• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    Mega Slowbro looks like it's uncomfortable. It can't use it's legs, it's hands look like they have little mobility and it has to stand on it's tail. The last one looks like it might hurt with time after standing on it for a while and if you got to rocky areas... I think they should have conserved the shellder's tip so atleast it's tail doesn't need to suffer friction from the floor.

I'm pretty sure the situation isn't meant to be ideal at all, as it would it appear the relationship between Slowbro and Shelder turns from symbiotism to parasitism at this point.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure the situation isn't meant to be ideal at all, as it would it appear the relationship between Slowbro and Shelder turns from symbiotism to parasitism at this point.

It was quite parasitic to begin with, as the Shellder wanted/wants to eat it's tail...kind of funny how it's Mega has the tail sticking out of the Shellder shell. It almost looks as if the Shellder is actually now dead with only the skeleton of the shell left behind...

Mega Slowbro's frown makes it seems as if the pain of the Shellder bite finally reached it's brain xD.

Years
  • Mega Slowbro's probably staring at Ken Sugimori thinking, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???" Or maybe it's pondering how it'll get around without getting dizzy, since I don't think it can do anything but spin like a top or roll.

Maybe Mega Slowking's hat will engulf all of its face and the top half of its body to sort of contrast Mega Slowbro's shell. It could actually sort of look like a knight if that happened XD

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I still hope mega mew happens eventually. It stands to reason that mew can mega evolve if its clone can, right?

In fact, it'd be nice for quite a few of the small legendaries to get megas, so they can compare to the stronger ones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    I still hope mega mew happens eventually. It stands to reason that mew can mega evolve if its clone can, right?

In fact, it'd be nice for quite a few of the small legendaries to get megas, so they can compare to the stronger ones.

Mewtwo's obviously not a straight up clone though, is it.

I'd expect they'd be very reluctant to give mew a mega-evolution anyway though, and so would I. There's a simplicity to mew which is essential to the whole idea of it, I think. Not sure if I'm able to expand on that very much though.

I don't like the idea of legendary mega-evolutions anyway tbh, they're meant to be pretty 'mega' already (legendary, even. ahaha) and I feel like it takes more away from that than it adds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I still watn Mega Msmagius and Milotic the most. Mega Donphan could end up a bit like Mamoswine but be kind of a war elephant.

Years
  • Mega Slowbro's probably staring at Ken Sugimori thinking, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???" Or maybe it's pondering how it'll get around without getting dizzy, since I don't think it can do anything but spin like a top or roll.

Maybe Mega Slowking's hat will engulf all of its face and the top half of its body to sort of contrast Mega Slowbro's shell. It could actually sort of look like a knight if that happened XD

I've suggested the same thing. It will look like a hood...though now that I say this I sure hope it's not a pointy one...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Considering that all the non-Hoenn Mega Evolutions aren't from the regional dex, I'm going to pick Dunsparce, seeing that the majority of non-Hoenn Mega Evolutions are Normal types.

I'd personally like them to give this Pokémon an actual evolution before they decide to give it some mega, haha. Either way, if it does wind up getting an evolution of sorts, I'm hoping for it to be dragon-type. This is what Dunsparce was initially based off, isn't it?

That would be simply amazing! Slowpoke line always seems to play defensively, but if they do make Mega Slowking seem this way, then perhaps they could change that, and have it move onto the offensive side?

Years
  • I'd personally like them to give this Pokémon an actual evolution before they decide to give it some mega, haha. Either way, if it does wind up getting an evolution of sorts, I'm hoping for it to be dragon-type. This is what Dunsparce was initially based off, isn't it?

That would be simply amazing! Slowpoke line always seems to play defensively, but if they do make Mega Slowking seem this way, then perhaps they could change that, and have it move onto the offensive side?

I can see Mega Slowking wielding a seven branch sword (that resembles the transformed Shellder). So it'll look like a monarch ready to fight.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't like the idea of legendary mega-evolutions anyway tbh, they're meant to be pretty 'mega' already (legendary, even. ahaha) and I feel like it takes more away from that than it adds.
    That's the problem, though. The legendaries I'm thinking of don't feel legendary.

When's the last time you saw a Uxie or Mew and thought you were actually in trouble?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    That's the problem, though. The legendaries I'm thinking of don't feel legendary.

When's the last time you saw a Uxie or Mew and thought you were actually in trouble?

Yeah, no I do know what you mean. I still don't feel like mega-evolutions are the answer to this though. I'd prefer their stats simply be changed, with no attempt at explaining it away.

The reason they're under powered is just because they're older, right? I feel like they'd just be correcting the mistake they made of not keeping all these pokemons stats making sense relative to each other.

More than anything it's the idea of legendaries that's being damaged imo, and more than anything~ else in the game would I like to keep that intact as the stores have always revolved so heavily around them.
    For me, it really diminishes the ideas I held of the legendaries I've caught in games before mega-evolution was introduced and I simply just don't see them as awe inspiring or special as I once did due to the once accurate story of these pokemon kind of being the most powerful form of what they represent not being so anymore.

(that last sentence might not read very well, sorry, I was having trouble there)

Years
  • That's true, they were meant to represent the ultimate form. But Rowan in DPP said that was only a theory. Sycamore indicates that Rowan had a role in the discovery of Mega Evolution, so his theory seems to have been disproved by himself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    Oh, I've not played DPP. Perhaps might opinion might differ if I did with it loosely working into the story like that. I'm not very sure about that at all really though. Still feels like a bit of a betrayal towards the older games.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    2nd gen I would say Skarmory, Macargo and the starters are the best bet. Maybe even Lanturn. Made a list of possible other generation Megas, and these we're my second gen guesses. Watch us get something like Grass/Fire Sunflora or something like that. Well, maybe that won't be too bad. I think?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Slowbro : How did this happen !!!

I could see Donphan for gen 2.

Please no , That thing need an actual permanent evolution

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Mega Slowbro was officially revealed by Junichi Masuda and the official Pokemon twitter pages. Revealed during the world championships.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Slowbro : How did this happen !!!

Please no , That thing need an actual permanent evolution

Well if pokemons like Lopunny, Mawile, Sableye, Houndoom, etc. got a mega I kind of think most of the pokemons will get a mega instead of an actual evolution. Eevee is the only one to get a new evolution without it being a mega. It seems Game Freak will make new pokemons with a bunch of megas and pre-evo with an eeveelution in the future.

Years
  • I sure hope not. I'll like next generation to be another Sinnoh in terms of normal evolutions (and pre).
    Eevee seems to take a break in the Odd gens (though it was introduced in the first odd gen), so there may be no normal evolutions unless other Pokemon get them during Gen VII. Or they break the Eeveelutions in even generations pattern (it's the only eevee pattern that hasn't been broken, much like the remakes after two consoles after the one they are made in).

Anyways back to ORAS. I don't mind Mega Slowbro as much after seeing it's model move in the trailer. It sometimes regains it's goofy smile.

Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    It felt really awkward watching the video of Masuda unveiling M-Slowbro. Everyone was just laughing.

I'm actually slightly in love with Mega-Slowbro. I like it much better after seeing the 3d model animated, it was nice to see that Slowbro could fully cover itself in it's shell. I actually think the design rather suits it, there has to be some usage of Slowbro's psychic powers keeping it balanced.

I'm guessing some more 5th gen Pokemon are going to be revealed prerelease, I don't think they'd leave Audino as the only representative. Maybe something like Golurk or Galvantula?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back