• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Masuda: Tomorrow's Pokémon Sun/Moon News Launching on YouTube

Years
  • I'll be at school when the video drops but I might have to sneak my phone out ;) It would be amazing if we get this video and then CoroCoro a couple of days later revealing a bit more information as well. Maybe my hopes are too high but Im so hyped xD

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I thought we did get Kalos' name with the XY trailer, but I honestly can't remember.

My final words, before I die I'm really looking forward to seeing the boxarts for the games. I've said it once before, but the logos to me are absolutely gorgeous and amoung my favorites so far, I can't wait to see the Pokemon mascots that will accompany them.

Years
  • I'm sure Sun & Moon are intending to be the most "beautiful" Pokemon games ever, so wouldn't be surprised if the boxart is glorious-looking if the little bit of it we saw in the last CoroCoro is to go by.

Years
  • I thought we did get Kalos' name with the XY trailer, but I honestly can't remember.

We didn't get the region name until the second trailer.

Personally I'm not expecting anything in particular, but I'm not going to rule something out just because "they never reveal (particular thing) at this time". Keeping expectations low is probably a good idea, but there really isn't any telling what will or will not be revealed tomorrow, especially given Game Freak's recent attempts at breaking away from any previous patterns.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The video they show can always just be this but with the Sun & Moon boxarts instead. Not that I want it to be, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than that.

Years
  • Unpredictability, aka Game Freak's new modus operandi. I could imagine them throwing us off and revealing something we didn't see coming, but those chances seem low considering we are overdue for some of the basic stuff.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Exciting!

It does seem like it could be a trailer similar to the one we got for X & Y. So that's about what I'm expecting now.

Selfie in a window? Window Pokemon confirmed!

It's actually a psychic type mobile phone pokemon that uses it's psychic powers to force people to take selfies with it and make duck faces.

EVIL.

Years
  • Perhaps they'll just ignore the games altogether and make a shipping announcement about the anime. That would just about please everyone.

I'm sure Sun & Moon are intending to be the most "beautiful" Pokemon games ever, so wouldn't be surprised if the boxart is glorious-looking if the little bit of it we saw in the last CoroCoro is to go by.
    They do try and promote each game as looking significantly better than the previous ones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well the box legends will be apprciated as well.. It's always fun to get to introduced to new Pokemon.

Years
  • Perhaps they'll just ignore the games altogether and make a shipping announcement about the anime. That would just about please everyone.

The games and anime are made by completely different art and writing teams, and I don't think anime stuff is ever announced on videos, usually only CoroCoro or TV Tokyo's site.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The video they show can always just be this but with the Sun & Moon boxarts instead. Not that I want it to be, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than that.
    It very well could be. I'm expecting something like the Volcanion video, and thosed used to introduce Mega Sableye and other megas and legends.

Btw, rewatching the trailer for OrAs I noticed that it has a heart beat like sound similar to the place in Origin cave where we first fight Groudon/Kyogre (and which is used in their remix of the weather trio music). Perhaps we'll get a hint to SM music/sounds.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • @ORandAS: Hey, you just reminded me of something. Remember that mechanical sound effect from SM that Masuda tweeted shortly after the games were announced? That'd be so awesome and creepy if they incorporated that into this video we're getting.

It's now about 12 hours left where I live. CAN'T BREATH.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It very well could be. I'm expecting something like the Volcanion video, and thosed used to introduce Mega Sableye and other megas and legends.

Btw, rewatching the trailer for OrAs I noticed that it has a heart beat like sound similar to the place in Origin cave where we first fight Groudon/Kyogre (and which is used in their remix of the weather trio music). Perhaps we'll get a hint to SM music/sounds.

I'm pretty sure those aren't heartbeats, just generic strong "whoosh" sounds to coincide with the text appearing on-screen. I wouldn't even expect any sound from this upcoming video, to be honest; maybe we'll get the series theme in the background but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a music sampling (as great as that would be).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Going to be fun to wake up to this video, whatever it is.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure those aren't heartbeats, just generic strong "whoosh" sounds to coincide with the text appearing on-screen. I wouldn't even expect any sound from this upcoming video, to be honest; maybe we'll get the series theme in the background but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a music sampling (as great as that would be).
    Whatever it is it's still the same or similar sound as that Primal scene, or at least to me it sounds like it.

Maybe we'll get some bell or other instrument playing during the trailer that will be incorporated into a theme. Usually the videos have some kind of sound, so either swoosh again, or something like the opening music used during XY's reveal.

Back