• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

metal music?

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I like alotta metal.
    (Not so much the new stuff such as Children of Bodom, Slipknot, etc. Although Slipknot was chill when I met them at Ozzfest.)
    Pretty much the newest metal band I listen to is Pantera. Metallica's pretty chill, their last album is Master of Puppets. Ozzy was chill.(Bark at the moon and The Ultimate Sin are NOT albums)

Also, does Hair Metal count? If so, I like 80's hair bands WAAAAAAAAAAAY Better than most metal bands today.
    =]

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm not too crazy about metal music. In fact, I hate it. I can't stand it at all. The only metal I can even stand is when Linkin Park does some.

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    Metallica's pretty chill, their last album is Master of Puppets.
    =]

actually there last album is death magnetic. which i just recently got, loved it, even though half the songs are rather long.
    It really brought back their old material but with a mixture of newer stuff

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I like alotta metal.
    (Not so much the new stuff such as Children of Bodom, Slipknot, etc. Although Slipknot was chill when I met them at Ozzfest.)

Dude, Children of Bodom aren't "new." They formed up in like, 1993 XD;

Same with Slipknot; their first album, I believe, was released in 1999. I used to like them, but now that I look back, I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, Iowa was...okay, but I hated Vol. 3. Their stage outfits are among the most ridiculous I have ever seen (standing right there beside ICP and GWAR :'D), and their music just...isn't really that good, imo. I'm not sure why they've become so popular lately =/

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    There are two people in this world.
    DragonFail(Force) supporters, or Metallica supporters.
    I am a Metallica supporter.
    I listen to metal, like Slipknot, Black Sabbath, some of Ozzy's stuff...

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Aye, I love the stuff! :D Death metal and grindcore (OK grindcore isn't metal, but it doesn't have its own thread here, so.... XD) are probably my favs, but I do love most kinds :D

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    There are two people in this world.
    DragonFail(Force) supporters, or Metallica supporters.
    I am a Metallica supporter.
    I listen to metal, like Slipknot, Black Sabbath, some of Ozzy's stuff...

Amen to you lol, Dragonforce really doesn't do it. They can't play their stuff live, and most of the songs use the same beat and even melodies!

Metallica is my favorite band because of their variations!

Just asking, is St. Anger your fav Metallica album? If it is, I highly respect you. I mean St. Anger is my most respected Metallica album, but not a favorite.

However as a true metal head, I cannot leave out th eother Metal giants. Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer, Whatever...

Not too much Slipknot.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    You guys are lame...D-Force is awesome. Granted, they are more of a studio band, but I love their stuff. Power metal is still metal ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2009
    It is. But they do suck live. I pwn on TTFAF, btw.

So, I am a big fan of Metallica an Pantera and stuff. I like Anthrax a lot too. Theyre good. I also like Dimu Borgir. I just started to get into them but I read in a prior post that I should look at Abigail Williams. Any relation to Bill? Any metalheads in here get the joke?!?

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    actually there last album is death magnetic. which i just recently got, loved it, even though half the songs are rather long.
    It really brought back their old material but with a mixture of newer stuff

No, Metallica's last album is Master of Puppets.
    =/
    Everything after that doesn't count as music.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    No, Metallica's last album is Master of Puppets.
    =/
    Everything after that doesn't count as music.

Oh you did NOT just say that in front of me.

You have obviously never heard th ...And Justice for All album. The entire style of drumming on that album is pure genius! It's Metallica's only album where Lars really shines! JUST LISTEN!
    https://youtube.seeqpod.com/m/09-Dy...92&h=5599f9e4b1cb4453a2ac13737e59e50b9964f875

The Black Album even has a few hits! Any fan of Metallica knows that if there was any song overplayed on the radio on that album, it is Enter Sandman. The album's ballads are some of their best
    songs ever. Nothing Else Matters to me is like another "Fade to Black."
    https://www.seeqpod.com/api/best?m=9509e00d027f8677502f4a8e002d7c5d0baec139

Even Load is a good album! Yes it's the first time Metallica experiments with it's sound, and style, but they do one hell of a job doing it. Even so, the themes are still in the music, and are pure genius. Hero of the Day is one of my favorite songs by Metallica.

ReLoad. Okay, this may not be their best album to me. But the opening song is enough to get Hetfield, me, and any other fan of Metallica seriously pumped.

St. Anger. I don't know why everyone hates this album so much. Yes the production is horrible (not even in some areas), there are barely any solos, and James gets off key in some areas, but to me, NONE OF THAT MATTERS. This album is my most respected Metallica album, because if you really look at that album as I have, you'll see that it is easily their darkest album yet. I mean, WAY MORE darker than anything Master of Puppets can conjure up. St. Anger is like a huge album based on the mind's sanity or constant search on life.

Death Magnetic. The fans who say this album's production sucks should seriously just stop listening to Metallica. You guys are way too demanding of Metallica now. This album was a HUGE improvement! This brought Thrash Metal back into Metallica's picture! And what makes me so happy about this album, BOB ROCK DIDN'T PRODUCE IT!!!!!! Have you even heard this album? I swear if Cliff Burton never joined this band, Robert Trujillo would be their best bass player ever! His sound is unbelievable! The solos are amazing, the vocals have the aggression back in them, and the drums are on tempo! This is Metallica's rebirth of the golden age! This album was number one on the charts around the world for three straight weeks! No album has ever done that before! And you say it sucks....
    https://www.seeqpod.com/api/best?m=52d415b3ee6d467641b42379a87b8faac61bdd6c

Seriously if you say Master of Puppets is their last good album, you honestly don't know enough about Metallica's music. Yes Master of Puppets is one pretty good album, but there's so much more to Metallica! Yes it's the heaviest album in the history of Metal, but Metallica may be on the verge of making an even better album, I wouldn't doubt it since they have made such a good reputation with Death Magntic, and they now have the best producer of our time with them, Rick Rubin (famous for producing with Slayer). Am I saying I hope they do this? Yes and No. I love Master of Puppets, but I would like to see Metallica gain the fan base it had so long ago. A band that no longer has it's "Their-Older-Stuff-Was-Better" fans!

Metallica is the Best Metal Band of all time. They will rock no matter how much crap is thrown their way.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Of course! It's what wakes me up in the morning and what makes my night wild. =)

Some of my favorite bands are (in order):

•DragonForce
    •Ac/Dc
    •Metallica
    •As I Lay Dying
    •Megadeth

There are a few left, but I choose not to post them. I'm not into Slipknot.

Years
    I am a huge fan of metallica. Always have but in no way was St. Anger a good album. Everything was off: drums, guitar, vocals. It was made with such anger and that was its downfall. Blah

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    Oh you did NOT just say that in front of me.

You have obviously never heard th ...And Justice for All album. The entire style of drumming on that album is pure genius! It's Metallica's only album where Lars really shines! JUST LISTEN!
    https://youtube.seeqpod.com/m/09-Dy...92&h=5599f9e4b1cb4453a2ac13737e59e50b9964f875

The Black Album even has a few hits! Any fan of Metallica knows that if there was any song overplayed on the radio on that album, it is Enter Sandman. The album's ballads are some of their best
    songs ever. Nothing Else Matters to me is like another "Fade to Black."
    https://www.seeqpod.com/api/best?m=9509e00d027f8677502f4a8e002d7c5d0baec139

Even Load is a good album! Yes it's the first time Metallica experiments with it's sound, and style, but they do one hell of a job doing it. Even so, the themes are still in the music, and are pure genius. Hero of the Day is one of my favorite songs by Metallica.

ReLoad. Okay, this may not be their best album to me. But the opening song is enough to get Hetfield, me, and any other fan of Metallica seriously pumped.

St. Anger. I don't know why everyone hates this album so much. Yes the production is horrible (not even in some areas), there are barely any solos, and James gets off key in some areas, but to me, NONE OF THAT MATTERS. This album is my most respected Metallica album, because if you really look at that album as I have, you'll see that it is easily their darkest album yet. I mean, WAY MORE darker than anything Master of Puppets can conjure up. St. Anger is like a huge album based on the mind's sanity or constant search on life.

Death Magnetic. The fans who say this album's production sucks should seriously just stop listening to Metallica. You guys are way too demanding of Metallica now. This album was a HUGE improvement! This brought Thrash Metal back into Metallica's picture! And what makes me so happy about this album, BOB ROCK DIDN'T PRODUCE IT!!!!!! Have you even heard this album? I swear if Cliff Burton never joined this band, Robert Trujillo would be their best bass player ever! His sound is unbelievable! The solos are amazing, the vocals have the aggression back in them, and the drums are on tempo! This is Metallica's rebirth of the golden age! This album was number one on the charts around the world for three straight weeks! No album has ever done that before! And you say it sucks....
    https://www.seeqpod.com/api/best?m=52d415b3ee6d467641b42379a87b8faac61bdd6c

Seriously if you say Master of Puppets is their last good album, you honestly don't know enough about Metallica's music. Yes Master of Puppets is one pretty good album, but there's so much more to Metallica! Yes it's the heaviest album in the history of Metal, but Metallica may be on the verge of making an even better album, I wouldn't doubt it since they have made such a good reputation with Death Magntic, and they now have the best producer of our time with them, Rick Rubin (famous for producing with Slayer). Am I saying I hope they do this? Yes and No. I love Master of Puppets, but I would like to see Metallica gain the fan base it had so long ago. A band that no longer has it's "Their-Older-Stuff-Was-Better" fans!

Metallica is the Best Metal Band of all time. They will rock no matter how much crap is thrown their way.

ReLoad was the worst in my opinion, Death Magnetic and St. Anger are my favorites, no matter what others think. I love One and Enter Sandman, too.

Back