• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Master Ball..

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    Hi, I'm currently playing pokemon gold, and there are few question:

1) On which pokemon should I use with Master ball? Lugia, Ho-oh or other?

2) Did the Rare pokemon Lugia & Ho-oh have limited PP? I fought with them for hours... Its seem like they have UNLIMITED...

3) Is Ultra ball or [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Great ball more suitable to catch [/SIZE][/FONT]Lugia & Ho-oh?

*mod,pls move it to the correct section in case I'm posting in wrong place

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Don't use your masterball on Lugia or Ho-Oh unless you know how to clone them, only catch Ho-Oh with an ultra ball or master ball(only if you can clone) otherwise it won't carry the sacred ash, yea it does seem like they have unlimited pp but when I fought them, they eventually stopped using recover

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I was able to catch both Lugia and Ho-ho with Ultra balls, It took a long long time but I was finally able to do it.

I would suggest using it on Entei or Raikou,

I was able to capture Suicune with an ultra ball after it was alseep and down to like one hp

Years
    To answer your question about PP (for Gold version):

Ho-oh lv. 40
    Sacred Fire 5 PP
    Safeguard 25 PP
    Gust 40 PP
    Recover 20 PP
    Total 90 PP

Lugia lv. 70:
    Recover 20 PP
    Hydro Pump 5 PP
    Rain Dance 5 PP
    Swift 20 PP
    Total 50 PP

So, no, they don't have unlimited PP. Just a lot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They are stationary Pokemon so just get them into red health and inflict a status ailment then spam Ultras. And really, if you're fighting for hours, you or your team seriously sucks.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Inflict any status aliment that doesn't take down any health, and use lot's of Ultra Balls.

Save the Master Ball for one of the legendary dogs.
    Basically what everyone else said...

MLU

Returning Tradesman
    Years
    It is much easier to catch it using ultra balls and the feeling of accomplishing it. I would just use the master ball on the last legendary dog you catch.

You'll catch them all eventually. ;)

Ayselipera

Just use Ultra and Great balls to catch Lugia and Ho-oh.
    Save your Master ball for one of the legendary dogs since they're so quick to flee.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    Thanks guys, I'll make second attempt today...

*Hopefully the game will not crash AGAIN, since I'm playing using mobile phone.. ='(

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I've still got my Master Ball on Silver, it's been stored away on my PC since I got it. I didn't use it to catch Lugia or Ho-Oh, so I guess i'm saving it for one of the legendary dogs.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The roaming legendaries are a must when it comes to a choice of a Masterball (unless if they're asleep or you used mean look), but yea you need to catch them for the most part with a masterball or else those cowards will run away

:t354:TG

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    The roaming legendaries are a must when it comes to a choice of a Masterball (unless if they're asleep or you used mean look), but yea you need to catch them for the most part with a masterball or else those cowards will run away

:t354:TG

That doesn't work since they just use roar on you instead

Years
    That doesn't work since they just use roar on you instead
    They won't Roar if they're asleep. :D

Ho-oh should be quite easy if it's Lv 40. The catch-rate decreases exponentially as the level increases. I'd go after Ho-oh, then 2 of the dogs. You'll then get to make the choice between the final dog or Lugia. Or you could just learn how to clone a pokemon holding the Master Ball. :D

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    ROFWL. This sounds untrue, but I caught Ho-Oh wit a Pokeball, and Lugia wit an Ultra ball. Not in the same game though but I was stunned. Save da master ball for Entei or Raikou. Sucicne can be caught wit Ultra np. :)

PS: If you can clone Items clone the Masterball. :).

Years
    Ho-oh should be easy for you to catch using an Ultra Ball since you're playing Pokemon Gold. I'd suggest saving your Master Ball for Lugia unless you have the intention of hunting down the Legendary Beasts also. Just don't forget to save before encountering Lugia if you don't want to use the Master Ball. xD

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Dont use the master ball on a legendary dog, just get a gastly with mean look to trap it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    1) Save it for one of the Legendary Dogs.
    2)No.
    3)The Ultra Ball is better, but you still need about 80 to catch Lugia/Ho-oh.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I'd just recommend you use the GS Cloning Glitch: saves you from buying Ultra, or any other kind of balls, and saves you time.

As jpp8 specified, they don't have unlimited PPs; they DO have plenty...

In case you don't use the Clone Glitch, the Ultra Ball is better suited or that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I've catched them in Pokéballs.
    Just keep attacking 'till recover run out of PP then lower it to 1 HP.
    Let is sleep, lower als stats to minium let it sleep again, throw a Pokéball.
    Then after like 20 pokéballs i catched him. ^^

Back