• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I never really liked the idea of mega evolution to begin with and I hope to God that it was an X&Y-only thing. It was digimon-esque and a bit of an asspull to spice up the old Pokemon formula, imo.

Not to mention, most of the designs are gaudy and overdone, and are just added.... spikes and stuff. :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I honestly won't have an opposition about any new Megas if there are any as long as other two starters get one. I can't think of one that I especially don't want to get one.

I never really liked the idea of mega evolution to begin with and I hope to God that it was an X&Y-only thing. It was digimon-esque and a bit of an asspull to spice up the old Pokemon formula, imo.

Not to mention, most of the designs are gaudy and overdone, and are just added.... spikes and stuff. :/

Yeah... a lot of them are pretty ugly. I found myself really liking Lucario's design, though, and competitively speaking, I am glad for some Megas as they brought some Pokemon from the lower tiers up to OU :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I sure hope that rumor of the Rayquaza megas is fake. I don't want them to make it Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Water... It is suppose to represent the skies, so it should keep the flying type or gain something else that represents or comes from the sky like electricity (lightning).

Years
    I agree 100 percent with you Avant. Those types fit it much better. Also...those types remind me of that fake rumor of Rayquaza absorbing Groudon and Kyogre...

So which fully evolved Pokémon in the Hoenn dex have yet to be mentioned? I recall Spinda, Sableye, Slaking, Kingdra, Plusle, Minun, Raichu, Altaria, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Machoke, Golem, Deoxys, Jiranchi, Zangoose, Serviperand Chimecho have come up.

Has anyone mentioned Roseraid(I might've but can't recall). It is strong but could use a push. How about MegaBlossom (Grass/Fairy) and MegaVileplume (keeps Grass/Poison)?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years

I saw this picture.... RUMOR ALERT :)

Spoiler:

Mega Rayquaza ??? {XD}

fake

all the others say their japanese name for the mega evolution underneath the english name, and the first one says "Mega Zyooku" (Zyooku isn't even a pokemon name) and the second one says "Mega detarame" (Rayquaza's Japanese name is レックウザ which is the same as it's English name)

should also be noted that in the Japanese games, Pokemon names are always written in katakana. the first one is in katakana, but the second one is in hiragana.

So since neither of them say Rayquaza's Japanese name, and one is in hiragana (and the fact they seem to be "leaked" on the XY mega evolution page on serebii???) it's 100% fake.

Years
    What kind of ability would fit MegaKingdra? Something like Rough skin maybe? Drizzle?

I think that Ninetales may get a Mega. It could be Fire/Ghost, Fire/Fairy, Fire/Dark, or Fire/Psychic.

Years
    If Rayquaza got a Mega evolution in ORAS, I doubt they change its typing, except maybe Dragon/Dark. Maybe, if they did something similar to Kyruem, Rayquaza could get a Land form and a Sea form, for Groudon and Kyogre, respectively. I feel like if they do give Rayquaza a new form in the remakes, it'll just be a Mega evolution.

Last edited:

Years
    If Rayquaza got a Mega evolution in ORAS, I doubt they change its typing, except maybe Dragon/Dark. Maybe, if they did something similar to Kyruem, Rayquaza could get a Land form and a Sea form , for Groudon and Kyogre, respectively. I feel like if they do give Rayquaza a new form in the remakes, it'll just be a Mega evolution.
    Dragon/Dark? Unlike Gyarados it doesn't seem to radiate Dark at all... Electric is far more possible for it as it is depicted with lightning around it in the opening for Emerald.

How about a Dustox and Beautifly Mega? Beautifly could switch Flying for Fairy and get the ability Levitate. Dustox could also get Levitate.

Years
    How about a Dustox and Beautifly Mega? Beautifly could switch Flying for Fairy and get the ability Levitate. Dustox could also get Levitate.

Beautifly is viable to get a Fairy typing with its Mega evolution if it receives one, but Dustox doesn't seem like Fairy material. Game Freak seems to be pretty picky about which Pokemon become Fairy type, so although Beautifly would make some sense, I doubt its Mega gets in the new, exclusive type group. If this does happen, Levitate is perfect to diminish any confusion regarding the resistances lost from dropping the Flying type.

Years
    Beautifly is viable to get a Fairy typing with its Mega evolution if it receives one, but Dustox doesn't seem like Fairy material. Game Freak seems to be pretty picky about which Pokemon become Fairy type, so although Beautifly would make some sense, I doubt its Mega gets in the new, exclusive type group. If this does happen, Levitate is perfect to diminish any confusion regarding the resistances lost from dropping the Flying type.

I didn't mean that Dustox should become Bug/Fairy too, just that it should also be given Levitate xD. Dustox's mega stone could be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire and Beautifly's be exclusive to OmegaRuby.
    If they give Sableye a Mega it and Mawile's stones will probably be exclusives.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I think a Beautifly and Dustox mega could be viable. If Mega Evolution would be introduced midgame, maybe Wally's parents can give you its Megastone, along with Surf? And I agree with the whole version exclusive thing like Dustox can be for OR and Beautifly for AS?

Years
    I think it'll be the beautiful one with the gruf mascot, and the unglier one with the majestic mascot kind of yin-yang dynamic.
    Does anyone else think Mega Ho-oh and MegaLugia will happen? Considering the Kanto mascots, and now likely the Hoenn mascots got Megas it'll be nice to see the Johto ones get something in either these games or in a future one.

Years
    No. Kalos had relevant ties with Kanto, which is why Mewtwo got a Mega evolution. Alternatively, Hoenn doesn't have that much of a connection to the other regions, so I don't see why they would give Ho-Oh and Lugia Mega evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022

I actually wrote something on my blog about Mega Beautifly and Mega Dustox.
    https://pokeswamp.wordpress.com/201...uby-alphasapphire-mega-evolution-predictions/

There will still be a limited amount of Megas in ORAS. I think only the popular Pokémon will get one, so Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross and Milotic.
    And of course, the weaker Pokémon should also get a Mega, like Grumpig, Tropius and Exploud. But Trollfreak might strike again by giving Salamence 2 Mega Evolutions, Mega Breloom and Mega Jirachi.

Years
    No. Kalos had relevant ties with Kanto, which is why Mewtwo got a Mega evolution. Alternatively, Hoenn doesn't have that much of a connection to the other regions, so I don't see why they would give Ho-Oh and Lugia Mega evolutions.
    But Ho-oh and Lugia were in Emerald as events. Also the Player character her/himself is a connection seeing how they're from Johto. Also the player in Emerald got a Johto starter after they completed the Hoenn dex, so Hoenn and Johto are as connected as Kalos and Kanto when one thinks about it.

Years
    But Ho-oh and Lugia were in Emerald as events. Also the Player character her/himself is a connection seeing how they're from Johto. Also the player in Emerald got a Johto starter after they completed the Hoenn dex, so Hoenn and Johto are as connected as Kalos and Kanto when one thinks about it.

Fair point; in that same vein, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Meganium should receive Mega evolutions as well, correct? Small relations aside, I will be surprised if they give any other legendaries Mega evolutions other than Groudon, Kyogre, and/or Rayquaza. Just not enough there to warrant it, in my opnion. Obviously, with Pokemon games nowadays, anything is possible, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Years
    Fair point; in that same vein, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Meganium should receive Mega evolutions as well, correct? Small relations aside, I will be surprised if they give any other legendaries Mega evolutions other than Groudon, Kyogre, and/or Rayquaza. Just not enough there to warrant it, in my opnion. Obviously, with Pokemon games nowadays, anything is possible, so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Yeah, I raised this point earlier on here ^_^.

Typhlosion could get something like Sheer Power, or Flash Fire as his ability. Meganium could get Regeneration, and Feraligatr could get rough skin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back