• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male or Female Characters?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I RP males usually. I have a harder time getting myself into the mindset of a female, so I usually avoid it. :P

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • i only ever write female characters, simply because i don't have enough of an understanding of the male mind to consider myself fit to write as one ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

i'd really like to work on that though. but i don't really know how, haha

I usually stick to the Male side since i still have no idea what can go on in a womans mind.

I RP males usually. I have a harder time getting myself into the mindset of a female, so I usually avoid it. :P

All this talk about the "male mind" and the "female mindset" really confuses me lol. I actually have no idea what people mean when they say that? I personally don't believe there is any such thing; one guy's mindset might be completely different from another guy, and two women might be like night and day in terms of personality and belief. And besides, the best way to start getting better at RPing someone of another gender is to RP someone of another gender. xP

RPing is all about pretending to be someone you're not. I don't have the foggiest idea what goes on in the mind of an evil Gengar transformer-bot, but thirteen year old me jumped right in anyways. xD And for a more recent example, I have no idea what a banshee suffering from withdrawal and PTSD might be like, but damn it would be fun to find out! Surely simply playing a person with slightly different hormones isn't that big a deal in comparison. ^^

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have up to this point only played man, but that's mainly because when I thought up those character they were male. I have made a female character for Venice now, so it's going to be interesting trying that out.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • When I started Roleplaying, not on PC, I had this idea about my female characters being battle medics and my males being soldiers (this was a starship troopers Roleplay) and I made a male Fleet member. However I passed this phase of making my tender and caring characters females, then I went through another phase, where I wouldn't play female characters because I didn't want to be percieved as homosexual. if I played a female I would use a secret alt account, due my sheer insecure sexuality. Now I play my characters Gender blindly, although a general lean towards my own gender out of habit. but I often make female character to challenge societal norms (or light satire challenging the general ideals for appearence), for example my reapers soldier with non sexualized and effective armour brought up on a farm.

I wish to justify my insecurity with that more often than not I would enter in family or romantic Roleplay arcs, and yes I admit often being female in such story arcs.

Back