• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I want some other people to review it
    How can I improve it?

Actually, I like your idea. But maybe you can start by improving the palettes. To be honest they are quite ugly. Secondly, change all the tiles: The trees, the Cherrygrove City houses, the HGSS styled gym, the temple. Saving up blocks (space) make the tiles look horrible. The Cherrygrove City houses don't have a door. You should add some flowers and bushes to make it look more natural. Never mix R/S/E tiles with newer ones *points at contest hall*. Also, it looks too symmetrical. Try making the maps a little bit more natural, never ever make too long straight lines (water, mountain, trees).

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    After some months i gotta post some new stuff!
    Map Name: -
    Map Game: FireRed (GER)
    Credits:
    -Red-eX
    -Xiros
    -Saurav
    -Don Patch
    -Wesley FG

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Credits:
    -Red-eX
    -Xiros
    -Saurav
    -Don Patch
    -Wesley FG

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP

MOP <33
    Comments: I think you've rusted out a bit, but this is good anyways!
    It looks a little empty in my opinion. I like your mapping style though.

Suggestions: Maybe fill up some space with little trees. (ya know, you were using them a lot!)

Rating: 8.5/10

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Credits:
    -Red-eX
    -Xiros
    -Saurav
    -Don Patch
    -Wesley FG

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP

I respectfully disagree with Ray Maverick in that I don't think that you should add any more trees. This map is sitting right on that fine line between too cramped and too empty, a perfect balance in my opinion. Usually your maps are a lot more natural than this one but I prefer the style you used in this map. And even if it is just a tad too empty, in-game there will be people roaming around which should fill those empty spaces. Overall, I think it's a great map and I love the feel that I'm getting from it. Good job!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I respectfully disagree with Ray Maverick in that I don't think that you should add any more trees. This map is sitting right on that fine line between too cramped and too empty, a perfect balance in my opinion. Usually your maps are a lot more natural than this one but I prefer the style you used in this map. And even if it is just a tad too empty, in-game there will be people roaming around which should fill those empty spaces. Overall, I think it's a great map and I love the feel that I'm getting from it. Good job!

Wouldn't roaming around be too boring? I mean, too much roaming?

I should re-post some of Nirvana's maps. :D
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I should re-post some of Nirvana's maps. :D
    Spoiler:

One thing that immediately draws my eyes are the red blobs (which I assume are meant to be berries?) on the trees. Looking at the map they are far too distracting, perhaps a pallette change might fix that but I think it would also be better to put berries on fewers trees (and in bigger numbers - one berry on a tree is fairly abnormal).

The water shape at the bottom I love, looks very natural and fits the gap well.

Around the edge of the map the amount of trees is just right, however they overcrowd the garden area a lot and so I think it would look better with a few less in the middle. There are also a too many flowers, which look like they have been used just to border the path rather than to show it's a garden.

Grass is good, I like how you used the wild grass in conjunction to the in between grass tile.

Overall I'd give this map 8.5/10

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Map name: Route 1003.
    Game: Pokemon Sunlight
    Rom base: Master of Puppets Fire Red Base
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: This goes into the Lotimus region. Please rate like this: Pros < Cons < Ideas < 1-10 rating < Comments.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Map Name: N/A [It's a mountain town]
    Map Game: Leaf green
    Hack: Pokemon Aragonite
    Comments: I remade it in leaf green (used ruby before.) I plan to change the tiles (for the hack map.) Ok here it is!

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Route 3
    Game Engine: Fire Red
    Hack: The Tempest

Comments: Here is my attempt at fixing this route. The old one is on the previous page of this thread if you want to compare this with the old version.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Route 1
    "
    "
    Comments: You initially come from the west.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh my god, Michael is posting a map. EVERYBODY RUN! AHHHHHHH. :O And since Advanced Map is being completely retarded on this dumb ass computer, I had to print screen it, open it on Paint, cut out the map, and then save it. >___>

EDIT: Forgot to mention, realize my skills are a bit rusty, so some harsh, but not saying "tis map sux0rz", criticism is okay.

Here is the map:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    Town: Lavender Town
    Game: Pokémon FireRed
    Hack: Pokémon Blaze

Map Rating/Review Thread[/QUOTE]

Essentially a drastic map edit, I haven't done it as a completely new place just as an edit for my latest hack

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Spoiler:

I made this map to recreate (on a small scale) part of the Kanto Safari Zone in a Gold Rom.

The story of this map is the Safari Zone got overgrown, and only a small part of it is still accessible, so the Warden opened it for free since a lot of it was gone. :D

If you rate poorly, because of graphics, Arceus will shoot you with a lighting bolt.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Map Name: Gralf Village
    ROM Base: Fire Red
    Hack: None (For now)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The mart is supposed to be that way. This is a large-scale village. There are 3 routes, but only 2 are open. It's supposed to be square. This is a test version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Map name: Chera Cliff
    Game: FR
    Hack: None
    Comment: I've been practicing my mapping lately, and trying out new styles.
    Not one of my best maps, just a quick one.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    I rate it poorly but not because it'd have bad graphics since they're much better than in original 3rd gen games :P

Your mapping needs work.
    For example putting grass & ground tiles together like in the upper part of the screen doesn't work. There should be better border between them or something...
    Also I know that safari zone tileset doesn't have water edge blocks in them but you should have created them with block editor to look better ;)

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    @Skara

Far too much 1-Tile walk ways, will make the game very crowded when you are trying to walk around it so try opening up the map a bit.

Try giving the mountain on the topleft a second layer because at the moment it looks a bit bland.

The glass door on the cave thing in the middle looks a bit odd, maybe change it for a cave or another style of door.

Finally, the tree and rock placement could do with some fiddling. There are far too many rocks around the cave-thing, it makes getting to the building above look awkward- The trees look weird because there are very few and you have placed them in perfect patterns. Scatter them around a bit more (but don't necessarily add any more).

Rating: 4/10

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    @Skara

Far too much 1-Tile walk ways, will make the game very crowded when you are trying to walk around it so try opening up the map a bit.

Try giving the mountain on the topleft a second layer because at the moment it looks a bit bland.

The glass door on the cave thing in the middle looks a bit odd, maybe change it for a cave or another style of door.

Finally, the tree and rock placement could do with some fiddling. There are far too many rocks around the cave-thing, it makes getting to the building above look awkward- The trees look weird because there are very few and you have placed them in perfect patterns. Scatter them around a bit more (but don't necessarily add any more).

Rating: 4/10
    tbh when I saw in my User CP that you were the most recent poster, I was REALLY looking forward to your opinion lol.
    Working on it now, Trees spread a bit, less rocks and more layers

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Fair Enough, so I'll maker the dirt and Mountains more jagged and fix the trees?
    Gotcha

EDIT:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

kk Is this better?

i just see one error and that is that the underground of the large hiuse is 2 tiles big and that the mountain isnt there so i would change that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back