people wait! And before you say anything, yes I still have the Pidgey, dang thing won't evolve, but I hear you still have that Eevee of yours so it doesn't matter. Anyway, get your butt back to your room.
    Your brother,
    Jeremy
    Matthew chuckles a little but, "Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy," he silently comments, and walks back towards his room with Jeremy's Pidgey in tow.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Academy, Samantha Mecha is getting ready in her room, she has done her hair special for the event, and she is wearing an elegant long black dress and a nice red hair ribbon that she received from her mom a few days before. Her picture of Geno sits next to her mirror as she gets ready. She looks at it for a few moments before there is a knock on her door. "Come in!" she yells, and her brother Soric walks in.
    "How are you doing?" Soric asks, politely.
    "Good, good," Sam says, but Soric can tell that she is a little down.
    "Are you sure," he asks, "that doesn't look like the face of my sister."
    "It just feels like there is something missing," she explains, glancing at the picture of Geno.
    "Listen, I know you miss Geno," he says, "I miss him too, which is why I plan on pummeling whoever killed him. He didn't deserve to go out the way he did, everyone knows that, but I am not letting my sister get bummed out on her graduation day. It's just not acceptable."
    "Thanks Soric," Sam replies, "but we don't even know who killed him, there was no evidence left at the scene, and from what I've been hearing, he fell off a cliff. They didn't even find Eon."
    "I know, but Geno was better than that," Soric remarks, "do you ever remember Geno losing his way? I know he was not that dumb that he'd fall off a cliff."
    "True," Sam replies, "well I guess there is nothing that we can do about it now. Have mom and dad arrived yet?"
    "Not yet, but I've been looking for them," Soric replies. As soon as he finished his sentence, there is another knock on the door. Sam calls for them to come in, and the two people at the door are Sam and Soric's parents.
    "Hey what timing," Sam says, "we were just asking about you!"
    "Well, here we are," Mrs. Mecha says, "oh Samantha you look beautiful!"
    "Mom," Sam says in disgust, "you know I'm only wearing this because I want you to be happy."
    "I know," Mrs. Mecha replies. "Are you excited?"
    "Of course," Sam replies, "I've been looking forward to this all year, once I graduate, I can compete in towns around the Chikyuu Region…"
    "…and get away from me," Soric jokes.
    "Now Soric, be nice," Mr. Mecha says.
    "I know dad."
    "No," comments Sam silently, "he kind of has a point…"

Meanwhile, on another side of the academy, Blair Anderson is also getting ready for graduation ceremony. She is wearing a sparkling silver dress, with a hair band to match, like Sam she has also gotten her hair done special for the occasion. She walks around her room looking for the speech that she did, seeing as she is going to speak during the ceremony. She was also extremely nervous that she was getting to meet the champion of the Chikyuu Region, Draco Dragen. She had heard about some of the scientific stuff that he has accomplished and was extremely happy that she was getting the chance to meet him.
    Unexpectedly, the room starts to go black for Blair, she starts feeling a sharp pain in her stomach, and a vision of Matthew appears to her. Matthew is at the Pokémon League Championship Grande Stage, battling none other than Draco Dragen. Matthew is using a Pokémon that Blair has never seen him use before, and Draco is using the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza. As the battle rages on, a dark cloud appears over the Grande Stage, blackening the entire field. When the smoke clears Matthew and Draco are nowhere to be seen and the crowd watches on with confused looks on their faces, as a man starts to speak. Suddenly, she feels a tug on her shoulder, she realizes that she had passed out at her desk. She turns around and finds her mom and Nikkei standing behind her both with worried looks on their faces.
    "Lucky, I told you to keep the door unlocked," Nikkei comments, "or else we would have thought you were avoiding us."
    "Blair, what happened?" Mrs. Anderson asks, taking a deep breath, trying to stay calm.
    "I don't know," Blair replies, "I was getting ready for the ceremony tonight, but then the room started to go black, and I saw something."
    "What did you see?" Nikkei asks curiously.
    "Well I saw Matthew and Draco battling at the Grande Stage," Blair explains, "then the stadium went dark and they disappeared."
    "Wait?" Nikkei asks confused, "Matthew was battling the champion?"
    "Yeah," Blair responds, "that's what I just said."
    "That's odd because Matthew and I were just having that conversation in the hallway a while ago," Nikkei explains.
    "Well I have no clue what's going on, but what I do know is that Blair needs to get down to the gymnasium to be ready for the graduation ceremony," Mrs. Anderson says after Nikkei's explanation.
    "Right," Blair says, now frantic, "sorry to rush out and not catch up! Bye Mom!" and she rushes out of the door without another word.
    "Well we better go find our seats then," Mrs. Anderson says.
    "That would be a good idea," Nikkei replies, and they leave the room to go to the gymnasium where the graduation ceremony is being held.

Haha! I knew they wouldn't forget about graduation! Matthew thinks to himself as he walks down the hall with his brothers Pidgey in tow. He had been so sure that they forgot about graduation, considering that he only told them about it once all year. He arrives at his room in a considerable amount of time and is greeted by his parents as soon as he enters his room.
    "There's our little Matthew!" his mom says, giving him a big hug.
    "Mom!" Matthew says trying to struggle out of the hug from his mom.
    "Sorry honey," she replies, releasing him from the hug, "I just can't believe you are graduating."
    "Well at least I know I'm not the only one," a voice from the back of the room retorts, Matthew notices it instantly as Jeremy's.
    "Hey bro," Matthew says unenthusiastically.
    "See you're still here," Jeremy replies, his Pidgey flying to his shoulder, "thought you would have dropped out by now."
    "Now Jeremy," Mrs. Kinsin scolds, "be nice to your brother."
    "I'm only joking mom," Jeremy responds.
    "So are the rumors true about Draco Dragen being in attendance for the graduation ceremony tonight?" Mr. Kinsin asks, finally speaking.
    "Not sure yet," Matthew replies, "I actually just heard that he'd be here from my friend Nikkei, who heard from her sister."
    "You're still hanging out with those two?" Jeremy asks."
    "What are you jealous?" Matthew retorts jokingly.
    "Of course not!" replies a heated Jeremy.
    "Whatever," Matthew retorts, "anyways, can you guys give me a few minutes? I still have to get ready for the ceremony tonight."
    "Of course sweetie," Mrs. Kinsin replies, "take your time."
    Matthew walks to his closet and grabs a box of things and heads towards the bathroom. When he returns, he is wearing a nice black tuxedo, with a tie to match, a solid black Pokeball carrying belt holding the Pokeball containing Eevee. He has his hair slicked back and is sporting a pair of black dress shoes.
    "You look great!" Mrs. Kinsin comments, "good thing I know how to pick out an outfit."
    "Thanks mom," Matthew replies.
    "Well I think we need to get going," Mr. Kinsin says, "the ceremony starts in about an hour, and we still need to find seats."
    "Sounds good dad," Matthew replies, and the whole family heads toward the academy gymnasium.

Matthew and his family made it to the Academy gymnasium without incident. The principal directs Matthew towards the locker rooms. Matthew's parents take their seats on the bleachers next to the Andersons and the Mechas. Hundreds of students and parents are sitting in the bleachers waiting for the graduation ceremony to start. The locker room is likewise packed with last year students waiting for the opportunity to get their recognition as Pokémon Trainers that have graduated from the famed Pokémon Training Academy. Matthew knows that every single student present is looking for greatness. He knows this because he is one of those students and he would love to compete on the Grande Stage and face the champion Draco Dragen. It is not long after Matthew arrives at the locker room before he finds Sam, Blair and Kevin all grouped together in a small area of the locker room.
    "Hey guys!" he calls out to the trainers.
    "Hey Matthew!" Blair replies, "you nervous?"
    "A little," he replies, "but that's to be expected."
    "True," Blair comments, "so what are everyone's plans after they leave here?"
    "Well no doubt that I'm going to take the Pokémon League Challenge," Matthew says with an air of confidence.
    "I think that might be what Kevin and I are going to do as well," Sam comments, "we're intent on proving our worth to this school just like Geno did."
    "So what's on the agenda for you Blair?" Matthew asks.
    "I'm headed off to Shadow City to become an assistant to the Nurse Joy located there," Blair explains with confidence.
    "That's so cool!" Sam replies.
    "Definitely!" Matthew and Kevin respond.
    "Can we get Blair Anderson to the front stage please?" the principal announces over the loudspeaker, "and can we get all the students to sit the provided seats in the bleachers?"
    "Ok, I'll talk to you guys in a little bit," Blair says leaving for the stage. Matthew, Kevin and Sam find some seats in the front row of the bleachers. Blair takes her position at the speaker's podium and searches her bag for something. After a few minutes she looks out at the audience towards the spot where her family is sitting with a confused look on her face. Nikkei chuckles and gets up from her seat and walks up towards the speaker's podium with something in her hand. Matthew chuckles as well noticing that what Nikkei has in her hand is Blair's speech. Nikkei hands the speech to Blair and returns to her seat. Blair recollects herself and looks out towards the audience once again.
    "Fellow students, we should not feel sad that our school experience is coming to an end, for there are many other experiences to be had in this world. New friendships await us on the other side of the gateway to our future; a gateway which will not only test our will to succeed, but our will to become close to our Pokemon. To some, a Pokemon is a hard worker, to some a strong battler, and to some they are both, but one thing that young trainers must realize, is that a Pokemon is also a companion and a friend," Blair says in her speech, "a loyal companion that will be at your side in your time of need.
    "So I say to you my young friends, and those that follow in our footsteps, treat your Pokemon with respect, even in the heat of battle, or in during the toughest of situations. We did not come to this Academy for four years to mistreat our Pokemon. We came to the Academy for the sole purpose of becoming closer to our Pokemon. Along the way we made friends in our fellow trainers, our teachers and even our family bonds became closer.
    "I leave with you my fellow students, a show of gratitude and a message to never give up, to fight for what you believe in and to never back down. And for those who are going to continue on at this school, to take in all of what your teachers teach you, because you never know when that information might come in handy. Thank you!"
    The audience erupts into applause as Blair finishes her speech. The principal of the Academy extends his hand to Blair, then directs her off the stage with gratitude. Blair finds a spot with Matthew, Sam and Kevin as the applause dies down and the graduation ceremony continues on.
    "That was a very nice speech Blair," Matthew comments with a whisper.
    "Thank you Matthew," Blair replies, also whispering, "I worked really hard on it."
    "…now allow me to introduce to you, the Champion of the Pokemon League, Draco Dragen!" the principal of the school announces, as the audience erupts into applause for the champion. Draco walks towards the speaker's podium, and looks out towards the audience in the same fashion that Blair did.
    "Students of the famed Pokemon Trainers Academy have gone one to do wondrous things," Draco explains, "I know that for a fact. I knew a couple of students that went to this academy before going on to follow their goals. One of those trainers was Geno Mecha. When I first met him here in the academy, he was young and confident like the graduating class today. After time, we became friends. Among many I am saddened about his death a few months ago. Rest assured, the Pokemon League Elite's are scouring the region in order to track down the suspect or suspects responsible for his death.
    "The other trainer that I mentioned was of course, myself. When I first arrived at the Academy, I did not have the dreams of becoming the Pokemon League Champion like my father Lance, but only to become the best that I could be with the abilities and opportunities that came my way. By doing that, I was able to get to the point that I am now, but even the greatest of champions lose their luster, which is why I have taken great interest in this years graduating class. I hope that one day I will get the chance to battle one of you, and maybe, crown a new champion of the Chikyuu Region. A trainer with the same drive and determination as me," Draco looks in Matthews direction, "and this trainer needs to possess something that other trainers do not, and I feel that there is a graduate here that meets those conditions. So until then my fellow trainers, I bid you farewell."
    Draco leaves the stage as the audience once again bursts into applause. Blair, Sam and Kevin look towards Matthew in confusion.
    "Ok is it just me, or did the Pokemon League Champion look in your direction?" Sam asks confused.
    "I'm pretty sure he did," Kevin responds.
    "Why me though?" Matthew asks. Has the champion secretly been keeping an eye on me? Matthew thinks to himself.
    A voice comes over the loudspeaker announcing that the students are needed to be in line alphabetically for the ceremony. Blair, Sam, Kevin and Matthew say their goodbyes for now and attempt to find their places in line among the gala of students in the locker room. Blair's place in line is up towards the front, Kevin and Matthew fall in around the middle of the line, and Sam falls in not too far behind Matthew. Once the graduating class is lined up, the principal starts reading off the names of the students. He goes down the list, as promised, in alphabetical order, reading off some of the names of people that Matthew and the his friends have become accustomed to hearing over their four year stay at the academy.
    I'm going to miss some of these guys Matthew thinks to himself as he stands in line. Of course, the one person I'm going to miss the most isn't even in the line with me.
    A large applause breaks Matthews train of thought as Blair's name is read from the list. The whole row where the Andersons, Kinsins, and Mechas are sitting erupts into applause for Blair. Matthew smiles happily as Blair crosses the stage. He knows for a fact that once they leave for the open world of the Chikyuu Region that their lives will change forever. Matthew calmly goes back into a thoughtful state, the more he thinks about leaving the academy, the more he thinks about Nikkei and Soric. I might have to talk Nikkei into keeping an eye on Soric for me he thinks to himself, imagining all the trouble that Soric has gotten into in the past. His train of thought is once again broken with a large applause for Kevin. Kevin calmly walks across the stage and receives his Cherish Ball and diploma.

This'll be me in a couple of years Nikkei thinks to herself as she sits and watches Kevin walk across the stage.
    "Hey Mom," she says looking over at Matthew, "is it just me, or is Matthew deep in thought?"
    "It does look like something is bugging him," Mrs. Anderson replies, "I wonder what's up."
    "I hope he's not worried about anything," Nikkei says, "do you think that Blair told him about the vision?"
    "No I don't think she has yet," Mrs. Anderson replies, "he doesn't need to be worried about that before graduation."
    "True," Nikkei sighs, her and Matthew had gotten along so well at the Academy that she was a little distraught to see him go. She keeps thinking about life without the graduating class until she sees something coming from above the stage. She is concerned so she turns towards Soric and Jeremy.
    "Hey guys," she says, her face wrought with concern.
    "Yeah," the young trainers reply.
    "After Sam goes across the stage there's something I think we need to check out," she explains.
    "What's wrong?" Soric asks.
    "I think I might have seen something above the stage…" she tries to say, but she is interrupted by another large applause, this time for Matthew. The trainers applaud for Matthew as he makes his way across the stage. Nikkei notices Matthew look up as he finishes his time on the stage.
    "See, even Matthew seems to think there is something up there," Nikkei comments.
    "Ok, I guess you're right, but what are we going to do about it?" Soric asks.
    "We're Pokemon Trainers," Nikkei replies, "we'll do whatever it takes."
    "Fine," Jeremy remarks, "but if something goes wrong, don't blame me!"
    "Alright," Nikkei says back. Another applause breaks out in their row as Sam makes her way across the stage, giving Soric, Jeremy and Nikkei their imaginary queue to make their way to the area above the stage.
    "Where are you guys going?" Mrs. Anderson asks, "the ceremony isn't over yet."
    "We wanted to be the first to congratulate Sam, Kevin, Blair and Matthew," Nikkei replies with a smile.
    "Well, ok," Mrs. Anderson answers back, "we'll stay here and watch the rest of the ceremony."
    "Ok!" Nikkei says, faking her excitement. "Sounds good!"
    They find the entrance to the locker rooms and automatically start looking for Matthew, Blair, Sam and Kevin.
    "Where are they?" Jeremy asks, not being able to find his brother anywhere in the crowd.
    "I don't know," Nikkei replies, "we'll find them."
    "There's Sam!" Soric shouts.
    Sam automatically turns around at the sound of her name being called. Soric motions for her to come over to them. Sam walks over to the small group.
    "What's up?" Sam asks, concerned.
    "Where are Matthew and Blair?" Nikkei asks automatically.
    "There over there," Sam says pointing to a spot in the locker room, "why?"
    "I'll explain in a minute come on!" Nikkei says running to the spot in the locker room, and they make their way to Matthew and Blair. When they finally make it to Matthew and Blair, Nikkei is almost out of breath. Nikkei grabs Matthew's hand and nearly yanks him to the staircase closest to them.
    "What's going on!?" Matthew asks, as Blair, Sam, Kevin, Jeremy, and Soric following close behind.
    "I think I saw something above the stage!" Nikkei replies.
    "You saw it, too?" Matthew asks, stunned.
    "Yeah," Nikkei replies, "come on!"
    They make it to the staircase in record time, nearly blowing the door off its hinges in the process. The door slams shut behind them, but Nikkei is in too much of a hurry to notice. She also fails to notice a mysterious trainer standing at the door. The trainer locks the door and lets out a low chuckle.
    "Fools," she says leaving the trainers banging on the door and starts to follow Matthew and Nikkei.
    Nikkei leads Matthew to the spot where she remembers seeing whatever she saw. She stops to try and figure out what she is doing. The commotion of the graduation ceremony continues underneath the spot where they are standing. The small crack still visible underneath their feet.
    "Nikkei, what is going on?" Matthew asks, confused.
    "I don't know," Nikkei replies, "but I definitely saw something up here."
    "I did too," Matthew replies, "but what are we going to be able to do about it?"
    "I don't know," Nikkei she frantically screams, "I don't know! Just give me time to think…"
    "Time's up!" the mysterious female snarls, finding Nikkei and Matthew, "you are going to regret coming up here."
    "Who are you?" Matthew inquires.
    "You don't need to know who I am," the grunt replies, "all you need to know is that you're going to deal with the both of us!" Suddenly, another trainer walks into the room. This trainer is more burly than the female trainer they have been dealing with.
    "That's right," he says, "you two are battling the both of us! Go, Ivysaur!"
    "Go, Wartortle!" the female trainer says and both Pokemon stare down Nikkei and Matthew with an evil look.
    "Well we have no choice," Nikkei says looking towards Matthew and grabbing the Pokeball from her belt. "Go, Happy!" The small pink Pokemon named Happiny appears from the Pokeball and stares down the two Pokemon across the way.
    "Yeah, no choice," Matthew sighs, grabbing the Pokeball from his belt, "Let's go Eevee!" and the small silver Pokemon appears from its Pokeball. The small Pokemon seems ready for a battle.
    "Ivysaur use Vine Whip!" The male grunt commands.
    "Happy block with Light Screen!" Nikkei commands in response, and the small Happiny puts up a shield that lowers the power of Ivysaur's Vine Whip attack.

As the battle rages on above the stage, the graduation ceremony continues on with no notice. No one has noticed that the two young trainers are missing. The students have all finished crossing the stage and the parents are all making their way to the locker room to meet their children. Sam, Soric, Blair, Jeremy and Kevin automatically find their parents and tell them what is going on.
    "Where's Matthew and Nikkei?" Mrs. Anderson asks finding the group.
    "They're in the room above us," Jeremy replies, almost out of breath.
    "They're what!!!" Mr. Kinsin and Mrs. Anderson yell, stunned!
    "Nikkei thought she saw something above the stage," Soric explains, "she came in and grabbed Matthew and they ran upstairs! The door is locked so we can't get up there!"
    "Well we've got to help them!" Mr. Kinsin says, "who knows what trouble they've gotten in!"
    "Let's hurry!" Soric yells.
    The trainers come across the door that Matthew and Nikkei entered. The door is still locked, Mrs. Anderson looks concerned.
    "There have to be other doors," Jeremy says," this can't be the only door to the roof area."
    "Well the only way to find out is by splitting up," Blair states, "Mom, you and the adults go that way, us kids will go this way."
    "That'll work," Mrs. Anderson replies, and all the parents disappear to look for a way to access the roof. Blair and the other students go in the opposite direction with the same objective.
    Above the stage, Nikkei and Matthew are still in the same predicament of fighting two adults. The kids are exhausted, as are their Pokémon, from the fighting.
    "We can't keep this up," Nikkei says, "our Pokemon have taken too much damage!"
    "We can't give up," Matthew replies, fully focused on the match at hand, "Eevee use Shadow Ball!"
    The exhausted Eevee aims the attack at Wartortle getting a direct hit. Wartortle fell to the floor only to have Ivysaur attack back with a Razor Leaf. Happy jumps in front of Eevee and puts up a Light Screen, shielding it from major damage. The trainer of the Ivysaur looks dumbfounded for a moment. Matthew takes the opportunity as an opening, commanding Eevee to use Shadow Ball, sending Ivysaur flying back, right into Wartortle. Happiny watches on with great interest before Wartortle regains momentum and aims a Water Gun attack at Happiny.
    "Eevee! Block!" Matthew yells. Eevee quickly jumps in front of Happiny, taking critical damage from the Water Gun attack. "Eevee!" Matthew yells as he rushes to where his Pokemon lies. Eevee gets up before Matthew can make it to the injured Pokemon and turns to face the two intruders, who have mysteriously disappeared. Matthew and Nikkei return their Pokemon to their Pokeballs and prepare to head out, but to the surprise of the trainers, a bomb goes off and the floor which they are standing on gives way. Matthew reacts quickly by grabbing the closest part of floor he can find and Nikkei's hand at the same time. The two trainers dangle for a few minutes before Blair and a majority of the parents arrive. Disappointingly, they are unable unable to get to the trainers due to a wall of fire blocking their way. Students and parents are now gathering below the scene, watching on worried. Suddenly, the flooring that Matthew is holding on to gives way, and both Matthew and Nikkei fall to the floor below.
    "NO!" Blair yells in shock, and almost instantly the two trainers are pulled from the sky, being caught by a giant Pokemon.
    "That's a Dragonite!" Soric exclaims, arriving behind Blair and Mrs. Anderson, along with Jeremy, Sam and Kevin.
    The Dragonite flies high enough to maneuver around the gymnasium before landing safely. Draco Dragen, the owner of the Dragonite, helps Nikkei and Matthew down and recalls the dragon Pokemon to its odd looking Pokeball. He then grabs another odd looking Pokeball and calls out another giant, dragon looking Pokemon.
    "Gyarados! Use Hydro Pump!" Draco commands, and the Pokemon obeys dousing the fire in the area above. After the fire is doused, the Pokemon turns its head towards the group of trainers and parents.
    "Get on, Gyarados!" Draco yells, the group does what they are told and the Pokemon lowers them to the ground. Draco then the group off of his Pokemon, and recalls the giant to its Pokeball.
    "Thanks," Nikkei gratefully says to Draco.
    "No problem," Draco replies, "may I ask what you were doing up there in the first place?"
    "Well, I saw something above the stage area," Nikkei explains, "I went to grab Matthew and when we went to investigate, there were a couple of trainers up there. We battled, and after Matthew's Eevee took heavy damage from a Wartortle's Water Gun, they disappeared and that bomb went off."
    "Hm, very intriguing," Draco says, mumbling to himself, "no they can't be here, and if they are, why?"
    "Is something wrong sir?" Mrs. Anderson asks.
    "No, nothing at all," Draco replies with a serious look, he then turns to the principal of the school, "I need to be going," he says and then turns to leave.
    "Wait, Mr. Dragen," Matthew calls out.
    "What is it?" Draco asks, turning around.
    "I thought Gyarados' were supposed to be blue," Matthew says, "why is yours red?"
    "Some Pokemon can be off colored," Draco explains, "as many Pokemon there are in the world, there are just as many off colored Pokemon in the world."
    "So my Eevee?" Matthew asks under his breath, just loud enough to where Draco can hear it.
    "Let me see this Eevee," Draco says.
    Matthew grabs Eevee's Pokeball from his belt and reveals it. Eevee is still exhausted from the battle with the mysterious trainers, but is still able to stand on all fours. Draco leans in to look at the Eevee.
    "The Eevee you have here is something special," Draco says, "you should take good care of it. In fact…" Draco then proceeds to get something out of the bag he had been carrying. He rummages through the bag for a few moments before pulling out a Super Potion. "May I?" he asks Matthew.
    "Um, sure," Matthew replies, and Draco sprays the Eevee with the Super Potion, much to Eevee's dismay. After a few seconds, Eevee looks like it is feeling better than ever, looking up at Matthew with a big smile on its face.
    "Thanks Mr. Dragen!" Matthew says happily.
    "No problem," Draco replies, "and please, call me Draco," and with that he and walks away, leaving the group in awe.
    "Cool!" Soric says, "you and Draco as friends, that's awesome!"
    "We're not friends Soric," Matthew comments, "I barely even know him."
    "That's true," Soric replies, "but he healed Eevee for you!"
    "True," Matthew says, "but under the circumstances it was only reasonable."
    "Yeah, but it's still pretty cool," Soric says.
    "Anyway, since the ceremony is over, why don't we head home?" Mrs. Anderson says, "today's been a big day you guys need some rest."

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Taking a peek at your fic here, and thought I might say some things as opposed to doing something more sensible at this hour like sleeping. =P

First off, I'll mention that you should watch for how you post the fic itself. A general rule of thumb with posting stories on the internet (more so forums) is to hit enter twice and hence have a blank line between each paragraph or new line of dialogue, etc - that's so it's asier for people to read the fic itself (as otherwise it may appear as a 'wall of text' to potential readers, and computers don't help eyesight as it is at times). You've got paragraphing itself down-pat - just add more spacing between them is all. Furthermore, I'd advise going without specific font and text colour with the formatting (if you didn't realise, then quote the prologue for instance - a lot of [FONT=___] and [COLOR] tags about). Thing with that is sometimes say the colour black doesn't show up for user who happen to use a dark forum skin, and so forth, so it's best to stick to the default.

The plot portrayed in the prologue seems interesting, and i wonder how the prologue connects to the rest of the story. It seems you have something already planned in general plot-wise (or leastways that's the feling I get) which is good to see. I'd warn though about the dangers of a 'beat evil team with special Pokemon and all' plot - main dangers involve the main characters being Mary-Sue like characters (basically characters which have the world revolve around them - everything turns out right for them, they do awesome things despite all odds, they have the best/rarest ever Pokemon, etc - combinations of those traits rather than just one mind), which can hurt the believability and realism of a story. It seems that one of your character's Pokemon already portrays qualities a Mary-Sue character or rather a large one - a shiny Eevee. Eevee are regarded canonically to be rather rare at best, and a shiny one even more so - and this one was found in a random steel mine by chance. Maybe reconsider such details and traits, as it can put a dampener on fics, and even scare off potential readers who encounter such things one too many times. A more believable set of Pokemon can help make for a more believable set of characters, as it's hard to believe that someone can just happen to fin a shiny Eevee in such circumstances. Other such traits that are hinting towards his is the champion of the region (who is Lance's son no less) saving the main character/s and parallels between Geno and Matthew - that's already a large amount of factors that are making Matthew seem rather too lucky and basically too awesome to be a plausible character. Maybe consider some revisions to balance things out - it's certainly a significant factor to consider.

Watch also for rushed events - for instance in the last chapter I felt at times events happened too fast, with a lack of detailing the reactions of the characters to these events and generally description - prime example of this is the bomb-going-off part. There was a lack of shock from characters I felt in response to this, and some more description such as the effects of the explosions (heat created from it, destruction of the room, etc) could have helped make it feel more 'real' - more like it was actually happening and also more interesting.

A good way to do that is to show us rather than tell - throwing together a quick example, you stated in chapter 1 'The amazing battle continues as the entire school watches on.' - here you're telling us that it is an amazing battle
    but not really showing us what makes it so amazing - is it the determination and energy the Pokemon are displaying, or how brilliant the attacks seem, for instance? A way to show readers that the battle is awesome would be to go into more detail describing the attacks and reactions from the Pokemon fighting, and maybe showing the onlooker's reactions (ooh's and aaah's or gasps as the Eevee shuddered at the impact of the Thunderbolt attack which lit up the battlefield, for instance). It's the combination of all of the small additions that make the big difference.

It seems you have a decent handle on punctuation especially with dialogue for the most part, which is quite good as it's not too often I see new writers that actually know the ins and outs of those (from my brief read at any rate).
    The dialogue and character interaction seems decent too as well, and is probably a strength - certainly seems believable and there's little in the way of awkward-sounding speech whatsoever, so kudos on that.

A few general mistakes here and there now that can be applied to the rest of what you have so far in terms of fixing and editing:
    "Eon use Shadow Ball!"
    When someone is addressed by name, nickname, etc, a comma either precedes or follows the name - in this case, the comma should be after Eon:
    "Eon, use Shadow Ball!"
    There's various instances of this in battle commands, easy enough to fix though.

The silence of Twilight Ridge, broken with this simple command, and the Pokémon's owner, Geno, wouldn't hesitate to command again.
    Watch out for awkward-sounding sentences - commas shouldn't be overused too much in place of a few extra words. Normally a simple sounding sentence (or set of sentences) works better. For instance, I'd reword the above to:
    The silence of Twilight Ridge was broken with this simple command, and the Pokémon's owner, Geno, was ready to command again.
    Geno Mecha, a Pokemon Trainer from Rosewood Town, has ventured to the highest point of the Chikyuu Region to scout out a syndicate of evil Pokemon Trainers called Makers of Destiny, a band of Pokemon criminals that have their sights set on the rarest Pokemon of the Pokemon World, the legendary Pokemon. Geno, and his partner, Eon, a finely groomed Eevee, have ventured this far into the ridge to try and stop them from acquiring Darkrai, the Pokemon that is known as the Pitch-Dark Pokemon and controller of dreams. Geno has heard rumors that Darkrai is their most recent target.
    The problem here is that at times you tend to narrate to the audience explaining what is happening or going on directly (e.g. This is the situation, he suspects them of this, and now he will do that). Problem with that is that it brings us out of the story and disrupts the flow (by 'braking the fourth wall' - try to avoid this and instead integrate the information into the story - maybe have the character think some things to himself and hence show us these thoughts, or some dialogue between people shedding more light - this could allow for a more gradual pacing and keep parts mysterious making us want to read more to find out the answers.
    Ueon again aims the attack right at Metagross's face, but Metagross dodges the attack by levitating into the air. Metagross then attacks back by using its psychic powers to levitate some of the nearby rocks, sending them back at Ueon, sending Ueon flying backwards. Ueon returns to his feet and charges at Metagross using Quick Attack, but is unsuccessful when Metagross uses Gyro Ball, again knocking Ueon backwards. Ueon slowly returns to its feet.
    Again on the description front, attacks could generally be described some more in your battles, for as-is it's not easy to imagine and reads at times like a battle in the game (it used Gyro Ball!) Detail what the attacks look like, and how characters react to the attacks, and it'll make for a more interesting battle already.
    It is graduation day and the young boy, Matthew Kinsin, is about to graduate.
    Be careful of being repetitive as well - here variations of graduate are mentioned twice in the one sentence.
    "Oh, that's right, you guys didn't hear did you," Nikkei comments, "you see, Sam and Kevin asked for a tag battle, and these two of course are their opponents."
    Many times in dialogue you tend to force a run-on sentence by continuing dialogue over multiple parts with commas. Rather (when applicable - best way to check is to read out loud and see if it sounds like a comma or full stop fits best) begin a new sentence at the new dialogue tag and hence change the comma to a full-stop and capitalise the following word. Again note this isn't the best option every time - only when it should read as two separate sentences.
    "IT'S SORIC!" the boy shouts.
    Is it bad that I first read it as 'IT'S SONIC!'? =P
    "Yeah, whatever," the girl, named Sam, replies.
    ...I suppose it is bad then. =(

On a last note, write out numbers less than 100 in most cases (e.e. three over 3, sixteen over 16, etc).

It's not bad by any means, and it certainly has potential - as said I like the character interactions particularly - nothing extra special but certainly solid enough, and the graduation felt like a proper graduation too witht he atmosphere created. In true tl;dr style: work on the description (and atm it's certainly not bad - usually you're having something and I can tell what's happening certainly - but there's room for improvement for everyone really in writing and I feel trying out more would definitely lengthen out the writing and make it all the more enjoyable to read) and reconsider the points I mentioned mainly regarding Matthew, as it does has a significant impact, and I fele this'll improve considerably. I hope this was of some help to you, and good luck with your story. =)

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    Sorry about the font/color thing, this is my first time posting something on forums. So I just copied and pasted from Microsoft Word, which was probably the problem.

Yeah, the prologue was used to introduce M.O.D. (Makers of Destiny) and Geno Mecha.

The thing on the Shiny Eevee, Eevee is going to be used by a lot of trainers in the fic, Eon (Geno Mecha's Elite Four Character) is going to have a team based off it's evolutions (minus Glaceon and Espeon) so I didn't think starting Matthew off with an Eevee was that bad. Now that I think about it, giving Eevee some kind of special power because of finding it in the Steel Mine might be going a little over board, oh and wait until I introduce the Chapter with Topain Beach, there might be a sense of unrealism there. I might work that out to where it'll work and be reasonable though.

On the realism of events, how would be the best way to put the bomb going off? I hadn't really considered many of the parts that you brought up.

And in the battle scenes, is there any particular way that those are supposed to be written out? I am also new to the Pokemon Fighting scenes as well.

And the opening line, I had considered putting a comma there.

Skipping down a little more, the narroration I tend to overwrite that part because I don't want to fill the fic with so much dialogue.

The character Soric is in no way based off of Sonic, it's just coincidence that it happens to be one letter off (if i need to I can ask my friend, whom the character is based off of, if he has a better name in mind)

I didn't know I used numbers, but I will keep that in mind :)

Thanks so much, it's my first big fanfic and I wanted as many comments on it as possible, I will take into consideration the points you pointed out, and I too thought the graduation was some of my best work (considering that it's been almost a year since I have graduated myself)

The Silver Prince

The Protector Reigns
    Years
    To tell the truth, I wasn't absorbed by your story. The Prologue was good but in my opinion Eevee evolved a little too quickly before we got to know him. I read snatches of the rest of the story as I wasn't into it.

The Silver Prince

The Protector Reigns
    Years
    Well, I don't mean to be rude but if you use a bit more humor, you will catch people's (mine at least) interest.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    But not all stories can have humor in them. If Mayfan24 placed humor into her fic, it would be rather out of place, especially in the prologue. She's building a dramatic battle scene. Any humor in that part would break the mood.

I personally like the prologue the way it is now. If I had more time currently, I'd read the rest of your fic, Mayfan24. The grammar just needs a bit of fixing, but it looks to be a good fic so far.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    But not all stories can have humor in them. If Mayfan24 placed humor into her fic, it would be rather out of place, especially in the prologue. She's building a dramatic battle scene. Any humor in that part would break the mood.

I personally like the prologue the way it is now. If I had more time currently, I'd read the rest of your fic, Mayfan24. The grammar just needs a bit of fixing, but it looks to be a good fic so far.
    yeah i was kinda starting it off with the more seriousness factor, idk where it'll go when I get farther in.

The Silver Prince

The Protector Reigns
    Years
    Um, okay. As it is said, 'it's your party'.
    Note to Astinus-
    I liked the prologue as well but the story has taken a downhill turn from there,I think.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    I don't know if I mentioned Dark Rose City in the previous chapters, but I recently changed it to Shadow City.

Chapter 3
    Hitting the Ground Running

"Ah, it feels great to be home!" Matthew exclaims loudly, landing on his bed. Soric finds the nearest chair and sits down while tossing the Pokeball containing Turtwig up in the air and catching it. Nikkei and Blair sit at the foot of Matthews bed, while Sam, Kevin and Maryse find a spot on the floor to sit.

The trainers have just returned home from Pokemon Academy. For Nikkei and Soric, it's a break from the vicious studying that the academy provides. For the rest of the trainers, it's their first day as graduates, and they have decided to start off with a little downtime in their hometown.

"Well now that you guys are graduated, what are you going to do first?" Nikkei asks curiously.

"Well I was thinking about taking the gym challenge here in Chikyuu," Mark replies, "mom and dad think that it would be good for me to travel, and I'd be able to catch some awesome Pokemon!"

"We were thinking about doing the same thing," Sam says, referring to her and Kevin, "rumor has it though that all the gyms here in Chikyuu require at least three Pokemon."

"But you guys only have one Pokemon a piece," Nikkei points out, "and I'm pretty sure that the challenge won't let you borrow Pokemon from other trainers."

"Well then I propose a challenge," Matthew says, "since Sam, Kevin and I are all going to be competing for the title of Champion of the Chikyuu Region, we'll split into groups, Kevin and Sam, and I'll go by myself."

"Are you sure?" Blair asks.

"Yeah," Matthew replies, "it can't be that hard, many people before us have done it, and I don't think Nikkei and Soric would be against helping me do some training while we're still in town."

"Oh, yeah," Nikkei comments, "Rosewood Town's got the first gym. Beginning trainers usually go out to the woods to catch their first Pokemon."

It was true, trainers around Rosewood usually set foot outside Rosewood Town to catch their first Pokemon. Then after they leave town, the trainers parents usually set up a contact with a Professor from a different region to store Pokemon. That professor would then care for the Pokemon until the trainer contacts them. Unfortunately, the Chikyuu Region does not have a Professor or a Pokemon Laboratory, making it extremely difficult for the students from the Chikyuu Region.

"Hey Blair," Mrs. Anderson calls from the living room of the Kinsin household, "can you and Nikkei bring everyone out here for a minute?"

"Sure mom!" Blair yells back, and all the trainers leave the room and head towards the living room. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, along with Mr. and Mrs. Kinsin, Mr. and Mrs. Mecha, and Mr. and Mrs. Greene are all having a very intriguing conversation.

"What's up mom?" Blair asks curiously.

"Well, all the adults got together and talked, and well we decided our graduation present to you is a ranch," Mrs. Anderson explains.

"A ranch?" Matthew and Blair ask, confused.

"Yes," Mrs. Anderson replies, "our old Pokemon Ranch!"

"We know it's hard for new trainers to catch more than six Pokemon at a time without contacting a Professor from another region," Mr. Kinsin explains, "so we thought it best that your Pokemon be transported here."

"Here let me see your new Pokemon Navtechs," Mrs. Anderson says. The new graduates hand her the odd looking, pocket sized devices. The devices have a variety of features for the new trainers. Only students and graduates of the Pokemon Academy are allowed to have these devices. The devices provide a way for trainers to communicate with one another, along with a Pokedex, a clock and a radio. Mrs. Anderson proceeds to insert something into the devices, a few minutes later, the device beeps and a new screen pops up. Mrs. Anderson then proceeds to put some more information into the devices. Soon after, she hand the devices back to the trainers.

"There, all finished," she says with a sigh of relief. "Now whenever you catch a Pokemon, after you have caught six, your Pokemon will be transported to the ranch."

"Can we show them the ranch?" Nikkei asks.

"Of course!" Mrs. Anderson replies. "Follow me!"

Mrs. Anderson leads the trainers to the ranch, which is a short distance from the Kinsin household. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, along with Matthew's parents, lead them close the Anderson's house, but instead of taking the trainers inside, the adults lead the new trainers around the side of the house. What they find is an open field. The ranch looks like it is designed for any type of Pokemon. Along with the vast clearing, there is a pond not far off.

"This is so cool!" Matthew says in awe.

"Yeah," Nikkei replies, "this ranch has been here for ages. We got it when we got the house."

"The best thing is, Matthew, that alongside Mr. Anderson and me, your parents will help take care of the Pokemon here," Mrs. Anderson explains, "so your Pokemon are in safe hands."

"Oh, I don't doubt that one bit," Matthew says, "hey Nikkei, you want to come out and help me catch some Pokemon? I want to challenge the gym leader as soon as possible."

"Hold on Matthew," Blair says, "I need Nikkei to help me with something."

"Ok," Matthew replies, "Soric come on!"

"What's up?" Soric asks.

"We're going to catch Pokemon," Matthew explains.

"I think we should get started on that too, Kevin," Sam says.

"That would be good," Kevin replies.

"I'll stay here and help Blair with whatever she needs help with," Maryse comments, "see you later Soric!"

Matthew, Soric, Sam and Kevin dash out of the house and head in opposite directions. Blair, Nikkei and Maryse hold back.

"What did you need help with sis?" Nikkei asks.

"We're going to go catch some Pokemon," Blair replies, "I want to win the badge from town before I leave for Shadow City to help Nurse Joy."

"Oh, cool!" Nikkei says.

"So this town's badge is the only one you want?" Maryse asks.

"Yeah," Blair answers.

"Ok, then Togepi and I are here to help!" Maryse replies with confidence.

Blair, Nikkei and Maryse leave the house without another word.

"Where are the Pokemon?" Matthew asks. Matthew and Soric have been on a search for Pokemon for hours and haven't found anything. Soric suggested that they check the forest that they played in when they were little. They would always find Pokemon in the forest when they were little, but now that they were trainers, they weren't able to find any Pokemon.

"Do these Pokemon know that we are trainers or something?" Matthew asks Soric in an irritated tone.

"They must not like trainers," Soric replies, "we had no problem finding Pokemon when we were little."

"True," Matthew says, he is about to turn away and head to another area when he hears a rustle in the bushes, and a small red, fox-like Pokemon appears. Excited about this, Matthew grabs Eevee's Pokeball from his belt.

"Come on out Eevee!" Matthew yells, throwing the Pokeball containing Eevee into the air. Eevee appears from the red and white ball in a battle ready position, and prepares to attack. The fox-like Pokemon notices Eevee and readies itself for battle.

"Eevee use Take Down!" Matthew commands, and Eevee attacks the fox-like Pokemon in the same fashion that it had attacked Blair's Pikachu. The fox Pokemon dodges the attack, and uses Swift, hitting Eevee.

"That was a Swift attack!" Soric says in awe. Matthew pulls out his Pokemon Navtech and accesses the Pokedex feature. The Navtech registers the Pokemon that Matthew is battling.

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokemon," the Pokedex says, "It controls balls of fire. As it grows, its six tails split from their tips to make more tails."

"Cool a Vulpix," Matthew says silently. "Eevee use Quick Attack!"

Eevee attacks the Vulpix with a fast tackle, knocking Vulpix into a tree. The Vulpix regains itself and unleashes a Flamethrower attack at Eevee. Eevee dodges the attack and retaliates by hitting Vulpix with a Shadow Ball attack. Vulpix slowly gets back to its feet, Matthew notices that it is weak enough to capture.

"Ok, Eevee, one more shot!" he yells out, "use Iron Tail!"

Eevee hits the Vulpix right in the middle of its head, knocking the Pokemon out. Matthew grabs an empty Pokeball from his belt and tosses it at the Vulpix. A beam of red light engulfs the Vulpix. The Pokeball then starts to shake vigorously. Matthew waits anxiously as the Pokeball shakes. Matthew lets out a sigh of relief when the Pokeball stops shaking and moves toward it to pick it up.

"Awesome!" He exclaims loudly, "I caught a Vulpix!"

"Nice job Matthew!" Soric says excitedly. "Only one more and you can battle the gym leader."

"That's right," Matthew replies, "and I know just where to find one."

"Pokeball, Go!" Sam yells, throwing her Pokeball at a weakened Pokemon. The Pokeball shakes vigorously before stopping, indicating the capture.

"Great job Sam!" Kevin compliments, "that was a great capture."

"Thanks Kevin!" Sam replies as she pulls out her Navtech to check the Pokemon she just captured.

"Mareep, the Wool Pokemon," the Navtech explains, "Its fluffy coat swells to double when static electricity builds up. Touching it can be shocking."

"Awe, that just makes it even cuter," Sam says, adoring her new Pokemon. "I'm going to call you Fluff."

"And now we have all the Pokemon we need to battle the gym leader of Rosewood,
    together," Kevin explains, "I can't wait to get that gym badge."

"Yeah, but what are we going to do about the champion?" Sam asks, "I don't think we can both become champions, can we?"

"I don't think so," Kevin replies, "we'll have to figure that out when we get there, but don't worry, we'll figure something out."

"I hope so," Sam says softly. A rustle in the trees breaks up the moment. Sam and Kevin look up at the three where the noise was made and notice a head look out towards them. Sam accesses her Navtech to get information on the Pokemon.

"Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon," the Navtech explains, "the electricity sacs in its cheeks are small. If even a little electricity leaks, it becomes shocked."

"Awe, another cute Pokemon," Sam says, "I want to catch this one, too."

"There's something different about this Pichu though," Kevin observes, "the one the Navtech showed us didn't have the little notches in its ear like this one does, how very odd."

Sam looks toward the Pichu in curiosity and starts to grab a Pokeball. The Pichu notices and darts off.

"Hey! Come back!" Sam yells and she chases after the Pichu. Kevin follows close behind. They chase the Tiny Mouse Pokemon all over the forest before they lose it. Sam and Kevin continue searching for the Pichu before they finally give up.

"Where'd it go?" Sam asks, confused.

"I don't know," Kevin replies, but we might as well head back to the gym now, it's getting kind of late."

"Ok," Sam says, disappointed, and the trainers head back to town to compete against the gym leader.

"You ready Blair?" Nikkei asks, a little concerned for her sister.

"I think so," Blair replies, not as confident as she makes herself out to be. She had spent the day capturing Pokemon like the others, and she was able to get back to the gym before the others. She sighs deeply before entering the door of the gym. She walks in and looks around, almost in awe. Nikkei and Maryse follow her into the gym with the same expression on their faces. Even though they have lived in Rosewood Town all their lives, they had never been able to challenge the gym leader to a battle. Blair walks up to the challenger's box, the area of the gym where the challengers stand to battle the gym leader. She notices that the arena in the gym looks exactly like the one she battled on at the Pokemon Academy. After a few minutes, a woman with dark brown hair unfamiliar to Blair approaches the box on the other side.

"Who are you?" the woman asks.

"My…my name is Blair Anderson," Blair replies nervously, "you must be the gym leader."

"You would be correct," the woman replies, "my name is Tammy, and as you have guessed, I run the gym here in Rosewood Town. I take it you wish to challenge me?"

"Yes I would," Blair replies, grabbing a Pokeball from her belt.

"Very well then," Tammy says, also grabbing a Pokeball from her belt, "I accept your challenge. Go, Butterfree!"

Blair's Pokedex feature activates automatically, "Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokemon. Butterfree love the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen."

"Very well then," Blair says, "then I'll choose, Munchy!"

"Munchlax!" says the very enthusiastic Pokemon.

"Butterfree start with Tackle!" Tammy commands, and Butterfree flies in towards Munchy.
    "Munchy, catch it and use Lick!" Blair retaliates, and Munchy does as commanded, catching Butterfree mid-Tackle and licking it with its Lick attack.

"Butterfree, use Aerial Ace!" Tammy yells.

"Munchy use Counter!" Blair commands, and even though Munchy stands there as Butterfree zooms in for the attack, Munchy is able to deflect the attack and send Butterfree flying backwards. Butterfree tries to return to the battle but falls to the floor out of energy. Tammy recalls her Butterfree and cracks Blair a smile.

"You're really good," Tammy compliments, putting Butterfree's Pokeball back on her belt.
    "Thanks," Blair replies with a smile, "I've had practice."

"Blair is really doing well," Maryse comments from the sidelines.

"Very impressive," Nikkei replies, "she's really connected with the Pokemon she caught."

Suddenly, Matthew and Sam burst through the gym doors.

"I was here first!" Matthew yells, "I get to challenge the gym leader first!"

"No I was!" Sam retorts, as Kevin and Soric walk in calmly, "Kevin and I get to challenge them first!"

"Um, guys," Nikkei says calmly, "you're going to have to wait in line. Blair actually got here first."

"What!?" Matthew and Sam say in disappointment at the same time.

"Blair wanted to win the gym badge from Rosewood before leaving for Dark Rose," Nikkei explains, "you know, for sentimental reasons."

"That makes sense," Soric says, "I would have wanted to do the same thing."

"Well it's time to continue this battle," Tammy comments, "Come on out Rhyhorn!"

"Rhyhorn, the Spikes Pokemon," Blair's Navtech explains, "Rhyhorn's tackles can destroy anything. However, it is too slow witted to help people work."

"Munchy, use Lick!" Blair commands.

"Rhyhorn, use Take Down!" Tammy replies quickly. Rhyhorn hits Munchy with such force that it is knocked out instantly.

"Wow, that was a strong attack," Matthew comments, "she has really trained her Rhyhorn well."

"No doubt," Nikkei says, "Blair's going to have a tough time against it."

"Besides Pikachu, what other Pokemon does she have?" Soric asks.

"She caught that Munchlax and Teddiursa," Nikkei replies, "two impressive captures if I say so myself."
    "Come on out, Teddi!" Blair yells, and almost automatically Matthew's Navtech gives him a description of the Pokemon.

"Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokemon," the Navtech explains, "Teddiursa let honey soak into its paws so it can lick them all the time. Every set of paws tastes unique."

"That's an odd Pokemon, "Matthew comments, "a Pokemon that licks its paws."

"Well I guess we'll have to see how it does in battle," Nikkei replies.

"Rhyhorn use Take Down again!" Tammy yells out and Rhyhorn charges at Teddiursa with a ton of force. Suddenly, Teddiursa starts crying, this makes the Rhyhorn stop charging. As soon as the Rhyhorn stops, Teddiursa rams the Rhyhorn with its head, knocking the Rhyhorn back a few feet.

"Impressive," Tammy comments, "your Teddiursa knows how to lure opponents out of an attack. Well it's not going to stop Rhyhorn. Use your Headbutt!"

"Teddi block with Seismic Toss!" Blair yells, and Teddiursa grabs Rhyhorn's horn and tosses it into the air. Rhyhorn falls to the ground unable to continue.

"Whoa," Matthew comments, "I didn't think that Teddiursa had that much power."

"Well at least Blair is able to control the power in that Pokemon," Nikkei replies, "she's a great Pokemon trainer."

"No to bad kid," Tammy comments, "it's been a while since I've had a challenge as good as this."

"Well thank you," Blair replies.

"But I hope you know this doesn't mean I am going to give up. Go! Sneasel!" Tammy yells releasing her Pokemon from its Pokeball. The blue weasel looking Pokemon appears from its Pokeball and quickly attacks Blair's Teddiursa with an Ice Punch attack, knocking Teddi out.
    "Whoa, that was fast!" Matthew comments, he is impressed by the speed of Sneasel and that it was able to beat Teddi so quickly.

"Teddi, return!" Blair yells, holding out her Pokeball as Teddi is engulfed in a bright red light. "You're good, but fortunately my last Pokemon can match your Sneasel's speed! Let's go Sparks!" The Pikachu appears from its Pokeball and looks ready for action. The Pikachu displays this with a loud "Pika!" and Blair has Sparks start with a Quick Attack. Tammy has Sneasel counter attack with a Headbutt, showing that the Pokemon are not only matched in speed, but in power as well. The Pokemon and their trainers stare each other down, studying the opponent carefully. Blair then decides to make the first move.
    "Sparks use Thunderbolt!" Blair calls out, the electric shock attack blasts Sneasel backwards. Sneasel easily returns to its feet and quickly uses a powerful Blizzard attack, shaking Sparks up. Sparks quickly shakes off the attack.

"This is almost a dead heat matchup," Nikkei comments.

"No doubt," Sam replies, "it seems like this match could go either way."

"Your friends speak the truth," Tammy says, "we are almost in a dead heat."

Not for long Nikkei thinks to herself Blair is going to turn this around. I know it, I just saw it, but why did I see it? I still don't know why this is happening to me.
    "Is something wrong Nikkei?" Matthew asks curious, seeing that Nikkei is fixated on a certain spot.
    "No, nothing at all Matthew," Nikkei replies back with a smile.
    Nikkei must've had one of her "moments" again Blair thinks to herself I wonder if what has happened to her for so long is starting to happen to me, but I can't focus on that now.

"Sparks use Discharge!" Blair yells out, and Sneasel, being unable to guard, is once again knocked back a few feet. A visible shockwave flows through Sneasel. Tammy gasps in response. She knows that Sneasel has been paralyzed by the Discharge attack and she knows that it is going to be tough to compete against Pikachu from here on out. Paralysis usually happens to a Pokemon when either an electric attack is used or if the move Stun Spore has been used by a grass type Pokemon.

"No!" Tammy cries out, "Sneasel!"

Yes, that's just the opening I needed! Blair thinks to herself. "Sparks use Quick Attack!"
    "Sneasel, use your Quick Attack!" Tammy responds, but Sneasel doesn't move due to the Paralysis, and Pikachu nails Sneasel with a high speed tackle, knocking the Sneasel to the ground. Blair and Tammy wait a few moments before realizing Sneasel has been knocked out. Blair lets out a sigh of relief and not too long after is rushed by Nikkei and Matthew.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations sis!" Nikkei cries out. "That was amazing!"

"That was absolutely great!" Matthew comments, "I'm glad you were able to get the gym badge."

"Thanks you guys!" Blair replies, then she looks at the other trainers that are there, "I have to thank you guys as well."

"It's no problem," Sam replies, "we'll always be here for moral support."

"You have some great friends here Blair," Tammy says as she walks up to the group of trainers. "I will now confer you with the Petal Badge. With this badge, you are one step closer to the Pokemon League."

"Oh, I'm not challenging the Pokemon League, I just wanted to win the towns gym badge before I left for Shadow City," Blair explains.

"Well whatever you are going to do with the badge I am still obliged to give it to a strong trainer," Tammy replies.

"Well thank you ma'am," Blair says, politely taking the gym badge from Tammy.

"Well Blair, you were the first to receive your gym badge," Nikkei says, "we should head back to the house so you can get ready to leave for Shadow City."

"We probably should," Blair replies, "thank you for the wonderful gym battle ma'am."

"Please, call me Tammy," Tammy replies, then she extends her hand and says "and it was my pleasure."

Blair gladly accepts the handshake, says goodbye to Tammy, and turns and leaves the gym along with the rest of the trainers. As the trainers are leaving the gym, there is a rustle in a nearby bush. Nikkei turns to look at what was in the bushes, but cannot find anything. Matthew turns to see what the matter is.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Oh, nothing," Nikkei replies, "I thought I heard something in the bushes, I must have been wrong though."

"Nikkei, you always have had a knack for hearing things," Blair comments from the front of the group without looking back.

Nikkei gives Blair a dirty look and returns to the group. Unknowingly to the trainers though, they are being watched by a M.O.D. member and his Xatu. The M.O.D. member smiles and then has Xatu use Teleport. The Xatu teleports him to a room that overlooks Shadow City, the man with the Xatu looks around before calling Xatu back to its dark Pokeball.
    "So what information did you discover about those two kids?" a mysterious voice asks. The man's voice is deep and mysterious.

"Yes master," the man with the Xatu replies, "the young one, she has a sister. That sister is headed for Shadow City to become an assistant to the Pokemon Center."

"Ah, very interesting," the deep voiced man says, "the boss must know about this right away. Lyum! Get in here!"

Another trainer enters the room, this trainer has darker skin and is wearing an all white suit. He has the same type of Pokeballs as the rest of the Makers of Destiny. "Yes sir?" He replies.

"I need you to contact the boss," the deep voiced man replies, "you're his right hand man. He's still iffy on my trust after the Twilight Ridge mishap."

"Yes I remember," Lyum says, a little perturbed, "what is it I have to tell him?"

"Tell him that one of the two trainers that he had us watch has a sister, and she is coming here," the deep voiced man says.

Lyum stands there for a moment, then he smirks and says, "fine."

Back