• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mass Effect 2 [Spoilers - Beware!]

Are you getting Mass Effect 2?

• Yes, I preordered it.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes, I'll get it when it come sout.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010

Mass Effect 2 [Spoilers - Beware!]

MASS EFFECT 2 OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Who preordered and whose going to get it? Discuss.

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
    I didn't preorder, but I'm going to get it. I've already completed Mass Effect (for the 360). My character was a Lv.41 Soldier when I finished, full Renegade and Paragon points. Also, in the game:

-I left Kaidan behind because Shepherd was in love with Ashley
    -I didn't kill Wrex
    -I got Saren to shoot himself when I faced him in the Citadel (saved me a really long drawn out battle)
    -I killed Fist...myself.
    -I got that one Turian guy on Noveria to confess (I also used the glitch for full Paragon and Renegade points. :3)

So....I think I'm set for Mass Effect 2. Too bad Ashley isn't in it. I would've kept her as a partner. I'll just go for that one bald chick. Boom chicka wah wah.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I'll definitely be getting this game. Maybe not the exact day it's released, but soon after. I really enjoyed the first one. Probably the only game where the silent protagonist isn't silent, if that makes any sense. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Beat the game a few hours ago ~ it's REALLY good! Was FemShep with a Romance with Kelly Chambers. It's quite short though; finished the first disk in about 16 hours and the second in about the same.
    (btw definitely import your ME1 save or you won't even see Ash ;_; [tho that's assuming you didn't leave her to die])

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Haven't preordered but I will probably get it. I liked Bioshock better than Mass Effect so I preordered that, Bioshock 2, instead.

Façade1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2010
    I can only assume the graphics are even nicer than the original? /me drools

Does anyone know the average play time?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Took me about 35 hours to complete~
    Disk swapping is weird, too; Disk 1 for 1/4 of the game, then the MIDDLE 1/2 is Disk 2, and then back to Disk 1 for the remainder of the finale

Years
    I'll be getting it. Eventually.

I really like the Engineer in the first game. Sucks how it takes so long to get the skill usage scores. Especially the Tech ones. I'll eventually have an Engineer to import. Not sure whether I want to finish the first ME with an Engineer with Lift or Throw. Might switch to Infiltrator over the Engie.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    So I've ordered ME2 along with Dragon Age. Should arrive by the time I'm done with my exams.

Legion is the epitome of robot moe.
    Judging from trailers alone, it's a yandere, Shepard-obsessed mech with a gaping hole, right?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I just started playing yesterday and I think right now, I'm just before the last mission. (Not sure)

I didn't do all of the side quests, I'm just kinda speeding through it. I plan on getting more in-depth next playthrough. I actually didn't like the first one, I only got about 10 hours in. So because of that a lot of the stuff going on in this story confuses me, but the game is still really fun and addicting.

Beat the game a few hours ago ~ it's REALLY good! Was FemShep with a Romance with Kelly Chambers. It's quite short though; finished the first disk in about 16 hours and the second in about the same.
    (btw definitely import your ME1 save or you won't even see Ash ;_; [tho that's assuming you didn't leave her to die])
    I didn't import anything from ME1 and I saw her at the colony.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    ME2 looks alot more fun than ME1.
    Don't get me wrong, ME1's a great game, I just find it hard to get into.
    I probably will pick this up, but not until I've beaten the original.

Years
    I finished my first playthrough of the game, as a male Paragon, over the weekend and I'm currently working on a second playthrough as a female Renegade.
    Took me about 35 hours to complete~
    Disk swapping is weird, too; Disk 1 for 1/4 of the game, then the MIDDLE 1/2 is Disk 2, and then back to Disk 1 for the remainder of the finale
    It was stated by a BioWare employee that they did that so the player wouldn't have to swap discs when they visited different areas in the game.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Good game. There are some annoying glitches though. :/ I really hope you'll be able to finally see Earth in the third one. Also, a new DLC character is coming soon as well. Hopefully we can actually converse with her unlike Zaeed.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Is it me or was ME2 alot shorter then ME1 was?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Just finished my first playthrough. And man, oh, man...not the ending I wanted. XD

Spoiler:

Planning to start the first game up again and begin my Renegade storyline. I played Paragon the first time, entirely, so now it's time to be bad. :)

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I know the perfect way to survive for the achievement keeping your teammates alive, I had everyone loyal the first play though and was sad I didn't save them all, now on Insanity I will get them all Loyal. REALLY SAD THAT YOU CANNOT CHANGE CLASSES USING AN IMPORTED ME2 CHARACTER YOU BEAT THE GAME WITH!

DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON UNLESS YOU ARE DONE WITH THE GAME AND MISSED IT OR YOU DON'T CARE, YOU WERE WARNED!
    Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure I got it all, but if I missed something let me know

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Thane was going to die either way. :b Didn't he have a terminal disease or am I thinking someone else?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Yeah, but still. It affects what happens in ME3, which kinda bothers me. XD; I was hoping to see him there. But...maybe during my Renegade storyline, I'll find a way to save everyone. Even though I will want to carry over my Paragon Shepard before I'd bring over my Renegade one.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yeah, but still. It affects what happens in ME3, which kinda bothers me. XD; I was hoping to see him there. But...maybe during my Renegade storyline, I'll find a way to save everyone. Even though I will want to carry over my Paragon Shepard before I'd bring over my Renegade one.

I just told you how to save everyone lol

Back