• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, I guess now literally any Pokemon could get a Mega, even something like Kirlia who has two evolutions that split off like Slowpoke. I guess Gamefreak's goal was to surprise us and they've definitely done that now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope we can get them all before the storyline ends. If we can only use one at a time, what's the harm? Plus there was such a focus on Mega Evolutions in the storyline of XY that it was really quite a shame we couldn't use them all. Since Steven is likely going to be preaching about Mega Evolution throughout the game I hope to be given access to a lot more Megas this time around.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, I guess now literally any Pokemon could get a Mega, even something like Kirlia who has two evolutions that split off like Slowpoke. I guess Gamefreak's goal was to surprise us and they've definitely done that now.

Are you saying middle evolutions could now get Megas?

Even if Slowbro didn't look the way it did it would still be surprise. Diancie, Lopunny, Slowbro, and Audino are the most unexpected Megas. For one they aren't even in the dex (well the Hoenn dex, though all of them minus Slowbro were created post Gen III so that doesn't really count much). I hope that the next Mega will be something in the original Hoenn dex. Like Mega Raichu, Mega Golem, Mega Machamp, or Mega Kingdra.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    If sharpedo and camerupt didn't get megas, which pokemon will Maxie/Archie mega evolve?

Whilst I do think Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo are a given, they could still go a different direction with Maxie and Archie's teams and give them Houndoom and Gyarados to use as their megas. Lysandre's main Pokemon was Pyroar and he still used mega Gyarados.

--

Some people seem to think Mega Slaking is gonna happen because in the screenshots on the Korean website all of those Pokemon featured (Sceptile, Blaziken, Slowbro, Audino, Salamence) could mega evolve. Personally I think it's just a coincidence but you ever know.

And since it's obvious Rayquaza is gonna get something; either a mega or a PR, Flygon is gonna be the only Dragon type introduced in Gen III not to get a mega ):

Years
    Whilst I do think Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo are a given, they could still go a different direction with Maxie and Archie's teams and give them Houndoom and Gyarados to use as their megas. Lysandre's main Pokemon was Pyroar and he still used mega Gyarados.

--

Some people seem to think Mega Slaking is gonna happen because in the screenshots on the Korean website all of those Pokemon featured (Sceptile, Blaziken, Slowbro, Audino, Salamence) could mega evolve. Personally I think it's just a coincidence but you ever know.

And since it's obvious Rayquaza is gonna get something; either a mega or a PR, Flygon is gonna be the only Dragon type introduced in Gen III not to get a mega ):

That's right...it will be the only one. Interestingly Gf has yet to give the only Gen I Dragon a Mega, or the only Gen II Dragon (Kingdra). So at least Flygon will have company with those two if it doesn't get a Mega :(

Earlier I someone complained about the Fairy type being slapped on to several Megas. Yet only Altaria and Audino's megas have the Fairy type replace another or added. Dragon actually is winning with Mega Charizard X, Ampharos, and Sceptile as the most slapped on type. Tied with Fairy is the fighting type with the two being Mega Mewtwo X and Lopunny.

Last edited:
    Years
    Words cannot even express how disappointed and how much I hate Slowbros Mega Evolution. Game freak ruined it for me!;-; My favorite pokemon gets an evolution and it evolves into... I dont even know what to call it >:( i wish i go slap some sense into the person who designed it! I hate it!! Ugh! I feel like boycotting pokemon just for this! (I wont)>:( >:(

Anw, hoping for flygon to atleast get a decent Mega. I mean, whatever they do it cant end up worse the slowbros mega.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder how Mega Audino will look in Mega since she changed from her Pink color to something white. Her shiny turned into purple before.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Mega-audino looks so beautiful and angelic. I prefer the original Slowbro, but curious to how Mega-slowbro will be like in battle.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Mega-audino looks so beautiful and angelic. I prefer the original Slowbro, but curious to how Mega-slowbro will be like in battle.

I agree. Slowbro has managed to get onto quite a few of my in-game teams. It'll be nice to see if we can manage to achieve mega-slowbro during gameplay in ORAS.

Years
    I agree. Slowbro has managed to get onto quite a few of my in-game teams. It'll be nice to see if we can manage to achieve mega-slowbro during gameplay in ORAS.

What do you mean by achive during gameplay? As in prior to our battle with Steven?

I hope they reduce it's speed and boost it's special defense in addition to the already confirmed boost to defense and special attack. With reduced speed mixed with Trick room it'll be able to go first most of the time. It can then use one calm mind or two to boost it's special defense and what seems like it'll be, already high special attack. It can then sweep for the next three or so turns.

Here's an unexpected pokemon that could get a Mega, Shuckle.

Dr. Wiggles

Free Thinker
    Years
    Guess What...
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type and the ability Healer. Mega Slowbro has the ability Shell Armor

From Serebii

Mega Slowbro has to be a joke (design wise).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years

--

Team Flare is a very interesting villainous group. Their group isn't exactly about "flare", but "flair". It's a very terrible mistake in localization. I realize most Team Flare members use poison or dark types rather than fire types. An exception is Malva, but she isn't that involved in the main storyline anyway.

What stunned many people was that Mega Gyarados lost its flying type for dark. I was skeptic at first, but a super effective close combat proved that it was true.

As for Mega Flygon, I'm not going to assure myself that it's happening. However, it is rather fishy. It is confirmed that Aarune will battle you in some part of the storyline and flygon will be his ace (if beta is accurate then it'll be his sole pokemon too). Vibrava evolves at Lv45, that means the battle will probably happen between the 6th-8th gym badge. It just seems so fishy with one flygon.

He doesn't have any visible keystone, but he could be the one giving the flygonite (if there's one) to you after defeating him. A possible guess.

Last edited:

Years
    Team Flare is a very interesting villainous group. Their group isn't exactly about "flare", but "flair". It's a very terrible mistake in localization. I realize most Team Flare members use poison or dark types rather than fire types. An exception is Malva, but she isn't that involved in the main storyline anyway.

What stunned many people was that Mega Gyarados lost its flying type for dark. I was skeptic at first, but a super effective close combat proved that it was true.

As for Mega Flygon, I'm not going to assure myself that it's happening. However, it is rather fishy. It is confirmed that Aarune will battle you in some part of the storyline and flygon will be his ace (if beta is accurate then it'll be his sole pokemon too). Vibrava evolves at Lv45, that means the battle will probably happen between the 6th-8th gym badge. It just seems so fishy with one flygon.

He doesn't have any visible keystone, but he could be the one giving the flygonite (if there's one) to you after defeating him. A possible guess.
    I thought Team Flare's japanese name as the same, Flare-dan (Team Flare) like the other five evil teams.

He could always get a Mega item and Flygon's Mega stone post game too, like our rival in XY did.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I thought Team Flare's japanese name as the same, Flare-dan (Team Flare) like the other five evil teams.

He could always get a Mega item and Flygon's Mega stone post game too, like our rival in XY did.

Well, that is correct... but in the actual games Team Flare isn't all fire. They do have a fire symbol and a fiery hot outfit but all they say is style and fashion - which relates better to 'flair'.

As the team uses lots of dark and poison types, I don't find it surprising for Lysandre to use a mega gyarados. I think he got himself a pyroar because of his crazy hair.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I really hope flygon gets a mega. It's one of my favorite pokemon, but it's always been in garchomp's shadow since gen 4. If it got a mega evolution with more speed and special attack, it could finally be something different entirely than that shark-dragon-cassowary.

Years
    I really hope flygon gets a mega. It's one of my favorite pokemon, but it's always been in garchomp's shadow since gen 4. If it got a mega evolution with more speed and special attack, it could finally be something different entirely than that shark-dragon-cassowary.

Garchomp itself has a not so good Mega, so if Flygon get's a Mega that's better than normal Flygon I'm sure it'll escape the Land-Shark's shadow. It will probably lose to whatever they are planning to cook up for Zygarde though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back