• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Milotic would need a Move Tutor to teach her some fairy moves because in X/Y no TM, Egg Moves or Level Up moves give her any Fairy moves. Pixilate would help her if she don't get any fairy moves in ORAS for her Mega.

Years
    As stated before, Mega Milotic + Pixilate wouldn't be a good idea unless it ends up getting Hyper Voice or becomes a Physical attacker, as most the Normal moves it can learn are Physical. (I think the only Special one it can learn is Hyper Beam, and that really isn't a good move given the recharge period.) That being said, as ^ pointed out GF has given Pokemon new moves/changed when they can learn certain moves between games, so it's possible for it to receive Special Normal moves so that it can benefit from Pixilate.

Years
    There's lots of Pokemon that in some way, shape, or form may constitute a Fairy typing, especially if it's given a Mega evolution. However currently, 4.8% of all Pokemon are Fairy type, meaning that the only type rarer than it is Ghost. Obviously, Game Freak has been picky with what gets the Fairy typing. Not saying that Mega Milotic won't become Fairy type, but that it's not too likely. We'll definitely have to wait and see.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I still wonder why they gave it to Mr. Mime and not Blissey or Audino...

Ironically we have 3 ghost Megas: Banette, Gengar, and now Sableye.
    So that leaves Mismagius, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Froslass, Dusknoir, Giratina, the coffin ,Jellicent, and Drif. being the only ghost types without one. Wait, are those really all the final evolved ghost types? I hope I'm missing some. Maybe Froslass and Dusknoir will get Megas (Glalie too unless they pull a Gallade on it...but Hoenn is his/her home turf) as they are evolutions of Hoenn Megas.

Years
    Make Mega Sharpedo, and Chimecho, and I will be happy. I already feel like we have been given a great amount, though I also believe that they may give several gen 5 pokemon megas, as they didn't give any in XY.

Years
    I still wonder why they gave it to Mr. Mime and not Blissey or Audino...

Ironically we have 3 ghost Megas: Banette, Gengar, and now Sableye.
    So that leaves Mismagius, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Froslass, Dusknoir, Giratina, the coffin ,Jellicent, and Drif. being the only ghost types without one. Wait, are those really all the final evolved ghost types? I hope I'm missing some. Maybe Froslass and Dusknoir will get Megas (Glalie too unless they pull a Gallade on it...but Hoenn is his/her home turf) as they are evolutions of Hoenn Megas.

Maybe they gave it to Mr. Mime because it wasn't all that good? Blissey is good and popular competitively-speaking. Dunno about Audino, though.

Aegislash isn't on that list, though I don't think it needs a Mega at all, pft. There's also normal Rotom, Shedinja, Golurk, Gourgeist, and Trevenant. (And a certain unrevealed Pokemon whose name I won't mention in case people don't want to be spoiled XD)

More Gen. VI Megas would be nice to see, albeit I wouldn't want any besides Mega Diancie until Gen. V Megas happen. Earlier, I thought about how nice it'd be to see Megas Krookodile and Galvantula, haha. I'd still like Mega Hydreigon to be a thing, too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am 100% pulling at straws on this, but it has been confirmed that a new character named Aarune has been confirmed to be a master of Secrete Bases and he has a Flygon.

This may confirm that Flygon will get a Mega. As I said, I am pulling at straws here.

Years
    Maybe it does hint at Mega Flygon. I also feel like it should get one as it is like the Latis green levitating dragon yet non-legendary counterpart, taking their place in Emerald's opening.

Years
    If you can battle this Aarune guy, then it's certainly possible Flygon will receive a Mega. It'd also make sense because it sounds like he's been with his Flygon a long time, thus fitting the "bond between Trainer and Pokemon" aspect of Mega Evolution.

Years
    There's a battle screenshot on Serebii so that's a yes. He only has one Pokémon though, so a Mega will be to his advantage. Someone check his artwork for a Mega item...

Years
    He doesn't seem to have any Mega items in his VS portrait; the next best place could be his belt but there isn't anything there:

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Maybe it could be on that jacket he has thrown over his back? Who knows XD Also, seems like he only has Flygon, so if he does have access to Mega Evolution, it would come in handy for him for the battle.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It is possible that it is hidden very well like Archie's and Maxie's and their official art work has them covering up where they were seen.

They have him in a battle, but it doesn't seem like they show any of the battle, at least not that I have seen with the screenshots. Also, he other hand is covered by the jacket, so it could be a ring if at all.

And as you said, it seems he has been traveling with Flygon for a while. Says he is a World Traveler, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he found them in his travels. If he does get one, Dragon/Bug please :p

I would love to see Flygon be like this.

Mega Flygon
    Dragon/Bug
    Increase his speed and Special attack maybe. And whatever else.
    Maybe give him Moxie or something that increases critical chance. Keen eyes would also be nice.

(On an off topic note, would be awesome if Ash got a Mega Flygon in the anime.)

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'd rather have mega flygon be a pure dragon or stick with dra/ground honestly. Dragon/Bug exposes it to more weaknesses (fire, rock becomes 1X) and it won't benefit from STAB either.

Years
    I stated it previously, but I'd like Flygon to keep its Dragon/Ground typing so it can use STAB Earthquake. Dragon/Bug just makes both its STAB attacks useless against fairies; only plus is it would no longer have any 4x weaknesses.

Years
    I think that it'll stick with it's typing. It only has one 4x weakness anyways. Speaking of 4x weak pokemon I think that Marcargo needs to get a Mega, return to being pure Fire to get rid of it's 4x weaknesses to Ground and Water attacks.

On the topic of returning to a previous type I would like Masquerain to get a Mega and turn back to Bug/Water.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wouldn't mind Flygon keeping its ground/dragon typing. Just think it would match.

As for typing for other megas, I would like see Braviary get a mega it become pure flying or at least Flying/Fighting.

I am sure I can think of a few that I wouldn't mind letting it lose its typing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back