• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meatless Monday

Do you support the 'Meatless Monday' Law?

• NO! >/

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Yes, it's not that bad

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Yes, people shouldn't eat meat in the first place

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (Pleas Comment)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • "lol massachussets"

Stupid imo. "NO MEETZ FOR ITS IN THE UBAR TIER!!!" (had to get a pokemon reference in ^_^)

But yeah, its just plain dumb. Who are a bunch of beauracrats (probably spelled wrong, don't care) to tell anyone what they can and cannot eat? Seriously. I didn't know the diets of people "belong to state".

Ayselipera

I can understand why they want to cut back on meat, but I don't think telling people they can't have it is such a great idea. I agree with Galatea that it's a better idea to educate people about meat products rather then just taking them away for one day of the week every week. Coming from someone who lives in Massachusetts I've never even heard of this, so it's all news to me. o.O

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    All the vegetarians I know, including me, think it's cruel to kill animals unnecessarily, not because it's before their natural life span. Plant are gonna die no matter what. Human life can't continue without us (or something else we subsequently eat) eating them. However, human life can continue without us eating other animals if we eat directly from plants. Plants are alive, but they don't have emotions or consciousness/sentience so it's not cruel to kill them.
    It's a dumb idea to begin with. I'm a pescetarian, so I eat fish but no other form of meat.

Are people going to get to the point where we find it morally wrong to eat plants as well? Say bye-bye to the human race then.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • myself and curtis think they should cut back on the Soya because of the mount of people who like it ( not people allerys and latouse intoldance) monkey lose their home.

People should learn to drink Rice and oat milk ( allery and latouse intoldance too) to save our monkeys!

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    What do you think?
    ...Cute. But I don't think it'll work.

Should there be a Ban on Selling Meat in Restaurants every Monday?
    They can try it, but it'll be generally ineffective. Even if it does work, it's a mostly pointless procedure because the movement itself is far too small to make any incredibly significant change in the environment. Regardless of whether they will be sold on Monday or not, there are six other days of the week and a lot of people opt to eat at home anyway. It's not going to significantly alter the rate at which animals will be slaughtered and shipped.

Is this a pointless law?
    Not pointless, but about 90% ineffectual.

Do you even care?
    Actually no.

Why or why not?
    Proud carnivore here, but I live with a vegetarian of thirty years and I actually go a lot of days without eating meat and not even minding. Whether or not anyone wants to go vegetarian is totally their option. Vegan or not, it's not like humans will ever stop consuming products of the earth so long as we retain the desire to be alive. Encouraging something like a "Meatless Monday" in one state of one country of the world looks like a pretty measly measure to alleviate or reduce whatever 'damage' we homo sapiens are responsible for.

Also regarding the brushed-upon topic of carbon emissions, if the government wants the people to truly be more aware of their options, then, what the heck, do something carbon-emission related. Last time I checked, greenhouse gases had nothing but an extremely loose connection with vegans..

...Basically saying what a lot of people are saying here, it looks like a stupid idea.

RCMF13

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • What do you think?

It is a stupid law.

It is a pointless law.

No it should not be passed.

Is this a pointless law?

Yes.

Do you even care?

Not really.

Why or why not?

I live in England.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • What do you think?
    ...why would they want to? :p

...why?

Is this a pointless law?
    ...I can't see any purpose.

Do you even care?
    I live in Michigan. Why would I?

Why or why not?
    Why should someone who lives in a different state care? We have our own set of stupid legistlation.

Meat actually can be healthy, but most people prepare it in extremely unhealthy ways. The fact that most of it comes from factory farming doesn't help either - in fact, if you raised an animal to be healthy, happy and took care of it throughout its life, you could eat its meat raw without worrying too much about the likes of samonella and the such, because those diseases are mainly caused by the atrocious living conditions of the animals in the farms.

I like my meat. Screw Massachussetts.

Years
  • What do you think?
    Looks like another proof that my username is true. As if monday being the first working day of the world and thus putting everyone in a bad temper wouldn't be bad enough...
    I think that eating something delicious can greatly improve a day, and most meat happens to be delicious.

Wait, I didn't consider that above, so this goes only for restaurants. This makes the whole thing even more ridiculous, since I could for example still eat my beloved Mettwurst breads (I'm afraid there's no translation of this word, since even english Wikipedia calls it Mettwurst), but I couldn't eat a steak? This is equally pointless as the European Union's law on how crooked cucumbers are allowed to be.

Is this a pointless law?
    See 2.
    Also, it is not going to help the climate at all, not all meat is consumed in restaurants. People with the desire for eating meat on a monday could easily bypass this law. Regardless of whatever they do with this law idea, there will not be less cows on this world that are polluting the air than before.

Do you even care?
    Actually I do, even though I shouldn't, since...

Why or why not?
    ...this is happening thousands of kilometres away from me, so it will probably never affect me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • What do you think?
    Bad idea. I eat meat for nearly every meal, and I'm not going to change my eating habits over a stupid law.

My answer would mirror the answer from McDonald's, Burger King, Texas Steakhouse, etc., albeit for different reasons. Let's say there's some special event in your life and you want to celebrate it by going to a nice restaurant. If that date falls on a Monday, you can forget it, unless you don't mind not eating meat. Even then, many restaurants would close on Monday anyway because it wouldn't be profitable to remain open when they couldn't sell the majority of their menu items.

Is this a pointless law?
    Yes. I'll break the law/move if I have to.

Do you even care?
    Yes.

Why or why not?
    Especially in state government, stupidity is contagious. Who knows if it'll spread from Massachusetts to 10 or 20 other states?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • What do you think?
    I think it's stupid and that people are completely off their rockers.

No. And why the eff is it even Monday? That's just a really bad play on alliteration.

Is this a pointless law?
    Yes. I could name a buttload of laws that make more sense than this, and some of them are so stupid you'd think that only people with no brain cells would vote for them. But they are still better than this.

Do you even care?
    Kind of...distantly.

Why or why not?
    Why: because it might expand and become a fad around the world. Why not: because I live in Germany and hopefully it won't come over here anytime soon. But who's to say it won't? :x

...Elite Overlord, you stole my font ._.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • All the vegetarians I know, including me, think it's cruel to kill animals unnecessarily, not because it's before their natural life span. Animals are gonna die no matter what, and humans too, so this point is irrelevant. Human life can't continue without us (or something else we subsequently eat) eating them, especially for hunter-gatherer societies where they have no access to good land on which to farm. However, human life cannot continue without us eating other animals if we eat directly from plants because the world doesn't work that way, not that it would be good if it did. Animals are alive, but they don't have emotions or consciousness/sentience so it's not cruel to kill them.
    There, I fixed that for you. Changes are bold. Animals don't care about morality, so I don't care about them. Given the means and opportunity, any animal in the world would kill me if I got in its way unless it was conditioned not to (or too stupid to even try). Until animals start practicing morality, I'll continue to eat them with no moral qualms whatsoever.

Back