• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Mature" Pokemon

Should there be a "mature" version of the Pokemon anime?

• Yes

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
    I for one think a Pokemon anime that was just more shounen-like would be cool. It seems more like your everyday cartoon than an anime nowadays, I still love the old episodes because even they were a little more intense than the current ones. (Like, barely) Now, Pokemon anime with more action, some actual confrontation in which the main character is put in a tough situation. Like, i dunno, just more action-y and less "Hey Pikachu let's beat up bad guys without harming them in any way, shape, or form!!"

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    Well, I have something in mind...

I actually had an idea for a story, a short story, going back to the first movie and focusing partially on Mewtwo.

In the story, I felt the only way a mature Pokemon would make any sense is if you decided to either make the whole thing social commentary and/or morality tales. Anything less would be a waste of time.

To be honest, a mature Pokemon would have to mean a revisioning of the franchise. Or, more specifically, a revisioning of the universe. If you kept things the same way they are now, it would be a mess.

I actually planned to write the story and post it up on the internet somewhere free to read, but I guess I've found a place here.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    A sex scene or extremely violent showdown between two Pokemons? Hm, that sounds like the Pokemon manga. To be honest, I would love to watch a more "mature" version of the Pokemon anime. It doesn't have to include violence and sex. They could just show an Arbok being decapitated in half earlier on to show how mature the show really is. Besides, I love anime girls with big breasts

Cartoon Network could show the "child" version in the morning and the "mature" version late at night, eh?

'Cartoon network show a mature version'?
    That's an oxymoron as Cartoon Network isn't for mature people.

There just isn't enough people between the ages of 15 + who are still intersted in Pokemon to be worth developing a new series for. I mean most people in that age bracket do not follow it any more and so a large remarketing campaign would have to carried out, which IMO would not be fruitful as Pokemon has developed a reputation now of being Childish and so teenagers would not want to associate themselves with it.

It'd be a waste of time and it could potentially affect the existing series and resources may be pulled to support it.

So, No from me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back