• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Members you'd like to talk to, but don't.

Aperture

Are there any members around here who you would like to talk to and get to know a bit better, but you don't? And if so, why do you want to talk to them specifically, and why don't you?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, there are a few members around here I would love to enjoy talking too. But I'm either just too lazy or scared too. Most of the time members of staff. But yeah, I do eventually talk to most people around here eventually and enjoy doing so.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Everyone. I've tried talking to a bunch of people, but the conversations always end after one or two messages. Maybe it's my fault... I dunno. =/

Even my extremely unsubtle (Apparently, that's a word.) hints haven't gotten anyone to talk to me either. =/

Spoiler:

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Seeing as I'm a new member, pretty much everybody. I've talked to maybe four people here. three of which I already knew. I guess I should try and start some conversations, but I'm always afraid I'd say the wrong thing. You all seem like nice people, so I'd like to make friends with some of you.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I suck at starting conversations, so people that usually vm or pm are the ones that initiate the conversation(how sad). I'd honestly talk to anyone if I had something worthwhile to say, but conversational starters aren't my thing.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Yes, some, but not a lot. D:
    Maybe they don't have their VM's open, and I most certainly do not want to give them a random PM trying to start a conversation...

Ayselipera

Everyone I wanted to talk to I have spoken to. Which is nice since I always hated that drawn out period of awkwardness when I wanted to talk to someone on here, but didn't know what to say.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I really don't go around looking for members I want to talk to, but don't. If I want to talk to someone, I'll talk to them. No reason to really be intimidated by it all or hold back at speaking to them. I've found most people are very communicative here when you approach them. Though, that could just be because of my name and nothing else. I don't have a problem starting a conversation, since I find I'm usually the one carrying the conversation for quite a hand few of people I speak to.

Years
  • I'll talk to a member if I feel like it. I'm not very open to much conversations unless you start to interest me and I feel as if we connect somehow.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Well, there's nothing really "taboo" about talking with new people, so on good days, like today, I usually talk with new people I haven't met / don't talk with frequently; or people who would like to chat with me.

Why do I?
    IDK really; there's no "real" reason I do it, I just do.

Sooo yeah, I like talking with everyone basically~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    If I want to talk to a member I'll talk to them directly, no sense in just waiting around for them to talk you.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes, there are some member who I want to talk to, but I just don't. XD

I guess I just never get around to it, idk :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'd like to talk to people more. Although I have a large friend list, I never really contact my friends via VM or PM.

Hopefully the Get-Together will get me some more friends around here.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I'd like to talk to pretty much every staff member (especially H-Staff) but the only one I regularly converse with is giradialkia and I didn't get to know him until after I was promoted. Then there are those members who are on every day and have ginormous post counts. I feel like I should at least get to know them because I see them online all the time but I get the feeling I wouldn't get along with most of them.

I guess my main reason for not being more social is that I'm afraid I won't have anything interesting to say or that I'll say the wrong thing. In my mind, it's safer to say nothing.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    There are a few members I'd like to talk to/have tried to talk to, but the conversations are either short, or I get no response at all. I mostly just think it's because they think I'm annoying or bothersome, so I try not to talk to that member anymore so I don't feel like I'm annoying them...

Years
  • I'd like to have something to talk about with a lot of people since there are lots of nice people here I've never (or very briefly) spoken with, but I'm not that great with small talk so if there's not an opening, not something we could talk about, I don't want to be the one to start a conversation.

Years
  • I don't have a problem starting a conversation, since I find I'm usually the one carrying the conversation for quite a hand few of people I speak to.

I guess I'm an exception since supposedly all I do is spam your wall.

Anyway, I'm not afraid of anyone on here and I do drift around and try to start a conversation with random people but half the time, I get ignored V______V

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm typically a sociable person here. If there's anything I've learned with all my time here is that I don't have to be intimidated by anyone. Normally if there's someone I'd like to say something to I would do it. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean I go looking for people to talk with. Most of the time though, I'm keeping up a conversation with friends I already know or having a conversation with someone I recently met.

Back