• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mauville & New Mauville Discussion & Speculation thread

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • New Maulville was originally supposed to be a bomb shelter and it failed because the cold war ended. Jk. But it could of been as a use for hideout of a dreak he had of a KyoGro battle

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't know what they would put in there. I mean, we know the games aren't sequels and NM is an electrical plant; there isn't a whole lot possible other than items and Pokemon since nobody is living there. Before Pokemon Bank, I would say there could be a Poketransfer system there, but now I got nothing, haha.

Maybe you could add a system that can transfer Pokes from XY to ORAS and back without using PokeBank and not waste money? Either they make the system free on PokeBank or they implement an ingame system. Either way, I hope it happens :)

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • Perhaps they might do a gym revamp similar to Elesa in B2W2 with the new gym in New Mauville and the old one still accessible in the old Mauville. New Mauville would probably be slightly developed though it depends how far in the future the game is set in. Mega stones for Manectric could be found here too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Maybe you could add a system that can transfer Pokes from XY to ORAS and back without using PokeBank and not waste money? Either they make the system free on PokeBank or they implement an ingame system. Either way, I hope it happens :)

To be really honest, I expect that the trading system will work throughout since it only requires friend-codes and people to be around you. I don't think there will be a system like from HGSS to B/2/W/2 to be really honest. However, I'm probably going to be proved wrong there ;)

As for what will New Mauville will be, well, it's already been said. It'll probably remain as the Power Plant, but the newer functions will probably be to evolve Nosepass, Magneton etc, although I think this will extend onto the Cycle Road and walking route next to New Mauville considering you need to surf to the location similar to the Badlands in XY.

I don't think there will be any legendaries in there, I think there will be plenty of Electric Pokemon down there, I also expect Rotom to appear down there in some capacity maybe helping run certain areas of it.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Am I missing something? I thought New Mauville was an underground area that controls Mauville City's power, not an underground city of its own... What's so special about it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I think it'd be cool if they used it as an extension of Mauville City so it can live up to its name "New" Mauville.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Am I missing something? I thought New Mauville was an underground area that controls Mauville City's power, not an underground city of its own... What's so special about it?
    I think that they thought of making an underground city there hence the New Part but dropped the idea (the people in game). Or maybe I'm confusing it with how in the Manga it was used as a "weather shealter" during the Weather Trio Crisis.

FaeRose

"You'll see more with your eyes closed"
    Years
  • It was a good side quest to pick up Thunderbolt, and it was a good place for some "mechanical" electric pokemon.

Also, thought it was in the original R/S?

Years
  • It was a good side quest to pick up Thunderbolt, and it was a good place for some "mechanical" electric pokemon.

Also, thought it was in the original R/S?

You're right, it was in all three games, not just Emerald.

I think that they should make the quest mandatory as irc it was not during the original RSE.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I don't know I think it was introduced as a little sidequest if you really are bored and it was kinda fun to do. I hope it will still be the same and not make it mandatory.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years

I was going to say the same thing, As far as I'm concerned it's where the city gets all its electricity.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • New Mauville is has a but load of Magneton there right? Magnezone evolves by leveling up in such a location. So All of the Magneton who live in New Mauville will evolve after leveling up once. (So how did they not discover Magnezone till Gen4 :) )

I would love Watson to battle you in New Mauville, his Magneton levels up, and THAT is how Magnezone is discovered in the Hoenn Region. There would be this look on his face. "I've never seen this Pokemon before!"

(Other that Google, how else would kids know to level up their Magneton in a "electric" place? The game needs to show players these things. Or, maybe they want the mystery to be there.)

Years
  • So thus far New Mauville will be a good place to have
    I) Provide a location for Magnezone and Probopass to evolve in, perhaps a new room could be added in too.
    II) Provide a nice place to find Manectite
    III) House an electric legendary at some latter point like Raikou or Zekrom similar to how the Power Plant in the Kanto games (and the Johto remakes) had Zapdos.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Maybe New Mauville could provide a little battle rematch with Wattson perhaps after you complete the sidequest? Maybe use a Mega Manectric?

Salzorrah

Years
  • The Mauville Conundrum [Speculation Thread]

NOTE: Let me first say that this thread is different from the New Mauville thread right here. This is also not a rumor considering it is found on the official Hoenn Region map and one of the artworks. If this thread still is repetitive, then the staff can freely lock/move/merge this thread to its rightful place.

Okay! Now that that's done, here is what I found out.

Spoiler:

Take a good look at the official Hoenn Region map and center your eyes at Mauville City.

It looks completely different from the city we knew from RSE. Looking at the other towns and cities, not much has been changed around except Mauville. At first, I thought it was a big wall around the city so fair point but take a look at the next picture.

Spoiler:

This is an official artwork taken from the ORAS mini-site. It is a panoramic view of Slateport Beach to Mt. Chimney. See the red building with the 4 towers in the background, near Cycling Road. At first I thought it was the new Trick House. But I looked again in the Hoenn Map and saw that the red building coincide with the structure found on Mauville City.

So here are the questions.

Is this some new redesign of Mauville City, and if it is, why is it the only city that has been majorly redesigned? Do you think that there is some new attraction happening that replaces Mauville City? If it turns out to be like that, what happens to the gym, the bike shop, the Game Corner? Will it be placed underground in New Mauville? What do you think is this building exactly?

Discuss!

Years
  • Perhaps if it is a redesign it's a way of referencing how Wattson loves to experiment with his city (Volknor, and to some extent Elesa also did that by putting panels and having a whole new gym even though there was an old one she could've just remodeled respectably) (at least in the manga he did). Also chances are the Game Corner will be gone now, so they'll have to add something new to the city since that building made up a decent chuck of it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I didn't realize how different it looked.

I have no clue what that could be but it might very well be the result of the fact Electric leaders love to experiment with things in their city and have overwhelmingly large inventions and things (the tower in Lumiose, the rollercoaster and then huge catwalk gyms in Nimbasa, etc). It wouldn't surprise me if that's just the gym though, aha.

Years
  • I have no clue what that could be but it might very well be the result of the fact Electric leaders love to experiment with things in their city and have overwhelmingly large inventions and things (the tower in Lumiose, the rollercoaster and then huge catwalk gyms in Nimbasa, etc). It wouldn't surprise me if that's just the gym though, aha.

Probably the best insight that could possibly be given on this. From the map, it's really difficult to tell what exactly that structure is; a wall, a new building, or what, but the artwork is a little more detailed and close-up, so it's easier to see what's going on. There's some obvious additions, and I don't know what they could entail. There was never a 'central' city in Hoenn, so they could be trying to convert Mauville into something like that. o:

Back