• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+//May Daily Chit-Chat\\+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Haruka-chan said:
    'K, that sounds like a freak accident waiting around the corner. :\
    Some accident that would be. O.o

Alan: Fwee, Scheris~! *prances around like a giddy little schoolgirl* 8D

Candelyce

~Like a flower in the wind~
    Years
    Jack O'Neill said:
    Some accident that would be. O.o

Alan: Fwee, Scheris~! *prances around like a giddy little schoolgirl* 8D
    School girl alert. School girl alert. XD The chances of being attacked by a shark while having a underwater seizure is rarer than being struck by lightning..... 3 times. :\

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    More Connections Between s-CRY-ed and Gundam SEED/Destiny

- Scheris Adjani and Lunamaria Hawke seem to have the same fashion sense. Everyone in their respective organizations wears pants except for the two of them, who wear skirts and stockings instead.
    - The villain organizations have four-letter acronyms as their names. At least we know what ZAFT stands for, however.
    - Alters are discriminated against in a manner similar to how Coordinators are persecuted by Naturals. At least there wasn't some annoying ho who hates Alter users but is more than willing to do Kazuma anyway.
    - The names of the protagonists both start with the letter K.
    - The supposed head of the evil organization is actually a dupe of an even more sinister evil. Patrick Zala was Rau Le Creuset's puppet, much like how Martin Zigmarl was Kyoji Mujo's slave. Martin rebelled in the end, however.

I'll post this in the s-CRY-ed club as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Jack O'Neill said:

- Scheris Adjani and Lunamaria Hawke seem to have the same fashion sense. Everyone in their respective organizations wears pants except for the two of them, who wear skirts and stockings instead.
    - The villain organizations have four-letter acronyms as their names. At least we know what ZAFT stands for, however.
    - Alters are discriminated against in a manner similar to how Coordinators are persecuted by Naturals. At least there wasn't some annoying ho who hates Alter users but is more than willing to do Kazuma anyway.
    - The supposed head of the evil organization is actually a dupe of an even more sinister evil. Patrick Zala was Rau Le Creuset's puppet, much like how Martin Zigmarl was Kyoji Mujo's slave. Martin rebelled in the end, however.

Didn't they also have the same character designer?

Alan, I'm pretty sure it's creepy.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Kazuhito said:
    Didn't they also have the same character designer?
    They certainly did. I think Hisashi Hirai was his name.

Alan and I already did an analysis of cosmetic similarities between the two. Athrun Zala is a masculine version of Mimori Kiryu.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Jack O'Neill said:

Ah, very perceptive. I know there are other parallels, but it is going to take me some time to find them. I've seen each episode of Gundam SEED and s-CRY-ed exactly once, so it's going to take a slight bit of thought to draw some of the obscurities of each out of my own mind.

Also, HOLY, as well as HOLD, both have their abbreviations expanded into words in the show, but I have never bothered to see what they stand for. I'm going to have to do that soon. I'm fairly sure it's somewhat engrishy, though.

Jorfe: Yes, the character designer is the same for these shows as well as one called Infinite RYVIUS. That's why we draw parallels between them in the first place XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Jack O'Neill said:
    They certainly did. I think Hisashi Hirai was his name.

Alan and I already did an analysis of cosmetic similarities between the two. Athrun Zala is a masculine version of Mimori Kiryu.

Proof positive:

And, for those who don't know what Mimori Kiryu looks like:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    It'd be impossible to connect s-CRY-ed and SEED by virtue of voice actors, since they have radically different casts. SEED and Ryvius did have the same actors working on them, however (I think).

Steve Blum would be a better Andy Waltfeld than Brian Drummond.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Seeing my favorite voice actor voicing one of my favorite SEED characters would be wonderful. He'd fit Waltfelt perfectly.

Brian Drummond? I've heard of him somewhere before...he does work on Inuyasha, I know that for certain. Without looking at wikipedia, I'm guessing he does Koga's voice.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Scott McNeil is Koga's voice actor. He also did the voice of Hohenheim of Light on FMA.

Asuka Langley Soryu is Marta. Vash the Stampede is Lujon.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Jack O'Neill said:
    Scott McNeil is Koga's voice actor. He also did the voice of Hohenheim of Light on FMA.

Asuka Langley Soryu is Marta. Vash the Stampede is Lujon.

Ah; thanks for clearing that up. Many voice actors are unrecognizable from show to show because of their amazing vocal versatility. Speaking of Johnny Young Bosch, I was surprised to learn that he is the voice of Renton Thurston on Eureka Seven...I had no idea he could go from my single favorite voice (not voice actor) in all anime to one of the most grating.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    You should be able to draw from Fafner as well...that's like SEED and S.CRY.ed mixed into one.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Ah; thanks for clearing that up. Many voice actors are unrecognizable from show to show because of their amazing vocal versatility. Speaking of Johnny Young Bosch, I was surprised to learn that he is the voice of Renton Thurston on Eureka Seven...I had no idea he could go from my single favorite voice (not voice actor) in all anime to one of the most grating.
    Eureka - Hyuga Hinata
    Holland - Alucard, Straight Cougar, Togusa
    Talho - Haruno Sakura
    Matthieu - Jin, Hideo Kuze

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You'll be hearing many rants courtesy me in the near future regarding that show, Jack.

Fafner...I'll put that on my list under Death Note.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back