• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Meloetta to be released internationally

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Meloetta is a flawfree Pokémon in all ways, shapes and formes -- quite literally. Lessers will deal and use her effectively and thank them for gracing us with such perfection!

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Been waiting a while to get Meloetta, so I was pretty excited to hear this. :) Really hope it's by Mystery Gift, since I discovered I can actually get things from wifi now!

Years
  • Yey Meloetta -clapclap-
    I love it/her (I have no idea why they would render her genderless; she's obviusly female! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! -face dropkick-), she's very pretty and can learn some devestating moves. She's just a wonderful idea of a pokemon to be honest. I'm hoping for a mystery gift since GS is like a mile away

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's funny how people keep saying "she" even though Meloetta is in fact genderless.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I live in the UK so I'm pretty screwed unless it is distributed through one of these ways:
    (oh and my Toys R Us doesnt do events :/)
    1. Wifi. I will be so happy if it is mystery gifted.
    2. In-Life. Interestingly enough there is one place near me which hosted one pokemon event, it was the Regigigas event in 2009. It's not hosted one since though, so I'm not very hopeful. It's a big shopping centre/mall and they just kinda placed it randomly in the middle of things. Oh and we have no GameStop in the UK.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Because she's a legendary Pokémon without counterpart. ;)
    She is obviously a female and everyone knows that ;)
    She wouldn't have crush on Satoshi if she wasn't female :P

But what about the Legendaries that do have specific genders. Latios/Latias come to mind or even Heatran has a 50% chance of being either gender.

Meloetta being genderless seems to be intentional.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2013
    I have questions I'd want to ask here.

1. Will Meloetta be available for the masses in the U.S.?
    2. When will the Meloetta event happen in U.S?
    3. Where do the USA players go,to have Meoletta downloaded into their games?
    4. How will the U.S players know when the Meloetta event is happening/

I don't want to miss out,or miss my chance to get this pokemon. (feels hyper)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I have questions I'd want to ask here.

1. Will Meloetta be available for the masses in the U.S.?
    2. When will the Meloetta event happen in U.S?
    3. Where do the USA players go,to have Meoletta downloaded into their games?
    4. How will the U.S players know when the Meloetta event is happening/

I don't want to miss out,or miss my chance to get this pokemon. (feels hyper)

No one knows yet, Nintendo hasn't officially released the details of the Meloetta event.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • But what about the Legendaries that do have specific genders. Latios/Latias come to mind or even Heatran has a 50% chance of being either gender.

Meloetta being genderless seems to be intentional.
    That's why I said that Meloetta is without counterpart, that's why she's genderless ;)
    Heatran is irregularity xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That's why I said that Meloetta is without counterpart, that's why she's genderless ;)
    Heatran is irregularity xD

Maybe, or maybe not. Who knows with Game Freak? Game Freak likes to troll their fans from time to time so maybe they are doing this on purpose because they could have just given Meloetta a specific gender and ended all the confusion and yet... Genderless. .

Also, we are forgetting Cresselia she is female and has no counterpart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I absolutely adore Meloetta, and I really hope that it's given out through Wi-Fi. I know some people are lucky to have game stores close by (and they even have a means to get to them), but not everyone is so lucky. I only have a GameStop I can go to, and that's only on the weekends. A wi-fi event would probably be able to cater to more people.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Maybe, or maybe not. Who knows with Game Freak? Game Freak likes to troll their fans from time to time so maybe they are doing this on purpose because they could have just given Meloetta a specific gender and ended all the confusion and yet... Genderless. .

Also, we are forgetting Cresselia she is female and has no counterpart.

Darkrai is her counterpart.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Darkrai is her counterpart.

I'm pretty sure Darkrai is Cresselia's counterpart. Not all legendaries have counterparts and I think Meloetta would fall under that category also.

While I do agree that Meloetta is feminine, officially it is genderless and there's nothing wrong if someone wants to address it at such.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Darkrai is Cresselia's counterpart. Not all legendaries have counterparts and I think Meloetta would fall under that category also.

While I do agree that Meloetta is feminine, officially it is genderless and there's nothing wrong if someone wants to address it at such.

That's fair enough, I guess players can refer to Meloetta however they want. I was just joking really when I made my original comment I'm not sure why I kept the discussion going so long so I guess we can leave it up to the player to decide.

Back