• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I dont like the Johto Starters and i hope Gf doesnt stop ignoring them, there are more important Pokemon. I dont want every Pokemon to get Megas anyway and the Johto Starters should be one of those, that dont get them.

As many others have pointed out, they most probably will, though. They'll probably get them at the same time as the Sinnoh starters. And what exactly do you mean "more important pokémon"? They're starters. They're about as important as any of the other starters.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I feel GF should get at least five of the six set of starters Megas done before this generation ends. We already have two sets down. I think ORAS should do another set (hopefully Johto) and Z another in addition to Mega Kalos starters. Or perhaps we'll get only four sets (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Kalos), with Sinnoh's appearing in their remakes.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I feel GF should get at least five of the six set of starters Megas done before this generation ends. We already have two sets down. I think ORAS should do another set (hopefully Johto) and Z another in addition to Mega Kalos starters. Or perhaps we'll get only four sets (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Kalos), with Sinnoh's appearing in their remakes.

I heard that Kalos pokemon won't get any megas, at least for this generation.

Years

I heard that, too, and Diancie got a Mega o: Then again, it wasn't announced at the time that statement was made, and given how it's a gift Pokemon, I'd say it's an exception.

Anyway, I don't want more than four or five of the starter sets receiving Megas this gen. I definitely want the Johto and Unova starters to receive Megas before Gen. VII, but the Sinnoh and Kalos starters I feel can wait for the next generation. As previously mentioned, the Sinnoh ones could receive their Megas in the DPPt remakes, and the Kalos ones could be given Megas either in the new Gen. VII games (and maybe be handed out like the Kanto starters were) or in the DPPt remakes. If there were five starter sets with Megas in Gen. VI, then I'd prefer to see the Kalos starters get Megas over the Sinnoh ones primarily because I think it'd be cooler if they got theirs for their remakes.

Years

Actually that applied only to XY irc (and Unova Megas had the same deal too but those won't mentioned). Mega Diancie already disproves that. Actually Gen VI Pokemon I'll like to see get Megas other than the starters are Talonflame, Florges, and Zygarde (maybe even Xerneas and Yvetal, and Hoopa, and Volcanion).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Actually that applied only to XY irc (and Unova Megas had the same deal too but those won't mentioned). Mega Diancie already disproves that. Actually Gen VI Pokemon I'll like to see get Megas other than the starters are Talonflame, Florges, and Zygarde (maybe even Xerneas and Yvetal, and Hoopa, and Volcanion).

If Kalos pokemon will appear in this generation, I doubt they'll be in ORAS.

They'll probably debut in the enhanced version/sequels.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Technically Diancie getting a Mega for ORAS means that at least one Kalos Pokemon will be getting one in these games. Thus Kalos Megas are debuting in ORAS.

Well, that one is an event. Yes it is a Kalos pokemon, but I think it is an exception.

If the Kalos starters got megas and maybe you can get them in ORAS... That'll be nice. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    This isn't really in reply to any other post in here, or following the current line of conversation at all, but it's something that's been going round my head and I felt like putting it down somewhere. And so, with that said:

--------------------------

I haven't learnt much at all about mega-evolution yet because I really just haven't been very interested in it. I'm playing X, although very slowly, and just haven't been pulled into the idea very much at all so far.

I was pretty put-off by it being it introduced so early on in the storyline, and by the fact that you were even given the Pokemon to use along with it.

I was hoping for it to be treated a lot differently. I'd expected it to be something you really had to work for, for it to not seem so lacking in grandiose, and yes most of all I thought what really spoiled it was that it wasn't a pokemon you had already had in your party for some time that you got to mega-evolve and so instead were encouraged (on no small scale) to pick up a new pokemon and ditch one you already had. Something which I already felt was happening too much to much me in X already.

As well, a lot of the first mega-evolutions I saw simply looked like their evolutions that came before them, but made to look 'cooler' or 'edgier' instead of their changes following a logical pattern like their previous forms had.

That said though I really came here to say that some of the newer mega-evolutions I've seen lately don't look like they're going in the same direction as those I've been unhappy with in the past and seem to be following that more logical progression shown in normal evolution.

This, and the fact that there was naturally a greater risk of it seeming like a bit of a heavy-handed addition to the tried and tested style of play that Pokemon than I think there will be in these remakes now that the introduction is out of the way, gives me hope that it might be being handled much better this generation.

Is there anyone else who's also hoping for it to be treated a little differently this time though? Or who feels similarly about the newer evolutions seen in ORAS? Or do you feel quite differently about it?

And sorry if there's a lot of you that do and have already said so somewhere in the thread, I just haven't the inclination to go through all those pages right now and I'm more-so looking for a direct reply to the things said in my post anyway rather than something that sort of touches on similar ground.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    We haven't gotten a 2nd gen Mega yet for ORAS. What 2nd gen pokemon would you pick?

Personally I'd love a Mega Girafarig. It's in the Hoenn pokedex too.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    We still haven't got a debut video for mega slowbro.

Do you think it'll be shown in this week's Get TV?

We haven't gotten a 2nd gen Mega yet for ORAS. What 2nd gen pokemon would you pick?

Mega Skarmory!

Oh I remember Winona's destroy my team in Ruby. Yes, it's not even her Altaria.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    We still haven't got a debut video for mega slowbro.

Do you think it'll be shown in this week's Get TV?

Mega Skarmory!

Oh I remember Winona's raping my team in Ruby. Yes, it's not even her Altaria.

Maybe pick a better word? One that isn't so gross?

I can't decide really, a lot of Johto Pokemon fall into the "unexpected mega" category, I'd like to see Mega Granbull, Qwilfish, Steelix, Shuckle, Ursaring, Quagsire and Azumarill though.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Maybe pick a better word? One that isn't so gross?

I can't decide really, a lot of Johto Pokemon fall into the "unexpected mega" category, I'd like to see Mega Granbull, Qwilfish, Steelix, Shuckle, Ursaring, Quagsire and Azumarill though.

Edited.

The way Gamefreak gives out megas now seems very unpredictable. At first it seems that they'll give to fan favorites, but now it's apparent that they are also giving unexpected pokemon megas.

A mega xatu sounds good too. It could certainly benefit.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd like to see Mega Johto starters. Mega Feraligatr with Sheer Force, please! Or at least release Sheer Force for the thing already Game Freak.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I can't believe I forgot Mega Xatu, that would be another great one.

They should throw Corsola a bone and give it a mega. It could be Water/Steel and maybe have the Bulletproof ability?

I feel sad for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen fully evolved pokemon with under 400 base stats, if you look you see that trend ended in the 5th gen.

Years
    If we were to get a Gen. II Mega for ORAS, I'd like it to be Kingdra, 'cause then it'd mean most, if not all Dragons in Hoenn will have some kind of form. (Still hoping there'll be a Mega Flygon, and I doubt Primal Rayquaza won't happen.) Would also like to see a Mega Steelix; it's one of my fave defensive Pokemon; imagine it getting a boost in Attack and/or Special Defense!

Years
    If we were to get a Gen. II Mega for ORAS, I'd like it to be Kingdra, 'cause then it'd mean most, if not all Dragons in Hoenn will have some kind of form. (Still hoping there'll be a Mega Flygon, and I doubt Primal Rayquaza won't happen.) Would also like to see a Mega Steelix; it's one of my fave defensive Pokemon; imagine it getting a boost in Attack and/or Special Defense!

I would like Mega Steelix to be Steel/Dragon. You know, if they did that it'll be in the same situation as Mega Altaria who lost both the types it had in it's basic stage when Mega evolving.

Mega Skarmory would be cool. Maybe Mega Mantyne too.
    Mega Xatu would also be cool too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Considering that all the non-Hoenn Mega Evolutions aren't from the regional dex, I'm going to pick Dunsparce, seeing that the majority of non-Hoenn Mega Evolutions are Normal types.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Mega Skarmory is plausible, not only is it a heavily-used Pokémon in Hoenn, it is actually a 2nd Generation Pokémon which would suit a Mega Evolution IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back