• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Slowbro

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • Mega Slowbro looks really cool and all but I really wish it could learn rapid spin.

Mega Slowbro is the embodiment of Mega Evolution. It takes the next natural step, with no compromises whatsoever. Is the design completely daft? Absolutely. But that is the charm about it, daft Pokemon deserve to become more daft. I love it.

It does end up losing its regenerator ability which is one of the main reasons you would throw Slowbro on a competitive team.

Years
  • It does end up losing its regenerator ability which is one of the main reasons you would throw Slowbro on a competitive team.

The thing is you can delay the Mega Evolution and then use it when you need to. It's like how Mega Sharpedo users sometimes start with Protect to get a Speed Boost off and then Mega Evolve.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Mega Slowbro looks really cool and all but I really wish it could learn rapid spin.

It does end up losing its regenerator ability which is one of the main reasons you would throw Slowbro on a competitive team.

Rapid Spin would make so much sense, though it wouldn't make much sense for its normal form. But who knows, now that Mega Slowbro is a thing maybe we'll get Rapid Spin Slowbro some time in the future :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    Rapid Spin would make so much sense, though it wouldn't make much sense for its normal form. But who knows, now that Mega Slowbro is a thing maybe we'll get Rapid Spin Slowbro some time in the future. DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO QUOTE

Why does it make sense for Mega slowbro to have rapid spin

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Why does it make sense for Mega slowbro to have rapid spin

Mega Slowbro

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Despite the goofy design and expression, it is a great Pokemon. People are criticizing its Ability and calling it useless, I disagree. With Shell Armor, Mega Slowbro can take its time to set up and slowly wreck a team while looking the losing party with this face.

Spoiler: Warning, not a face of mercy!
    Mega Slowbro

Years
  • What do you think of Mega Slowbro?
    It's pretty awesome! It's like a slowpoke that got battle armor.

Do you like it more or less than its non-mega forme?
    I'd have to go with less. Slowbro looks cooler than M-Slowbro. They should have given it a lightsaber or something.

How do you feel about its design?

Like I said earlier, it reminds me of battle armor. Kind of wish they would have given it more spikes.

Do you expect that Slowking will get a Mega too in the near future?
    Eventually. ORAS was mainly gen 1 megas so I expect Slowking in the next batch.

Have you used it on your in-game team at all?
    Yes! It worked fairly well against the E4.

Do you have any other thoughts to share?
    While I like its look, it will never look cooler than gen 1 Slowbro sprite.
    Mega Slowbro

I love the detail on Shellder. Although, I use to think it was attached to Slowbro's crotch.

Back