• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mauville & New Mauville Discussion & Speculation thread

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Staff Note: As of June 27th, this thread is a conglomerate of the "New Mauville" and "Mauville Conundrum" threads. This thread can be used to discuss Mauville as a whole; the original post for "The Mauville Conundrum" can be found here if you're interested in viewing its content.

Wattson opened up New Mauville in the post-game of Pokemon Emerald. How do you think this will come into play in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? Will it have become a bustling metropolis and left "Old Mauville" in the dust? Will Wattson have retired and let the whole idea crumble? Perhaps New Mauville will have a plot point all its own?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think they could use this place for some form of a legendary Pokémon event. Since it's a power plant, it would most likely be an electric type, such as either Zapdos or Raikou (hope it to be the former, since I'm a huge fan of it). Aside from that, I don't really think it'd be have much use. :( If it were bigger, though, maybe they could have used it to turn it into Wattson's new gym location.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Wattson opened up New Mauville in the post-game of Pokemon Emerald. How do you think this will come into play in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? Will it have become a bustling metropolis and left "Old Mauville" in the dust? Will Wattson have retired and let the whole idea crumble? Perhaps New Mauville will have a plot point all its own?

I feel that it should be expanded upon a bit more than in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I probably wouldn't mind if it was left the same. Maybe a mini-game or something could be situated there to give one more incentive to revisit the area, aside from the various Electric-type wild Pokemon.

At the very least, it needs to be retconned as a place with electromagnetic waves permeating the area - in order to allow the evolutions of Magneton and Nosepass into Magnezone and Probopass, respectively. I mean, it looks suitable for such a purpose!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    At the very least, it needs to be retconned as a place with electromagnetic waves permeating the area - in order to allow the evolutions of Magneton and Nosepass into Magnezone and Probopass, respectively. I mean, it looks suitable for such a purpose!
    Indeed! If not a new attachment to Mauville, it could definitely house some interesting, perhaps rare Electric-type Pokemon and maybe the location of a Manectrite. I can already see it being where Nosepass/Magneton evolve as well, as there are very few locations in the game that could have that sort of addendum, i.e the Mossy/Icy rocks and the like.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm actually hoping that New Mauville will play a bigger role this time around; I think that Wattson could at least give the player some backstory on why he created it and some people may move in once the generator is fixed.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'm actually hoping that New Mauville will play a bigger role this time around; I think that Wattson could at least give the player some backstory on why he created it and some people may move in once the generator is fixed.
    I would like that as well. It seemed a really random addition to Emerald if it didn't have some sort of purpose for the future. I'm really thinking Wattson planned on it being his new gym and I'll be disappointed if it's not at least a hybrid between that and an extension of Mauville's residential portion.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014

This could very well go along with my idea that the game's setting would be in future Hoenn, so New Mauville would become a huge, bustling city, or maybe a chain of islands (like the way Hawaii was formed), and old Mauville could quite literally become a ghost town.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    I don't even think Wattson fully explained what New Mauville was. At least, I don't remember him doing so, nor do I remember anyone other than Wattson even mentioning New Mauville. I wouldn't mind someone moving down there, even if its a crazy old hermit haunted by a Rotom that's constantly possessing his things!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Again I think it'll have Manectric's Mega stone. Also I think it should have magnetic waves to evolve Nosepass and Magneton. Perhaps it could also have Zekrom...it's mechanical...and an electric type...while Meteor falls can have Reshiram.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think New Mauville should be certainly a thing. They could expand it all over underground Hoenn, maybe getting a chance to get fossils and other diggable loot postgame.
    A Manectric Mega Stone and magnetic evolution spot is going to be much more certain, though.

I don't like the idea of posting a legendary there, if it's going to go metro. Because an electric legendary would probably dislike living underground.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think New Mauville should be certainly a thing. They could expand it all over underground Hoenn, maybe getting a chance to get fossils and other diggable loot postgame.
    A Manectric Mega Stone and magnetic evolution spot is going to be much more certain, though.

I don't like the idea of posting a legendary there, if it's going to go metro. Because an electric legendary would probably dislike living underground.

Well Zekrom's stone was buried underneath the ruins in Unova, so maybe Wattson finds the Dark stone underneath the place during a addition to it and it could awaken? Maybe it'll fly off and cause havok on the Mauville above...it'll certainly be awesome to see a non mascot legendary (for this gen) get an event like that.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Im thinking that New Mauville is gonna become a futuristic underground metropolis like Black Opelucid City was but underground, and the original Mauville City will be like the White Opelucid City and be like rural and stuff.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'm not really up for seeing Unovan legends being applied to Hoenn as well. Why would there be Dark stones in Hoenn, anyway? It doesn't make sense that what is essentially the essence of Zekrom/Reshiram are in multiple places.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Assuming it is actually going to be in the games, I'm sure it will receive a new purpose. I'd be a bit annoyed if they put a legendary Pokémon in there though. Case is, New Mauville is an industrial area maintained by Watson, and it would be a bit odd if something like Zapdos or Raikou were to hop in and make it their nest. Both of those Pokémon roam a lot, and are very unlikely to settle in a man-made area. Zapdos tends to hide in remote or abandoned areas such as the Power Plant (at the time of R/B/Y and the remakes, it was), and Sea Spirit's Den. That said, if we see "New Mauville" fallen to ruin, then it is a possibility it would be a hiding place for either legendary. However I think that would be a bit of a cop out, given that it would be extremely similar to how Zapdos worked in the Power Plant.

In the anime, New Mauville is an area where Watson trained, and where a lot of electric Pokémon hung out. I imagine it will have a much similar place in the story this time around. Remember, "New Mauville" isn't meant to be an underground city, or some sort of utopia. It's a power plant. I don't think there will be anything incredible attached to it. If I were to wager a guess, it will involve Rotom, some new items, and more variety in wild Pokémon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    As others have said, Manectric's Mega Stone being situated in New Mauville would make a lot of sense.

In the anime, New Mauville is an area where Watson trained, and where a lot of electric Pokémon hung out. I imagine it will have a much similar place in the story this time around. Remember, "New Mauville" isn't meant to be an underground city, or some sort of utopia. It's a power plant. I don't think there will be anything incredible attached to it. If I were to wager a guess, it will involve Rotom, some new items, and more variety in wild Pokémon.

Ooh, the implementation of a "Rotom Room" in New Mauville to account for Rotom and its various forms would make sense, too! Having New Mauville being used as a "training ground" could be interesting...maybe a small section of New Mauville could serve as a White Treehollow-esque place or a Battle Institute?

Years
    New Mauville will probably be included with minimal alterations in ORAS. It's primarily a power plant, and so it would be unsafe to house too many people around such a powerful energy source. It'll probably be an area post-game to find electric pokemon from future generations, if anything at all. I do agree with everyone else that putting the Mega Stone for Manectric in the city would fit perfectly.

Years

Actually, New Mauville is available after you get the Balance Badge and get Surf. Back to the question, I see it being relatively the same, but if I could change anything about it, I would put notes on the desks, like in the Pokemon Mansion in the First Generation had, only the notes would talk about Zekrom and how Wattson saw a picture of Zekrom and based the generator off of Zekrom's tail.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't know what they would put in there. I mean, we know the games aren't sequels and NM is an electrical plant; there isn't a whole lot possible other than items and Pokemon since nobody is living there. Before Pokemon Bank, I would say there could be a Poketransfer system there, but now I got nothing, haha.

Back