• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mantine or Skarmory?

Which do you like better Mantine or Skarmory?

• Mantine!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Skarmory

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Neither!

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    It's very simple. Which do you like better, Mantine or Skarmory?
    Mantine or Skarmory?

Mantine
    Water/Flying
    HP: 65
    Attack: 40
    Defence: 70
    Special Attack: 80
    Special Defence: 140
    Speed: 70
    On sunny days, schools of Mantine can be seen elegantly leaping over the sea's waves. This Pokémon is not bothered by the Remoraid that hitches rides.

Mantine or Skarmory?

Skarmory
    Steel/Flying
    HP: 65
    Attack: 80
    Defence: 140
    Special Attack: 40
    Special Defence: 70
    Speed: 70
    Skarmory is entirely encased in hard, protective armor. This Pokémon flies at close to 190 mph. It slashes foes with its wings that possess swordlike cutting edges.

Personally I like Mantine better. It looks better and has Remoraid with it.​

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    I like Skarmory more, but have more time logged using a mantine between Gold version and Colosseum. Good times, Whirlpool. Mantine also has a neat back sprite.

Took me a while to realize that was a Remoraid on it back in the day. Got my reading specs a few grades after the GS days.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I'm totally neutral about this one. I don't like nor dislike either of them, and have no preference.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Skarmory. Just for the fact its a bird made out of metal and doesnt drop out of the sky somehow..

Celebi11

Despicable Me
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2013
    Hmm...I'd say Skarmory, but I kinda like Mantine too, it's just because Skarmory's looks fit in my opinion lol. :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Lol Johto heads. I didnt really use Skarmory in battle, but Mantine is an awesome defense tank. I love its typing, and I love the method on getting Mantine through evolution. Its design is awesome too.

On that note, when I was younger I use to think that Remoraid evolved into Mantine :P silly me.

Ayselipera

:o I never knew Mantine and Skarmory had practically the same stat set up! I'm ashamed. :'(

I like Skarmory better though. Back when the II generation first came out I encountered a Skarmory right below Blackthorn City on that weirdly confusing route and loved it ever since. It took me by surprise too since those were the days I had no idea what Pokemon to expect within the game.

In the case of Mantine I had a rather frustrating history with it. For the longest time I was dying for a Remoraid, but I didn't have the slightest clue where to find one. I assumed I needed a Mantine since a Remoraid was always attached to its gills in its sprites. So I caught one and then dragged it around to every body of water to surf on, but of course it never worked. So I guess I sort of carry some ill will towards Mantine. Its sprite was so deceiving! :/

I still think you should get a complimentary Remoraid with every Mantine you catch.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I used to play competitively so it's obvious who I'm going to pick. Skarmory is an amazing Pokémon to battle with. Its versatility, typing and moveset makes it an amazing lead and its helped me so many times. Also, the bad-guy role it takes in most animé scenes of it make it even cooler in my eyes as it fulfils the role it has in game and those which its aesthetics show.

Mantine is also a Pokémon that I like - however, I've never used in in-game or seen it much in the animé so I can't get as close to it as I am with Skarmory.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Skarmory is an excellent physical tank and doesn't have a 4x weakness to pick on. Plus it can do anything from all-out attacker to using a Spikes/Whirlwind/Sandstorm strategy. Easy choice for me, really.

Years
    Both Mantine and Skarmory are good in their own ways, I can't just compare them on their secondary types. But I'd go for Skarmory because of it's been pretty useful for me during battles. Mantine is good too, with it's special attack and special defense, but I'm still going with Skarmory.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I love the looks of mantine, as well as it's typing. Although Skarmory is probably better in battle .

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I like both of them even though since I always play(ed) on the Silver games I never got the chance to use Mantine. Just by looking at their stats, you can tell that they can both take hits pretty well and can dish out some decent damage with their average Attack/Special Attack stat.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I adore Skarmory! It has a very different design to any pokemon we had seen before, which is cool. I also find the idea of a flying mantary kind of odd. Strange type choice there.

My vote goes with Skarmory.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Skarmory because its design is cooler, it has better movesets, and it has a pretty good defense and resistance to types.
    Mantine is okay, but it's sorta weird and ugly. xD

Back