• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or: how to ruin a friendship before Smash even comes out (title subject to change)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • css is for nubs
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or: how to ruin a friendship before Smash even comes out (title subject to change)

1st Annual Achromatic Memorial*

PokéCommunity Get Together

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Event of Doom

*Disclaimer: user Achromatic is not actually dead. He just requested I call it this.

--------------------------------------------

Greetings, Alolan PokéCommunity! I'm Spirit Shackle, but you can call me ddrox13.
    I'll be hosting some SUPER FUN AND NON-VIOLENT Mario Kart 8 races this GT! Everyone is welcome to join in the fun!**
    **Unfortunately, "joining in the fun" in this instance requires both a Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

The Plan™

Want to join us and earn some points for your team? Great! I was going to make you do it anyway. But here's how:

1. Go on your Switch (this is the easy part)
    2. Click on your profile picture in the top corner, then scroll down to "add friends"
    3. Select "Add via Friend Code" and type in my FC: SW-
    4. Post in this thread with your profile name and time zone

Then, keep checking this thread for announcements about race times!

When a race DOES happen...

1. Open Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    2. Select "Online Play"
    3. Select "Friends"
    4. Select "ddrox13". If this is not an option, I'm either not online or you did something in part A wrong.
    5. Post in here to say you joined us. Mostly so that I can give you points later.
    6. Wait until we get started!

And a few other notes that are VERY IMPORTANT:

When Cheep Cheep Beach is an option, you MUST choose it. Failing to do so will bring shame upon you and The PokeCommunity
    200CC is dumb, we're doing 150.
    Battles may or may not happen at my discretion
    Neo Bowser City is the worst course, all results on it are invalid (jk).
    If you play Morton you're a terrible person

The Points™

Points are awarded first and foremost for participation. Joining one of our race sessions earns you X points for your team! I'll also be keeping track of which team wins the most, and that team will be getting Y bonus points (a smaller number will be given to the 2nd and 3rd place teams) at the end!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or: how to ruin a friendship before Smash even comes out (title subject to change)

https://twitter.com/ddrox13/status/1013555980703956992

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Given your post in the other thread got an ok on the points distribution, this looks good to me!

Back