• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Mega Evolution and Z-moves will not be in these games

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    While I'm fine with the removal of Z-moves (because to me, a one time nuke was totally unnecessary), Megas are a completely different story. Pokemon that were bad and got megas to make them better (looking at Beedrill and Lopunny, Mawile too) are now back to being outright unusable again just because they want to shove a new gimmick down our throats. In fact, Dynamaxing doesn't seem that interesting to me. At least Megas has totally new designs, but with Dynamaxing, they're just making the model bigger.

On the other hand of the argument, there are some mons that didn't need megas (looking at you, Mega Rayquaza), or in the case of Mewtwo and Charizard, they didn't need two megas. It's just a shame that they continue to throw away good mechanics for one time gimmicks they're just going to add to the pile of abandoned mechanics in the next main series title.

Years
    I liked mega evolution and z moves but I would prefer mega evolution to come back not too sure on dynamaxing as not used it yet but can't see it being used unless I have too

Years
    Z-moves are acceptable. they can go since z-moves should only be exclusive to alola. since the tapus or whatever voodoo the z-moves need can only be found at Alola.

mega evolutions though... idk. i feel like its wasted as a mechanic if they don't implement it.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Id rather they re-worked mega evolutions to be more normal evolutionary step in pokemon if they must than remove them totally. I liked the concept of megas way more than dyanmaxing.

Z-moves was just a gimmick I wont miss (as from maybe the owl starters one which just looked really cool) but even these could be grandfathered in as a scaled down new move.

Years
    I'd rather have Game Freak rework megas and Z-moves rather than introducing new mechanics just to remove them after a generation.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    ^That's what they did.
    Max moves are basically z moves, and the rumored gigantomaxing (or whatever it's called) will be like really tall Megas.

Back