• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Me and my son

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    My son follows pokemon , yesterday night when i was talking to him , like what excites him the most and within a few seconds he told me you won't get it dad. Like kids these days are really very fast , he is a capricon and then after sometime when he slept i just randomly searched about pokemon and found this amazing forum. His favorite pokemon is Simipour whose Zodiac sign is Aquarius.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! It's great that you're invested in your son's interests. My Dad was very supportive of my Pokémon card collecting when I was a child and now even twenty years later I'm going to watch Detective Pikachu with him on Sunday. :')

How old is your son?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! It's great to see that you're interested in your sons interests. My father and mother were pretty supportive of my obsession with Pokemon and Yugioh cards growing up. Are you here looking into Pokemon yourself?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    My son is 8 years old at the moment, that's so cute . How old is your's ?

yes Tokyodrift, I want to learn atleast a bit about it .

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    Pokemon guide

Please guide me with pokemon, I need to help my son in answering to his questions.

Years
    My son follows pokemon , yesterday night when i was talking to him , like what excites him the most and within a few seconds he told me you won't get it dad. Like kids these days are really very fast , he is a capricon and then after sometime when he slept i just randomly searched about pokemon and found this amazing forum. His favorite pokemon is Simipour whose Zodiac sign is Aquarius.
    This is really so wholesome 😖...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I went ahead and merged your threads. :)

What kind of guides are you looking for?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    start with the basics please, like what should i start following more, where should i start from . I want to learn/follow it from the scratch . I hope you'll be able to help me out .

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would say to start your Pokemon journey with the gen 1 remakes: FireRed and LeafGreen. They are Gameboy Advances games and currently unavailable on the Nintendo e-shop, so you will have to use an older device (alternatively, the original RBY is on the e-shop if you want to start the main series games from the very beginning). If you only have a Switch to play with, Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! might be a good place to start. It's different from your average Pokemon game but equally as fun. :)

The games will teach you everything you need to know, all you have to do is begin your journey!

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    I would recommend Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. They have recently released a new game on the Switch called Rescue Team DX and it has a good story that might interest both you and your son and very easy to understand controls.

Back