• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. The best you can do is have your friend bring his save file on a flash drive and use TGB Dual to battle on the same PC.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. The best you can do is have your friend bring his save file on a flash drive and use TGB Dual to battle on the same PC.
I'm pretty sure netplay is possible, but the problem doesn't really come up much with GB ROMs. Newer DS emulators can link to Wifi and Project64 has a netplay plugin in the making, so it wouldn't be a surprise if there was ever a GB/GBA netplay option in future versions of VBA or something.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I erase a saved file without having to start a new game? I know it's possible cause I got Pokemon Gold used and the battery's good in it, but it looks like it hasn't been played cause there was no saved game on it. Yet the game's not brand new. It's been played before. And I don't think someone would go though the trouble of buying a new battery if there selling it.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
There's usually a button combination that you can press at the title screen that deletes saves, it's something like Start, Select and A.
EDIT: On Yellow it's Select, B and Up. Start and A makes no sense in retrospect.

Last edited:

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
I have 2 Gameboy Advance consoles and copy of pokemon red and blue. Question is, can i link battle/trade? If so, what cable do i need?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I have 2 Gameboy Advance consoles and copy of pokemon red and blue. Question is, can i link battle/trade? If so, what cable do i need?
Of course you can! Get any link cable that is compatible with GBA and it will work. It'll look like this: link but some of them will only have two ends. Just search for 'GBA link cable and you'll find what you need.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Actually, that's incorrect. You would need two older Game Boys and the corresponding link cable to those systems. GBAs and their cables aren't able to link older games together. However, there are some third party cables that somehow support older games, despite being for GBA. You could hunt those.

If Myrrhman is right though (cause last time I tried linking old games with my GBA, it didn't work from what I remember), let me know cause I'd love to trade with my older games lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Really? I could have sworn that I linked my GBA (with Blue Cartridge in it) with my SP (with Silver in it) and that exact GBA cord...

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
I recently bought a copy of Blue from the local thrift store. He allowed me to test it on one of the GBCs for sale, and it worked just fine. So I bought the catridge and forgot about it for a month or two. Recently I found it, and it was still in the little protector case. Earlier today I went to play it in my GBA, and it wouldn't load. It would get to the 'Gameboy' screen, and the Nintendo was a little glitchy. Then, it would just freeze. I rebooted it several times and blew into the game and the Gameboy, but it didn't work! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I recently bought a copy of Blue from the local thrift store. He allowed me to test it on one of the GBCs for sale, and it worked just fine. So I bought the catridge and forgot about it for a month or two. Recently I found it, and it was still in the little protector case. Earlier today I went to play it in my GBA, and it wouldn't load. It would get to the 'Gameboy' screen, and the Nintendo was a little glitchy. Then, it would just freeze. I rebooted it several times and blew into the game and the Gameboy, but it didn't work! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?

It sounds like the game is just old and glitchy. Do other games work in the GBA?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

Like what vaporeon7, I also think that the game is just old.
I think you got to buy a new one. Maybe you can get a refund, but I don't think so as you bought it a few months ago.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
If it's the cartridge try taking a Q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and cleaning the contacts. I do that on my old NES games and it works great!

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
If it's the cartridge try taking a Q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and cleaning the contacts. I do that on my old NES games and it works great!

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!

And yes, other GBC games do work on the GBA. In fact, I just played a few hours on my Red, so it can't be the system.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was considering having an Espeon with Shadow Ball, but then I remembered Eevee learns Bite at 30, so should I have Bite instead of Shadow Ball on Espeon? Only reason I'm asking is because Bite is still a special attack in Gen II, while SB is still physical. Obviously Espeon isn't a physical attacker, but Bite only has 60 base power as opposed to SB's 80. So...obviously big difference. Yeah. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I was considering having an Espeon with Shadow Ball, but then I remembered Eevee learns Bite at 30, so should I have Bite instead of Shadow Ball on Espeon? Only reason I'm asking is because Bite is still a special attack in Gen II, while SB is still physical. Obviously Espeon isn't a physical attacker, but Bite only has 60 base power as opposed to SB's 80. So...obviously big difference. Yeah. Thanks in advance!
I would say yes to Bite. Shadow Ball may be stronger for someone else, but with Espeon's bordeline godly special attack, Bite's 20 BP difference is made up to some extent. Not only that, but you're able to hit a lot more Pokemon with it. (lol only one type)
But still, I would say Bite.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Okay, I have the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal. I'm at Goldenrod, and I'm wondering how I get the Egg Ticket to redeem for the Odd Egg. I've tried searching for it, but I've not found a definite answer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Okay, I have the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal. I'm at Goldenrod, and I'm wondering how I get the Egg Ticket to redeem for the Odd Egg. I've tried searching for it, but I've not found a definite answer.
From what I'm reading, you actually get the ticket from the Daycare man himself. Then, you take the ticket to the PCC in Goldenrod City (which is the larger Pokemon Center) and bring it to the trading center inside. There, the ticket can be traded for an Odd Egg, which contains a random, shiny, baby Pokemon which knows Dizzy Punch.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
From what I'm reading, you actually get the ticket from the Daycare man himself. Then, you take the ticket to the PCC in Goldenrod City (which is the larger Pokemon Center) and bring it to the trading center inside. There, the ticket can be traded for an Odd Egg, which contains a random, shiny, baby Pokemon which knows Dizzy Punch.
I read that too, but I didn't get it when I talked to him, which left me very confused.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I read that too, but I didn't get it when I talked to him, which left me very confused.
Have you maybe received the ticket without noticing? Have you spoken to the Trading Center inside of the PCC. Maybe you have it and just don't realize it, since it's in Japanese, unless you can read Japanese and know you don't have it, in which case it may be a bug within the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back