• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Members edit thread titles

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Also the ROM Hacking section, in case someone changes their mind about a name for their hack. It's a pain to then PM a Moderator to change the title.

Also, thanks for the support.

It's not a pain at all. Changes to thread titles literally takes, like,.. ten seconds at most. All we have to do is double click on a blank space in the column for the thread and type in the new thread name. If that's a burden to a moderator on any forum then there's something wrong with your request or their logic, which I know for a fact if you requested to change a thread name for one of your threads with a good enough reason, any moderator would be glad to do so.. especially when there's nothing going on in their forum.

Edit: This is how easy it is.
    Step 1
    Step 2
    Done

Exactly. And as for allowing us to close our own threads, I suggest this because I see a number of threads closed on request of the creator in certain sections. Why not allow the members to do it their self? (It's not like the mods have to open the thread back up) And obviously, if the thread creator is the creator of something like the MOTM or something they can be infracted if they close it too soon, and it'd save the mods trouble because the thread creator can close it at the proper time without tugging on a mod to do so.

That and I'm sure there can be a way to appeal a thread creator's decision to close the thread by PMing a mod. (And if the creator recloses the thread before the mods say it's ok, just hand them an infraction)

The same goes for closing threads. Just tick a box and choose lock is all we have to do. It's what we're here for and one of my favorite things to do. There's seriously no trouble at all for us to close a thread since, as it's been pointed out, that's what we're here for. We moderate every thread in our designated board. Having others would make decisions of closing (even their own threads) would seriously piss off the majority of the moderators.

Even if it IS our aim. We cant always do it. I know it's tough but if we aim to please, it's not harmful to go with the majority. (I'm not sure how many people actually support my addendum but I don't think it should be overlooked)

Okay, so.. we can't please everybody. So, sorry, members locking their own threads isn't going to happen. I'm pretty sure the majority of the members here would love to lock their own threads. There's a horrible ratio on this since the majority of this forum is made of members compared to staff and in the end it's up to what the high staff members decide, as I'm sure you know already.

Back