• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marriage

Ayselipera

I don't care about getting married. If you're in love with someone and living with them long term then to me that's nearly the same as being married it's just not "official" and I wouldn't care to make it official. I'd consider it though if I was proposed to and I truly loved them and I didn't have any doubts.

Arctic Eclipse

Superstar
    Years
    I am currently not married but it is something I plan to do in my future. I'm currently 15 so I consider a good age to start considering marriage to be at around 22-25 years old when I can support myself well and hold on to the commitment with the girl I love.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm not married but I plan to be. Its not necessarily the belief that "oh if you're married you're bound to commitment" at all.. in fact, it's the opposite, really. A relationship should be stable without the need of marriage.
    But marriage I just see as a celebration that people are embracing being together and want to share that with loved ones. Also marriage can help with legalities and moving house/home and/or countries. I see it as a benefit in society and a nice way to show each other that you care.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    No, I'm not married. I'm only 21 years old and I think it's highly unlikely that anybody would have found the person they are going to spend the rest of their life with by this age. Not impossible, but unlikely lol. I would really love to be married one day. Partially because I really want to share that kind of relationship with somebody and have that kind of loving partnership, and partially because I want to use my parents' relationship as like a "what not to do" sort of thing to make my marriage perfect :3

One thing I can't stand about marriage is the people who are against it. I'm talking about those who are all "I don't need a piece of paper to prove my love to someone." That is the exact kind of hippie flower child crap for which I have zero patience. Marriage is vital in society. There are about a thousand rights you get to each other's lives that that "piece of paper" stands for. It allows you legal access to each other that you will need if you wish to share that kind of commitment with another person.

As to whether marriage is good... I'm not really sure what that question is asking, but no, there shouldn't be more restrictions. If anything there should be less restrictions on marriage. As it stands, even though I want to get married I can't, simply because women are not my thing. That's not fair, and it's not good enough anymore.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    One thing I can't stand about marriage is the people who are against it. I'm talking about those who are all "I don't need a piece of paper to prove my love to someone." That is the exact kind of hippie flower child crap for which I have zero patience. Marriage is vital in society. There are about a thousand rights you get to each other's lives that that "piece of paper" stands for. It allows you legal access to each other that you will need if you wish to share that kind of commitment with another person.
    not everyone lives in the same country with the same crazy laws. The thing I hear the most is how "oh if they're in hospital you can only visit them if you're married" which isn't the case here. The rest is mostly financial crap which definitely isn't vital and will royally mess you up if you get divorced. I'd much rather be in control of my own finances and my own life, regardless of how much I profess to love somebody; marriage is basically trusting someone not to totally **** up your life, because as soon as you do get married you partner is capable of doing that if the relationship ever ends.

Last edited:

WhiteExterior

Back from Beyond
    Years
    I'm not married yet, no, but I'm only 18 and considering this is the 21st century, I'm a bit young for marriage. XD

But I would like to get married. The problem is being bisexual, if I ever wanted to be married to another woman, where I come from, that sort of marriage is technically illegal. Fortunately I have more of a preference for men, I'm just saying, if I did go for a gal, it's not like I could get married anyways. (But I'm not going to argue gay rights, because that's sort of not the point of this thread XD)

I do think marriage is a good thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a commitment to someone. Sometimes I think it's a bit too easy to get married, however. Where I live, young people get married all the time, and the divorce rate here is, well...let's just say that most children growing up, myself included, has a broken family because of it. However, this is a very controversial issue and although I think marriage is a bit too easy for some people to get...and often abused...there's really nothing we can do about it.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Are you married?
    No.

If you are, do you like it? How long have you been married?
    N/A.

If you aren't, why? Are you too young or don't want to or something?
    I'm getting married soon. :P

Marriage - Do you think its good? Should there be more restrictions?
    I think marriage can be a good thing. Two people who love each other and want to start a family should go ahead and do that.
    I don't think there should be restrictions on marriage. Maybe age, but that's about it.
    16 is too young for marriage in my opinion.
    But then again, in India they have children marriages where they wed the kids and wait until they are both 16+ to let them live together.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I definitely want to find someone who I can spend my life with, but whether or not we're married is irrelevant to me. If he wants to marry me, I certainly won't oppose it; but if we're both cool with having a committed relationship without the big ceremony, I'm fine with that as well. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper, haha.

That said, I'm only 19-going-on-20 and I don't even have a boyfriend. And even if I did, I certainly don't feel ready for that sort of commitment, whether or not we're married. It's a big decision that I wouldn't be ready to make at this point in my life. I'm still young, I've got time to worry about that later.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    still too young to be married. at sixteen, we are not yet even legal to vote. LOL. and I have no problems with that. If I am going to be married, I need first to have a really stable source of income and such to support my family.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not married yet, and I haven't really been active on the dating scene since my mind has totally been elsewhere. Plus I think having severe eczema over your entire body really takes away from your presentability in the dating world... and I've still yet to find that someone who embraces my idea of having a super-cheap wedding at a locale like an interstate rest stop or Citgo gas station...

Years
    I'm not married right now. Why? Im in college and I want to finish up before I get married. I also think I am too young, im only 19. There is plenty of time for marriage later on. I think getting married before the age of 21 is stupid.

Years
    I'm not married, because I'm only 19 and my boyfriend is like 2 years and half younger than me (he's still 16) so he's even more to young. I'm waiting to have at least a first child before deciding if I'm getting married or not, I don't want much to be married. Though if my boyfriend ask me, I will sure say yes. One thing which is sure, I don't want a religious wedding. My boyfriend asked me a few days ago if we get married if we can have a pokémon themed wedding. That would be amazing

Back