• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • If they give Mega evolutions to Pokemon not originally from Hoenn, they should at least be attainable in Hoenn. It would make absolutely no sense if they gave, say, Druddigon a Mega evolution, there would be no possibly way to capture and use its new evolution until at the earliest, post-game.

If so then I guess that'll leave new megas mostly for the Pokémon native to Hoenn. Come on give us Mega Golem and MegaMachoke GF!

I wonder if they may make megas for another regions starters in addition to the remaining two Hoenn starters. Post game they could give us a Johto starter after completing the Hoenn dex like in Emerald. They could add in the mega stone and thus three sets of starters out of the six will have Megas. Maybe they could even hint at the next game...by distributing a mega of one of the Kalos starters (MegaChestnaught or MegaGreninja anyone? (leaving out Delphox since giving it a mega before the other will mean more favoritism towards fire starters)). Or maybe the region that came after Hoenn, meaning a Sinnoh starter. Though that'll be annoying as the other two wouldn't get megas until proably the DPP remakes (or 'Z' if they replace the Kanto starters with the Sinnoh ones)...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Mewtwo was overpowered also, and received two Megas. Now its base stats are higher than the God Pokémon's. I know Arceus is very strong and doesn't deserve a Mega in that respect, but as KeyDrop mentioned, yes a lot of weaker Pokémon got Megas to try to boost their usability, but Pokémon that were already competitive (and in some cases, banned) got Megas, too. Arceus actually deserves a Mega so its stats can surpass Mewtwo again.

As for Multitype, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire brings up a good idea with Protean, but I'd rather Arceus get an Ability of its own. Maybe something crazy like it had in Conquest?

I get what you mean. Because megas are limited one per battle, they stopped a lot of abuse. I guess the competitive world is different from the in-game one, but Mewtwo Y's stats were surpassed by Life Orb and Mewtwo X couldn't learn strong enough physical moves to make it worthwhile. Arceus, however, touches almost every TM in the game. In-game, though, it's a whole different story.

Omnipotent in Conquest was a really really strong ability, and that combined with the fact that a Pokémon could only carry one move, and Fighting types were rare, Arceus was just too crazy.

Years
  • It's not necessarily weak Pokemon who should get Mega evolutions, but Pokemon with deficiencies and shortcomings. Mawile was a perfect fit to get one because of its shallow move pool and mediocre stats. Not a terrible Pokemon; certainly usable in battle pre-Kalos, but greatly improved. They'll do similar things to other Pokemon in ORAS if new Mega evolutions are to be released.

Years
  • Minun and Plusle would benefit greatly from a Mega. They already have a bst in the 400's so with a mega it'll go up to the 500's. They will finally be useful if done right.

Years
  • I'm hoping for Deoxys, Latios/Latias, Flygon and Salamance (Please, please please!), and, obviously, Swampart and Sceptile. Probably Exploud and Hariyama, Milotic, Armaldo, Tropius, and Dusclops (OH YES!!! DUSCLOPS!!!). MAYBE they will do mega evos for the Regis!!! (Mega Regice?!? Are you kidding?!?!?). I am super excited for the reappearance of Jirachi!! I SO hope Jirachi is in the game. He is arguably one of my favorite legendaries and we haven't seen him in FOREVER!!

Super excited!

Years
  • I'm hoping for Deoxys, Latios/Latias, Flygon and Salamance (Please, please please!), and, obviously, Swampart and Sceptile. Probably Exploud and Hariyama, Milotic, Armaldo, Tropius, and Dusclops (OH YES!!! DUSCLOPS!!!). MAYBE they will do mega evos for the Regis!!! (Mega Regice?!? Are you kidding?!?!?). I am super excited for the reappearance of Jirachi!! I SO hope Jirachi is in the game. He is arguably one of my favorite legendaries and we haven't seen him in FOREVER!!

Super excited!

It'll be Mega Dusknoir seeing how Dusclops evolves. A mega flygon <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I really hope we see new Mega Evolutions in the remakes! Game Freak introduced them in XY, it would be such a tease to not see them in ORAS. I would love to see Mega Zangoose, Mega Swampert, Mega Metagross, Mega Sceptile, Mega Milotic, Mega Latios and Latias, and Mega Shiftry. The only reason I'm not for Mega Legendaries is that they're powerful anyways, making them mega seems to make them even more OP.

Years
  • MegaChimecho! It could even have two one Psychic/Steel and another Psychic/Fairy. If one wants one pre post game (considering they bar us from trading with Xy until then) then we'll need to search for on in Mt. Pyre (I recall spending weeks looking for one, not all continuous weeks either).

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Most likely as they wouldn't probably scrap the mega evolution feature this early plus Blaziken has got a mega evolution so it would be unfair if Swampert and Sceptile were left out.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • Mega evolution

If you could ask the Pokemon Company to make a mega evolution to one of your favourite pokemons which pokemon should it be?

Mine would be Salamence.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Personally, I think there are LOTS more Gen 3 Pokemon that could use a Mega Evolution;

Zangoose - has so much potential as a Normal-type.
    Cacturne - Something about it is just awesome to me, though I don't know what...
    Mightyena - Definitely one of the weakest Dark-types ever conceived (in terms of strengths)

Just to name a few...

Years
  • There's something about every Pokemon that makes it warrant a Mega evolution. I don't think anyone has a clear idea on how Game Freak has made their selections so far, so besides a few obvious ones, the rest are a toss-up. I would bet that Sceptile and Swampert are among the Pokemon with new Mega evolutions in ORAS, but if there's any others, it's going to be hard to determine until they're actually announced. I'm hoping we get a Mega Salamence and a Mega Zangoose/Seviper, myself.

Years
  • Mega Metagross should be made too. Then XY (well X) and OrAs will have given two pseudo's megas. Mega Dragonite can come in 'Z'. Mega Metagross will proably have either analytic or levitate. Or keep Clear Body like how Mega Tyranitar kept Sandstream. Mega Salamence will proably get something like Moxie. Maybe Aeriate seeing how it lacks flying moves but has several normal ones.

GF said they look at three things: one was aesthetics, another was balance, and the third was popularity irc. Salamance and Metagross are both popular. Also a Mega Salamence will balance out MegaGarchomp (though tbh MG isn't a very good mega...) and vice versa, while Metagross and Tyranitar balance off one another too.

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
  • If other starters got MEvos, why did they introduce Blaziken first?

Is it to tease fans that the remakes will get the other two, or are their MEvos part of the new plot?

A story that also involves your starter would be clever

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that Mega Blaziken was created in Pokémon XY because of its popularity. I predict and hope to see Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile in Pokémon ORAS to even the startes out. I think this will happen because All Generation 1 starters have their mega evolutions so why not extend it to Generation 3?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I would tend to ask the same question. Why weren't the other two Megas for the Generation Three starters added? The starters are meant to be a coherent trio and giving one a change and not the others doesn't make much sense. It's kind of like how Jynx was implied to be a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz but didn't receive an evolution alongside them in Generation Four.

My main guess is popularity. I can't see why Blastoise and Venusaur didn't get two Megas when Charizard did other than popularity. I find it kind of annoying, honestly.

Years
  • I really hope that all starters and all pseudo legends will Mega-evovle :)

Because they're two special groups of Pokemon

In ORAS, i would love to see more Sinnoh and Unova pokemon will Mega-evovle 'cause no Pokemon from Unova gets one. I don't think Gamefreak will give pokemon from Kalos Mega-evolutions since they're kinda new to everyone :3 But who knows, we may see Mega Greninja in ORAS :))

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Mega Metagross should be made too. Then XY (well X) and OrAs will have given two pseudo's megas. Mega Dragonite can come in 'Z'. Mega Metagross will proably have either analytic or levitate. Or keep Clear Body like how Mega Tyranitar kept Sandstream. Mega Salamence will proably get something like Moxie. Maybe Aeriate seeing how it lacks flying moves but has several normal ones.

GF said they look at three things: one was aesthetics, another was balance, and the third was popularity irc. Salamance and Metagross are both popular. Also a Mega Salamence will balance out MegaGarchomp (though tbh MG isn't a very good mega...) and vice versa, while Metagross and Tyranitar balance off one another too.

I agree with you on this, Mega Metagross seems to be plausible on account on the three things you said so I hope we get them in ORAS. I kinda hate how GF looks at popularity as they are giving buffs to Pokemon that simply dont need em. Why not give them to other Pokemon that desperately need them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back