• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map of the Week

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Map of the Week

Welcome to the Map of the Week, which you all know and love. Here, as you know if you've seen the older threads, this thread is for choosing the best map of all the entries each week. It is a place to see examples of some of the best maps created by the numerous users of the PokéCommunity. Now, you're probably wondering…

"How do I enter?"

You can enter through two methods, one by posting here in this thread using the following form (see: below) or by sending me a Private Message with the appropriate form. Please note, all entries will be moderated (on a lenient scale, so don't worry). Basically, I don't want any crap-maps in here. If it's a map you did in two minutes, I don't want to see it. But, if it looks nice (will be judged at my discretion), I'll approve it. But, also, if the form is not included in the entry, or if the map is bad, I will disapprove your entry, and it will not be eligible for voting. Also, if the rules of the thread are not abided by within the entry, it will disapproved without further notice. Also, mapshots must be enclosed in a spoiler.

Form:
    Code:
    Map Name:
    Tiles used:
    Credits:
    Comments:
    Mapshot:
    Rules and Regulations

If you wish to enter Map of the Week, you hereby and agree to, the following rules:

• You will not enter a crappy map you made in <10 minutes.
    • No vulgar language.
    • No theft of another's map. (This is basically stealing, which is prohibited within the ROM Hacking section. If caught, you will be handled by moderators at their discretion.)
    • If you post a map that is a simple edit of another's map, it will be counted as theft.
    • No remakes are allowed. (Come on, Nintendo beat you to the punch. :<)
    • No questions like "How do I make a map?" or anything of the sort.
    • You may only enter one map per one week.
    • You may not post without either a) submitting a map for entry during the entry period or b) voting for a map. You can post suggestions for the MotW if you would like.
    • You may post GameDev maps, but I'd rather you not. You guys have a MRT, too. :( Maybe not a MotW, but still.
    Voting Rules

• You may not vote for your own map.
    • Although I can't track it, please do not pressure other members to vote for your map. It's not funny, and it won't help you. If we think you pressured others to vote for your map, your map will be revoked from voting. If you vote for a map under pressure, and we suspect it, your vote will be counted as invalid.
    • You must post a valid reason for why you chose to vote for that particular map. If you do not, your vote will not be counted, and your post will probably be deleted at the moderators' discretion.
    • I also might post a map of my own design up for voting. But, not every week. Maybe once a month or so.

Deadlines

Maps must be submitted before 12 AM GMT -6 Sunday (6 AM GMT). The voting period will come after that, meaning at 12 AM Sunday (Saturday night at GMT – 6, Sunday morning GMT), the voting period will begin and you all can vote. Maps submitted after 11:59 PM on Saturday will not be accepted; however, you may resubmit them next week. Votes after or before the voting period for that week will not be counted. Winner(s) will be announced the following Thursday.

Approval/Disapproval

Approvals will be made at my, or a moderator's, discretion. Meaning, we'll decide when we want, which is usually taken care of by me as soon as possible.

Also, if your map got disapproved, you may Private Message me saying why you think it should be approved.
    Current Approved Entries
    Please note only 6 will be approved per week (this is counted after (dis)approval appeals, and once the weekly period is over.
    1. colcolstyles' map: Link
    2. Wind~'s map: Link
    3. Surf's map: Link
    4. Thrace's map: Link
    5. Griin's map: Link
    6. QuilavaKing's map: Link
    7. Synyster_Lili's map: Link
    8. Ninja Caterpie's map: Link
    9. sasquatchd00d's map: Link

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    First Post!

Let's hope this one lasts longer than the previous versions.

Map Name: Oceanside
    Tiles Used: Stock Fire Red, Ruby, & Emerald tiles, plus one from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Credit: N/A
    Comments: A simple starter town by the ocean. It's been edited since this shot was taken but I think it's good enough as is.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Seems a lot nicer than Oddishanator's. :3

Stick with it Seth~

Map Name: Chiroh Village
    Tiles used: Standard FireRed tiles
    Credits: N/A
    Comments: Entered in the Get-Together's Map Area Design contest. Might as well put it here for fun as well~
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Let's hope this one lasts longer than the previous versions.

Map Name: Oceanside
    Tiles Used: Stock Fire Red, Ruby, & Emerald tiles, plus one from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Credit: N/A
    Comments: A simple starter town by the ocean. It's been edited since this shot was taken but I think it's good enough as is.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I'm hoping to stick with it as long as I can, and hopefully, it'll go a long way, and possibly intertwined with RHN, if it ever comes back..

As for the "Tiles Used:" thing, it's basically what tiles you used to create the map with. It's optional, so don't worry about it.
    Seems a lot nicer than Oddishanator's. :3

Stick with it Seth~

Map Name: Chiroh Village
    Tiles used: Standard FireRed tiles
    Credits: N/A
    Comments: Entered in the Get-Together's Map Area Design contest. Might as well put it here for fun as well~
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Looks very nice, Michael. Could use with some more trees in the center, but other than that, it's fine.

Either way, Both maps are approved.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Map Name: Sand Path
    Tiles used: Stock FR and Emerald tiles
    Credits: Nintendo
    Comments: Made for my hack, no stealing!
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Map Name: N/A - just some estuary.
    Comments: Yeah, nothing much. Page stretcher.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Map Name: none
    Tiles used: weslyfg's hack...
    Credits: kyledove, wesleyfg, and xiros
    Comments: I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Map Name: Janihr Fields
    Tiles used: FR tiles
    Credits: Berry Tree by me
    Comments: I don't think it looks particularly nice but I think I achieved what I was going for.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Map Name: Route 701
    Tiles Used: Rhevarhe_Duh tree tiles, Pokemon - Diamond apricorn tree tiles, Kyledove mountains tiles and paletts, Synyster_Lili tree tiles
    Credits: Rhevarhe_Duh, Pokemon - Diamond, Synyster_Lili, Kyledove
    Comments: Just a random route map for my hack :)
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Map Name:Tropical Sunrise
    Tiles used:hmm..not sure as this is from Ray's rombase
    Credits:To ray for the rombase
    Comments:hmm,this were done quite some time ago.some may have seen it...xD
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    It looks nice, but I don't care for the tree placement or the tiles used. They look gaudy.
    Sorry, but I'm going to disapprove this map.
    Believe me, it's nice, but the tree placement and tiles just aren't right.
    If you could fix it, I would probably accept it, but for now...

Disapproved.

Map Name: Sand Path
    Comments: Made for my hack, no stealing!
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    It is a very nice map, but I think the paths could use some touching up. Either way, I like it, so..

Approved. :D

Map Name: N/A - just some estuary.
    Comments: Yeah, nothing much. Page stretcher.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I'm still kind of "eh" about this map.
    It's got a few borders errors (if the player revisits the area after obtaining Surf), and there aren't any rocks in the water. I know estuaries don't normally have rocks in the water, but it still looks bad. Plus, tree placement isn't that great. Estuaries are low-level land, usually below sea level, and this has mountains. It just doesn't fit. Plus, estuaries aren't that spread out usually.
    Nice try, but you just kind of missed the estuary theme here.
    Sorry, but...

Disapproved.

Map Name: Janihr Fields
    Tiles used: FR tiles
    Credits: Berry Tree by me
    Comments: I don't think it looks particularly nice but I think I achieved what I was going for.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Oh goodie. A map by none other than Thrace. :D
    I find it can be a bit square in places, but I can tell you where going for somewhat Nintendo-style, and it worked out well. Flower placement could use some work honestly, but it's still nice.

Approved.

Map Name: none
    Tiles used: weslyfg's hack...
    Credits: kyledove, wesleyfg, and xiros
    Comments: I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I really don't know what to say. The water looks bland, but other than that, it's pure beauty.

Approved

Map Name: Route 701
    Tiles Used: Rhevarhe_Duh tree tiles, Pokemon - Diamond apricorn tree tiles, Kyledove mountains tiles and paletts, Synyster_Lili tree tiles
    Credits: Rhevarhe_Duh, Pokemon - Diamond, Synyster_Lili, Kyledove
    Comments: Just a random route map for my hack :)
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I don't care for the combination of tiles, but other than that, it looks fine.

Approved

I know that the rules don't specifically state it, but I would be correct in assuming that the maps have to be made in a ROM Hack? Or are any maps such as game development maps allowed entry?
    I would prefer if you stuck with ROM Hacking maps only, but I don't see a problem with Game-Dev Maps.

I'll go add that right now.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    ...I'd rather not get off-topic in the thread (which is for entries/votes))...
    I think there should also be a rule which says that posts not containing submissions will be deleted. You know, to re-emphasize the point that the thread is for submissions only and questions/comments should be asked via VM/PM.

...which means that this post suggesting no non-submission post is against the rules D:
    [/self-reference-irony]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Map Name: CAVE OF DEATH!!! (Not really, I haven't actually thought of a name for it lol.)
    Tiles used: Standard Emerald set
    Credits: ME!
    Comments: Well, I don't see any caves yet... so I guess I'll post the first one. :D This is one of 8 or 9 different cave maps that I've made recently. I just decided to post the biggest one for this thread. So I guess you get an extra sneak peak at my cave, since I was going to wait till it was all done to post any more in the map rating thread. Total time spent on this map: 56 minutes. Of course that's after I had spent all day working on other nearly identical maps... so I got pretty good at doing it fast after awhile. (Oh, and before you go saying that it's too cramped, or that there's too many rocks. This was done in a new style of mine, to add all those rocks etc in the paths to make them smaller, and more realistic. So it's supposed to be cramped lol.)
    Mapshot: See Attachment

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Map Name: CAVE OF DEATH!!! (Not really, I haven't actually thought of a name for it lol.)
    Tiles used: Standard Emerald set
    Credits: ME!
    Comments: Well, I don't see any caves yet... so I guess I'll post the first one. :D This is one of 8 or 9 different cave maps that I've made recently. I just decided to post the biggest one for this thread. So I guess you get an extra sneak peak at my cave, since I was going to wait till it was all done to post any more in the map rating thread. Total time spent on this map: 56 minutes. Of course that's after I had spent all day working on other nearly identical maps... so I got pretty good at doing it fast after awhile. (Oh, and before you go saying that it's too cramped, or that there's too many rocks. This was done in a new style of mine, to add all those rocks etc in the paths to make them smaller, and more realistic. So it's supposed to be cramped lol.)
    Mapshot: See Attachment
    Very unique cave map you got there. ;3

Approved

Map name: Route 321
    Tiles Used: Zel for greenery, Myself for the trees and Zelda edits for the wild poke' grass.
    Comments: Erm.. took a while to map.. it's a link, because the map's too big. It's going to be in Pokemon Liquid Crystal.

https://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2446/mapfqz.png

Approved

UPDATE: Ninja Caterpie, after a brief discussion with sasquatchd00d, I've decided your map should be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Map Name: Wildwood Pass
    Tiles used: kyledove, cope, Wesley_FG, newtiteuf
    Credits: kyledove, cope, Wesley_FG, newtiteuf
    Comments: Meh, I don't expect to win with this map. I'm just too lazy to open up advance map to make a new one. Maybe next week.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Back