• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Alright, and here is my map for a hack I'm working on.
    Name: Greenrise Village
    Hack: Pokemon Dark Destiny: The Rise of Death
    Base ROM: FireRed
    Credits: TB Pro - Palletes for trees, and onyx for ROM base.
    Comments: I think it's pretty good. A little village. =] But I think it's a little plain...
    Spoiler:

Well, the first thing I noticed is that it is very plain. A lot of empty space in the middle. Now, I'm not saying it as bad, but a sign and a flower should have a NPC or two there. Also, you're going to run into border problems, I bet you that. Considering the fact that both at the bottom-left and bottom-right corners there's empty space. (On the BL side, just 1 block width) Otherwise, I love the palette. 8

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
  • Well, the first thing I noticed is that it is very plain. A lot of empty space in the middle. Now, I'm not saying it as bad, but a sign and a flower should have a NPC or two there. Also, you're going to run into border problems, I bet you that. Considering the fact that both at the bottom-left and bottom-right corners there's empty space. (On the BL side, just 1 block width) Otherwise, I love the palette. 8
    Corect me if i am wrong but there is no border problems because of the way it is mapped there is enough room for the trees that are set as the border blocks in the mapping program that would cut off the gaps so that the player would not be able to access those areas.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Well, the first thing I noticed is that it is very plain. A lot of empty space in the middle. Now, I'm not saying it as bad, but a sign and a flower should have a NPC or two there. Also, you're going to run into border problems, I bet you that. Considering the fact that both at the bottom-left and bottom-right corners there's empty space. (On the BL side, just 1 block width) Otherwise, I love the palette. 8
    Yeah I tested it and yeah, the border was lined up differently then the trees I put in. =\ So I fixed it. The new map:
    Spoiler:

Corect me if i am wrong but there is no border problems because of the way it is mapped there is enough room for the trees that are set as the border blocks in the mapping program that would cut off the gaps so that the player would not be able to access those areas.
    Actually they were lined up differently then the border, that's why.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Yeah I tested it and yeah, the border was lined up differently then the trees I put in. =\ So I fixed it. The new map:
    Spoiler:

9.5/10

I like the palletes and tiles, and it looks natural. It kinda looks more like a route than a small town, but still very nice.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah I tested it and yeah, the border was lined up differently then the trees I put in. =\ So I fixed it. The new map:
    Spoiler:

Actually they were lined up differently then the border, that's why.

Looks way better. I'm still partial to the tree in the bottom-left, but it's your hack, not mine. 9.5

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Took a while but here:

Map Name: Pokemon Center
    ROM: FireRed
    Hack: Blue Moon
    Credits: MetalCoreSuit
    Spoiler:

Rate please? :D I'll rate in return.
    For some reason the tiles caught my attention.
    The map is pretty nice. I can't see any errors but like the other person said. FR & LG tiles don't mix well with these tiles. 9/10

Here's my map. It's named Route 505
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
    Years
  • For some reason the tiles caught my attention.
    The map is pretty nice. I can't see any errors but like the other person said. FR & LG tiles don't mix well with these tiles. 9/10

Map Rating/Review Thread

The tree tiles are nice although i don't like the grass tiles. However this map reminds me ALOT of the first route in RSE. So for that I will give it a 6/10 because I think it needs more originality.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • For some reason the tiles caught my attention.

Map Rating/Review Thread

I like the trees, well placed, except near the middle, it just seems too small, as orinjmate said, it looks very like the first route from rse, infact that was the frst thing that poped into my mind. The flowers stand out a bit nothing annoying tho they look good, the bushes look like rocks with moss, unless thats what they're .-. 7/10

Years
  • Been a while since i posted a map here

Banjora Marxville's ROMbase again..
    Spoiler:

I basically reworked mossdeep city...
    Rating: 3/10
    No.. Just no. Some of the places are squareish, there's FOUR tile errors, and WTF? Why are trees growing out in clear water?
    Work on your mapping a lot. Squareish= Bad map. Tile errors= Bad map. And there's two tile errors on the beach, and two on the north-eastern side of the city.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • 'blaziquaza' said:
    WTF? Why are trees growing out in clear water?
    Work on your mapping a lot. Squareish= Bad map.

wow, this is why i havent posted on here a for a while... I understand theres a couple of tile errors especially in the top right corner but..
    Firstly the trees are MEANT to be like that, ever seen Mossdeep?

Secondly, how is it square?
    I think someone here is coming up with excuses to mark maps down...
    Spoiler:

okay i fixed the tile errors..

but HOW in ARCEUS'S NAME is it SQUARE?!?!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I don't see how it's square either. well, someone sure is blind

But, uhm, that's not how you use the trees. You put them on shallow water - you know, that light-blue stuff you can walk on.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I don't see how it's square either. well, someone sure is blind

But, uhm, that's not how you use the trees. You put them on shallow water - you know, that light-blue stuff you can walk on.

i know what shallow water is, :/ but those tiles had the regular water beckground. there were others with the shallow water.

I think its supposed to be a mangrove tree if you know what they are..

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Resultz said:

This is a nice map, but I feel like there are a few issues that need to be sorted out.

The right-hand side path from the Pokemon Centre to the Gym isn't really needed - unless you have an event there or something, there is absolutely nothing of relevence.

Your flower placing could be better as single patches of flowers look pretty lonely. The left-most house is also pretty lonely (does it hide the leper of pseudo-Mossdeep)... D:

The mangroves in the water are technically incorrect, even if you are quoting Mossdeep. As you can see here, the mangroves are in the lighter coloured shoals which can be walked on, which is quite different to the deep-water tiles you are using. I'd also bring some the mangroves (like the top-left most one) closer to land in order to re-enforce the idea that they are in shallow water.

Your ideas behind this map are solid and you've made a nice map, but those are the three main issues that I can see. I'd say that this is around 7/10 if you want everything to be summed up in a soulless number :3

Blaziquaza said:
    No.. Just no.Some of the places are squarish

This map is no way near qualified to be called 'squarish'.

EDIT: Beaten about the trees and squareness :x

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
    Years
  • This was the very first map for my old hack.
    Credits to Alexmad for the Mountain and bridge tiles and Ligther zein for everything else.
    Inserted and mapped by me!!
    (please dont rate the pals co i know their bright!

Map Rating/Review Thread

----------
    ~Fury
    ----------

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • This is a nice map, but I feel like there are a few issues that need to be sorted out.

The right-hand side path from the Pokemon Centre to the Gym isn't really needed - unless you have an event there or something, there is absolutely nothing of relevence. there would be an event there if it was on a hack, but that path started out as the only path between the two areas, but that would just be annoying, so i made a second.. As it happens, this is just practise for my hack..

Your flower placing could be better as single patches of flowers look pretty lonely. The left-most house is also pretty lonely (does it hide the leper of pseudo-Mossdeep)... D: (the desired effect is that the entire west side of the map is lonely, as that house does infact hide a leper is abandoned.

The mangroves in the water are technically incorrect, even if you are quoting Mossdeep. As you can see here, the mangroves are in the lighter coloured shoals which can be walked on, which is quite different to the deep-water tiles you are using. (I dont know why those tiles are there then... but there isnt any shallow at the foot of the cliff) I'd also bring some the mangroves (like the top-left most one) closer to land in order to re-enforce the idea that they are in shallow water.

Your ideas behind this map are solid and you've made a nice map, but those are the three main issues that I can see. I'd say that this is around 7/10 if you want everything to be summed up in a soulless number :3

This map is no way near qualified to be called 'squarish'.

EDIT: Beaten about the trees and squareness :x

thanks for that.
    At least someone agrees with me..

Years

• wow, this is why i havent posted on here a for a while... I understand theres a couple of tile errors especially in the top right corner but..
    Firstly the trees are MEANT to be like that, ever seen Mossdeep?

Secondly, how is it square?
    I think someone here is coming up with excuses to mark maps down...
    Spoiler:

okay i fixed the tile errors..

but HOW in ARCEUS'S NAME is it SQUARE?!?!
    Well, there's the shallow water in the Atlantic Ocean, Bermuda Triangle anbody? the middle of the town that's square, with 3 rocks. Then in some places the path's a bit square. that's all I meant by square. But why is there a lone little path Taking you to Imaginationland behind the abandoned house? And, another thing? WTF? No Space Center? D:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    This was the very first map for my old hack.
    Credits to Alexmad for the Mountain and bridge tiles and Ligther zein for everything else.
    Inserted and mapped by me!!
    (please dont rate the pals co i know their bright!

Map Rating/Review Thread

----------
    ~Fury
    ----------
    Very Excellent map. Tree placement is excellent. One of the best maps I've seen in a while. The only thing I would say is why did you block off the player at the top right corner. There are stairs but it's inaccesible
    9/10

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
    Years
  • Very Excellent map. Tree placement is excellent. One of the best maps I've seen in a while. The only thing I would say is why did you block off the player at the top right corner. There are stairs but it's inaccesible
    9/10

The reason why its unaccessable is because there was suposed to be a Setmaptile script later on in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back