• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
  • Kyledove, I'm really concerned about some of what Ive seen here. I've been looking around for a good pokemon MMO for a loong time and yours looks good, not bashing it or anything. BUT I came on here to show you a strange thing......

YOUR GAME
    fc03.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/162/5/9/What_you_wish__ah_forget_it_v2_by_Kymotonian.png

PWO
    pokemonworldonline.net/images/Teaser1.jpg

The forum won't let me do it right-but you get the idea. Somone deserves an apology.....
    That IS quite strange, but it's not something to get all worked up about. I believe that there is no copyright infringement involved (for all we know, Kyledove, or whoever designed the menu, could have borrowed the menu style from PWO).

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    The programmer from PWO who designed the HUD left PWO and started this project up with me, which is why we have the similar HUD.

Waudby

that makes a lot of sense, I can see very clear differences in it anyway, like the.

Any other news for us Kyle? Do you have any sort of graphical update to please us? :P

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I have a suggestion, perhaps you could incorporate a "Move Generator" IE you go to a certain building, pay some money and choose the type of move it is, which pokemon to teach it to and some other things. A basic move maker that costs ingame money would be a great way. I'd also like to play a game where everyone's Pokemon are different IE they dont all have the same moves at each level and things like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    Like i said before, totally love this. Hope it allgoes well, and i will re-iterate my idea.
    Have a home maker, or town maker.
    These things cost in game money and you can put things into your town such as houses ect and you can add special extra's for real money.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    The maps in this game are beautifully done, I must say. There's an obvious amount of effort and attention to detail. I'm kind of at a loss for words about how well put together this game is, although I hate to be the person who mindlessly complements.

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Like i said before, totally love this. Hope it allgoes well, and i will re-iterate my idea.
    Have a home maker, or town maker.
    These things cost in game money and you can put things into your town such as houses ect and you can add special extra's for real money.

he cant charge real money because then he would be making money from someone elses copyright

then he might get sued

then the game shuts down
    we dont want that to happen

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    He's not putting in any existing Pokémon, and he said he's going to change the name. If you look at the screenshots, the Pokéballs have been renamed too. As such, he's not using any copyrighted material.

However, the concept of the game is very similar to Pokémon. I suppose there's a lot of similar games already out there (Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, for one), so that might not be a problem.

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    I'm gonna have to get this once it's released; this looks quite promising.

Will this be tied in with the Pokemon canon or...?

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    It's Christmas, he's most likely celebrating with his family? Patience is a virtue.

Years
  • where is Kyledove? We need to know what is happening with the game

You need to know ?
    I think you want to know what happening with the game.
    Well if Kyledove ain't showing hisself here, he's maybe celebrating with family or doing other stuff.
    Or maybe working on the game, dont worry so much -,-

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    will we get an update soon?
    i cant wait for this game!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back