• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Male or Female?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I know that but I never got to understand why, since it's been pretty clear for a long time in the official website that Serena/Calem is the name of the rival.

yea there just rival names. when you choice female or male character. but your trainer you can name who you want it to be. it your pokemon trainer story

Sirfetch’d

Unlike with the last 2 Pokemon games I really love both of these protagonists and picking which to use is harder than I thought. I am going to play as the male though on my first playthrough as I traditionally do and his name is going to be Chase. If I do end up getting the Y version later this month, I will play it using the female protagonist and probably let her retain the name of Serena!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If Serena can have her hair chopped into pixie hair, then I might go for her.

Kiara

Laughing Hyena
    Years
    The first game of every generation I go with female and name it Kiara for the sake of consistency. Any other games/playthroughs in that gen though, I choose depending on how I feel at the time, usually naming the trainer after one of my original characters.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I usually play as female on many games simply because it's more fun to me/animations are better. Plus in previous games I couldn't get online at all. So I'll be playing as the male protagonist now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    For the first game of every generation I pick male and use my own name. Then for the sequel I choose female and a random name. Just to make things more varied.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Seeing as this game has alot to do with "Fashion" and customization, I want a character i think is cool and that I can see myself being, aka, not a girl. So I'll be picking the boy this time around.

Years
    I always choose the female character, so I will be picking Serena. :D I haven't played as a dude since silver/gold.

Years
    I was set on the female character when they were first released because of the male's blandness, but reading through this thread and being reminded of customization I'm now torn.

Probably when (if) I get the game I'll decide on the spur of the moment.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I am picking the female of course. I always try to be the female character lol(I find nothing wrong about a male who plays as females. its just a game lol)and besides she is better designed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm going to be a girl in my game, since I am a girl.
    I might name her Casey but I might not. I might choose my first name instead.
    Since X and Y have so much character customization I might make my character just like me instead of an imagined version of myself.

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Male definetly mostly because of the customization.

Really happy i can make the character resemblance myself a bit.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am going to pick the female character first because I always choose the girl in my first run through. I usually don't like playing as a boy in any game.

Years
    Serena! I've always chosen the female characters when possible. Although I have to say, this generation's protagonists both have a very cool design - I think it's more simplistic and with the customization abilities, I think everyone will like this gen's protagonists.

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
    Years
    I'm going to play as the female in Y and the male in X. I really like both basic designs this time, and I want to try out all the customization options!

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I've always has a preference for playing as females for some reason, and that won't change with pokemon Y :p so I'm playing the female and I shall name her Gypsy or Fiona :D

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
    I'm playing as male. Anyways I'm gonna customize the character either way so it doesn't matter. :P

Back