• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marijuana

Years
    Never tried weed, probably never will. Not as long as it's illegal, anyway. :/

Even if it were I don't know if I'd try, though, because smoking anything just doesn't appeal to me. I just don't want to try it out. *shrugs*

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I haven't smoked it. I don't really want to but I don't really care if I do either. Marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes so I might try it. I don't like smoking nor do I generally like smokers so I have mixed feelings for it. I don't really see much against cannabis use, it seems to cause a whole lot less drama than tobacco does so it is ironic that cigarettes are legal and marijuana isn't (in some areas).

Years
    I have tried weed before, but it didn't to much to me. It effects people rather differently and depending on the quality of it as well. As for will I smoke it again? I doubt I will; I don't get much of a kick from drugs or the idea of them, so most likely not.

Weed is one of those controversial drugs that you can't get addicted to like other substances, but it is still banned; hell, cigarettes are more addictive and worse for you than weed.

Currently in the UK, there is a interesting debate going on between the government and MS (Multiple Sclerosis) patients, as smoking weed DOES help them with their symptoms. It will be interesting to see where it goes...​

Years
    Never have done and never will do.
    I want to keep my lungs clean thanks, but if you wanna smoke it go ahead. just don't come near me till you've scrubbed the smell out of you.
    It seriously makes me gag ¬.¬

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I never have smoked it, and hopefully I never will. It may make me feel happy, but I'd rather feel happy without the use of external substances. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've never done weed, no. I'm not fond of the smell and don't see a reason for me to try it any time soon, but I'm not judgmental of people who do smoke. It's a personal choice.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Most of my friends smoke weed, but I see no real point to it. Like, I get why people would do it and I understand it's not as bad as alcohol, etc etc but it's not my thing. I don't judge it if people do it and all I want in return is respecting the fact that I don't.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    No, I don't smoke weed. I've looked up the effects of marijuana on the human body, and they're really not pleasant at all, even though it's one of the least harmful drugs, less harmful than tobacco cigarettes, even. It's also illegal where I live, anyway.

I never have smoked marijuana, and I probably never will.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I haven't and I never will. I'm against any sort of smoking, and while personally, I do judge people negatively who do -- don't hold it against me, kay? It's just who I am and how I see things, I won't tell the people, though. It's like with smoking, the way I grew up... I just see it as a bad thing and I always will, which goes for any type of drug really. Sorry if that offends anyone, though. And don't say I'm close minded either, it's how I see it.

Infact, if it were a perfect world, to me, nobody would do drugs, or smoke, because it's just wrong to me -- again, my opinion.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm really sensitive to smoke so I can't see myself smoking anything. But since I don't like the smell of weed at all (it makes me feel sick), I just don't see myself consuming marijuana anyway.

I can see the appeal in it, though. :/ I take prescription painkillers from time to time and I know the high can be really awesome (and not just because it takes pain away, haha), so even a very toned down version of that with fewer consequences would be something I can understand. I just wish the smell weren't so obvious. :P

Years
    A friend of mine was cured from cancer, so he got us bit. Was a blast. We added a couple of girls and it was squirty.

Nah seriously, I'm low and staying like that thank you very much.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Do you guys smoke weed? Have you? Will you?

Chances are I've been forced to breath it second hand at some point or another. (It counts, as far as I'm concerned.) Yet, I've never done it first hand and never intend to start.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I haven't and I never will. I'm against any sort of smoking, and while personally, I do judge people negatively who do -- don't hold it against me, kay? It's just who I am and how I see things, I won't tell the people, though. It's like with smoking, the way I grew up... I just see it as a bad thing and I always will, which goes for any type of drug really. Sorry if that offends anyone, though. And don't say I'm close minded either, it's how I see it.

Infact, if it were a perfect world, to me, nobody would do drugs, or smoke, because it's just wrong to me -- again, my opinion.

Lol. Nica, even if I wasn't an avid pot smoker, you just said something that literally fuels all feuding: "I judge, but don't hold it against me."

Um. What.

You hold something against me, but I'm supposed to just let that go? Oh sure, yeah you can think of me negatively for doing something I personally find very little flaws in (albeit marijuana smoking is not all fine and dandy), but I can't think of you negatively for that? No, sorry. I'm only going to hold it against you.

Jesus, and the worst is that you say you don't tell people, yet you clearly outed it right here. At least stand up for your damn beliefs. If you judge me, then judge all potheads everywhere why don't you? And not just in your mind, say it out loud. But you don't want to, because you know judging is bad. I'm judging you right now for openly judging people because clearly judging is just another part of your life in Nicaland. In reality, I try to judge as little as possible and give people the benefit of the doubt that whatever it is they choose to do, they find some sort of reasoning for and I may also be able to find reasoning in it as well.

I can understand you see smoking as bad. Many, many people do. But don't judge people for it. Cigarette smokers smoke for whatever reason it may be: perhaps they need stress relief; perhaps they adore the head rush; whatever it is, if they can give a valid explanation, it is in no way yours, or mine, or anyone's place to judge. But the fact that you see smoking as bad simply stops you from smoking, and that's all it will do. No matter what you think. So stop thinking of people who smoke negatively, be it cigarettes, sheesha, or marijuana. Because chances are, the person who smokes it finds some sort of enjoyment in it. The exception is cigarettes, where addiction is a large factor, and I understand that. But my point remains.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lol. Nica, even if I wasn't an avid pot smoker, you just said something that literally fuels all feuding: "I judge, but don't hold it against me."

Um. What.

You hold something against me, but I'm supposed to just let that go? Oh sure, yeah you can think of me negatively for doing something I personally find very little flaws in (albeit marijuana smoking is not all fine and dandy), but I can't think of you negatively for that? No, sorry. I'm only going to hold it against you.

Jesus, and the worst is that you say you don't tell people, yet you clearly outed it right here. At least stand up for your damn beliefs. If you judge me, then judge all potheads everywhere why don't you? And not just in your mind, say it out loud. But you don't want to, because you know judging is bad. I'm judging you right now for openly judging people because clearly judging is just another part of your life in Nicaland. In reality, I try to judge as little as possible and give people the benefit of the doubt that whatever it is they choose to do, they find some sort of reasoning for and I may also be able to find reasoning in it as well.

I can understand you see smoking as bad. Many, many people do. But don't judge people for it. Cigarette smokers smoke for whatever reason it may be: perhaps they need stress relief; perhaps they adore the head rush; whatever it is, if they can give a valid explanation, it is in no way yours, or mine, or anyone's place to judge. But the fact that you see smoking as bad simply stops you from smoking, and that's all it will do. No matter what you think. So stop thinking of people who smoke negatively, be it cigarettes, sheesha, or marijuana. Because chances are, the person who smokes it finds some sort of enjoyment in it. The exception is cigarettes, where addiction is a large factor, and I understand that. But my point remains.

(This is allowed in OVP right?)

Thing is, society makes judging others seem wrong, whereas really, judging others is just an extension of our own personal opinion - which is why I afraid to state my views because hey, people are most likely to jump on me for it. And please don't say that you don't judge people - everyone does, because it's human nature. At some point in everyone's life, they are eventually judging someone, whether for something you saw someone do on the news, or someone you knew personally that did something you didn't feel was right.

It's like, say, you saw a girl wearing a purple top and all your life you thought wearing purple was wrong for some reason (idk), would you go tell them "you're wearing a purple top I hate you you're the worst person ever" or would you just keep that in your head and think "wearing purple is wrong, so I'm not very happy by their choice of shirt but hey I can't do anything about it", which is the kinda mindset I have about marijuana. I can't really entirely explain why I see it as wrong, because I have a feeling it has something to do with religious beliefs. I don't care if they find enjoyment in it, they can if they want, but as a person, I don't think it's that beneficial to how they're seen in the afterlife, or how they are viewed from a higher power. Yes, sure it's an opinion, but I'm not going to change it. Some opinions I can change through being convinced and such, but personally, I do believe that those who do either are doing the wrong thing, but I'm personally not going to go up to every single person and say "quit quit quit quit" etc.

I'm entitled to my beliefs and you're entitled to yours, doesn't make either right, but it's just how I see it. Laugh at me all you want for my views, I don't really care, those are my views and instead of hiding that I do judge people for doing such things, at least I've put it out somewhere. And by the hold it against me part, I meant that it's not the only thing you should think of, or the defining thing in how you see me. Maybe my first post didn't explain enough, but by no means am I personally saying there's an issue with those that choose to, I just think it's not what they should've done and judge them in the sense of "and now they have to put up with those consequences for the rest of their lives".

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I never have and never will. I don't have anything against the people that do, but I just can't ever see myself doing something like that because I couldn't get myself to do so, let alone because my dad would beat the hell out of me if he ever found out I did. :(

I dunno what's exactly wrong with it, though. If people want to do it it's fine with me. They can accept whatever consequences come with that action.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've never smoked anything, including marijuana. Smoking is unhealthy for not only you, but also the people around you, and I'm really sensitive to smoke, so I would never smoke anything. And being high doesn't sound appealing at all to me even if I were willing to smoke.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022

(This is allowed in OVP right?)

Thing is, society makes judging others seem wrong, whereas really, judging others is just an extension of our own personal opinion - which is why I afraid to state my views because hey, people are most likely to jump on me for it. And please don't say that you don't judge people - everyone does, because it's human nature. At some point in everyone's life, they are eventually judging someone, whether for something you saw someone do on the news, or someone you knew personally that did something you didn't feel was right.

It's like, say, you saw a girl wearing a purple top and all your life you thought wearing purple was wrong for some reason (idk), would you go tell them "you're wearing a purple top I hate you you're the worst person ever" or would you just keep that in your head and think "wearing purple is wrong, so I'm not very happy by their choice of shirt but hey I can't do anything about it", which is the kinda mindset I have about marijuana. I can't really entirely explain why I see it as wrong, because I have a feeling it has something to do with religious beliefs. I don't care if they find enjoyment in it, they can if they want, but as a person, I don't think it's that beneficial to how they're seen in the afterlife, or how they are viewed from a higher power. Yes, sure it's an opinion, but I'm not going to change it. Some opinions I can change through being convinced and such, but personally, I do believe that those who do either are doing the wrong thing, but I'm personally not going to go up to every single person and say "quit quit quit quit" etc.

I'm entitled to my beliefs and you're entitled to yours, doesn't make either right, but it's just how I see it. Laugh at me all you want for my views, I don't really care, those are my views and instead of hiding that I do judge people for doing such things, at least I've put it out somewhere. And by the hold it against me part, I meant that it's not the only thing you should think of, or the defining thing in how you see me. Maybe my first post didn't explain enough, but by no means am I personally saying there's an issue with those that choose to, I just think it's not what they should've done and judge them in the sense of "and now they have to put up with those consequences for the rest of their lives".

Society makes judging people seem wrong simply because it is wrong. It may be an extension of our opinion, but our opinion has absolutely no base, and therefore is moot. Judging someone is making assumptions based on the way they look, the things they do or say, or on stereotypes revolving around their genre. And I'd just like to point out that I never said I don't judge, I said I try my hardest to judge as little as possible, or disregard any prejudice that may come into my mind.

If I was morally against wearing purple, and I saw someone wearing purple, I would not judge them. By her wearing purple, it's clear to me that she has a different set of morals than I do, and hers do not include the forbidding of wearing purple for whatever reason it may be. And that's something that I have to respect. I will not judge someone as moronic or idiotic for having a different set of morals than me. If I were to go up to her with the intention of filling her in on my own point of view on the colour purple, I would not say "I hate you for wearing purple, you're retarded to wear it!" I would rather say "I'd like to know why it is you wear purple, as to me it is against my morals and opinions about life." If the girl can give me a straight answer, even if I do not agree, I will respect her choice. But only if the answer is straight. Unfortunately a purple shirt is a tough example to imagine a straight answer for, but if it were instead on the topic of nuclear energy, for example, and she had different beliefs than I did, and her beliefs were more than just "idk i tihnk its alright........." then what right have I to judge her?

Even better than that would be meeting someone who was open to debate about her point of view and we could discuss whether nuclear energy is the right choice for mankind going forward.

Yes, you're entitled to your beliefs. But just as you are the girl wearing the purple shirt in this particular conversation, I'm opening my beliefs to you and we're clearly having a conversation about why it is you love wearing purple whereas I find it blasphemous. I'm just giving you my side of the story. It's just that when you make a claim like "I judge people, but don't judge me for it" you're kind of overstepping a boundary there, and something has to be said.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    Since weed actually eliminates my suicidal thoughts unlike the dozens of prescription drugs I've sampled, I smoke it every day. If I don't smoke, I get extremely agitated and prone to throwing things.

Probably not in my best interest to be pseudo-addicted to it, but I much prefer this to my sober mind.

I have a Roserade nicknamed Cannabud. :)

Back