• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart Wii

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • The 3DS one isn't even out yet...

._.

uhm, anyway, Mario Kart is great. It's a staple on any Nintendo console and it's always great. MKWii is no exception, although I personally preferred Mario Kart DS.

Last edited:

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
  • The online is pretty good, but the amount of hackers, ragequitters and time-trial cheaters on it is unbelievable.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • On occasion I'll play some online with friends. We'll usually be on mumble (if you don't know what that is, think like Skype/Ventrillio but less strain on your comp for gaming/better) while we play, making a "Bro pack" to not firing items on each other and just go after the many other players.

I'm hoping the 3DS' Mario Kart will have just as good or better online playing experience as well. I look forward to giving it a go whenever it comes out

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like the game it is fun and fun to play online.

I still play it every once in a while.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can't prefer a game that hasn't been release yet, can I? Mario Kart 64 was the first N64 game I played (and owned) actually, so Mario Kart always has a place in my heart<3 But I enjoy the Wii version! I don't own it, but my cousin does and it was sooo fun. :) Mario Kart 64 will always be my favorite though, haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never had Mario Kart Wii, but I did play with my younger cousin's copy. It was a fun game, and I was happy that Delfino Square and Yoshi Falls (from the DS version) are in it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Mario Kart Wii is one of the better ones. I the DS version is better, but mostly because of how wide the track is on Wii to accommodate all the racers. It's too busy.

It's a million times better than Double Dash

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Super MK, MK64 and Double Dash are the best ones by a long stretch.

Had some fun times on both DS and Wii, but I never properly owned MKDS.. and MKWii is just..Broken.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I used to play this game a lot, I don't play it much anymore but I play it when my friends want to.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • One word: Balance. The items in Mario Kart aren't always the most balanced, but Nintendo was just pushing it. It's no fun being in first. If you're any good, you won't be having much fun. All in all, the worst Mario Kart in the series.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I haven't bothered picking this up because of the balance issues I've heard of so I'll stick to Super Circuit in all it's Blue Shell lacking glory.

Years
  • I haven't bothered picking this up because of the balance issues I've heard of so I'll stick to Super Circuit in all it's Blue Shell lacking glory.

Well the randomness has very little effect when doing large Gp's. In fact, having luck factor into a game is a critical part of it being successful competitively. It adds an element of unpredictability which in turn causes more in game situations for players to deal with. In team based racing the best teams absolutely crush the weaker ones, and do it consistently too.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Oh yeah!
    Mario Kart Wii still rocks!

And I'm even more excited for the 3DS version!

Back