• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

metal music?

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Drifblim, you've been listening to black metal/death metal. Go listen to some good stuff and tell me metal sucks.

My personal favorite metal bands are Megadeth, Metallica, and Judas Priest. Hell, right now I'm listening to Good Mourning/Black Friday, which has some sick instrumentals.

KILLER INTRUDER HOMICIDAL MAN!
    You see me comin run fast as you can!
    A merciless killer that's stalkin' the streets
    I hack up my victims like pieces of meat!

Come on, you know you want to sing along...

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I'm not saying metal sucks, I just don't think it's my thing. I'm more of one of those bouncing happy types, if you know what I mean. I'm sure there is some great metal out there, but I when I think of metal, that's pretty much comes to mind. XD I try not to judge, though.

Last edited:

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Yeah, and then you probably saw the lyrics and thought to yourself "That proves it. All metalheads are insane..." I remember I let my mom borrow my mp3 player and she found that song and went, "Do you need therapy or medication or something?"

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    *cough* No metal for me. It just sounds like a bunch of screaming, TBH. I'm sure there are lyrics hidden somewhere, but... eh.

dont even say that in front of me, not all metal is like that, thats more metalcore/hardcore/death metal etc etc. which doesnt mean they arent great because they all are IMO

if you dont like the screaming then go listen to metallica, anthrax, megadeth, iron maiden etc and you will see that not all metal is screaming

I personally think there is at least one metal song out there for everyone

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Yup, what drawnvigilance said, there's a metal song out there for everyone. It's like heroin, once you start the fun don't stop... wait, that was Pringles...

My song that got me started was ...And Justice for All by Metallica. It still is my favorite Metallica song. It has like so many phases and who doesn't like a 10 minute song?

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Yes, it is sad but true that black/death metal is becoming rather popular in today's metal culture. I cannot stand death metal at all (CANNIBAL CORPSE SUCKS!), I can however stand a little black Metal.

Dethklok is awesome.

But yes, the old metal, Thrash, and stuff like that, that's the good stuff, you can actually understnad. True theme in music is in this area.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Oh you did NOT just say that in front of me.

You have obviously never heard th ...And Justice for All album. The entire style of drumming on that album is pure genius! It's Metallica's only album where Lars really shines! JUST LISTEN!
    https://youtube.seeqpod.com/m/09-Dy...92&h=5599f9e4b1cb4453a2ac13737e59e50b9964f875

Oh yeah, Okay, AJFA is their last album, though the bass is sooooo shitty in that album.

Anything after that, James' vocals just wreck everything, plus the whole "Bring Napster Down" was totally gay.
    In my oppinion, Dave Mustaine would've been a better match than Kirk Hammett

BTW, DOES HAIR METAL COUNT AS METAL?
    :]
    I LOVE THE 80S!

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    I like tons of Metal

Where to begin:
    Alter Bridge, Andrew WK, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath,Cradle of Filth, Creed, Deidice, Dethklok, Disturbed, DragonForce, Drowning Pool, Finch, HIM, Iced Earth, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kid Rock, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Megadeth, Mercury drive, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Nickleback, Opeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Papa Roach, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Serj Tankian, Slayer, Slipknot, Soil, Sondura, Stone Sour, Stutterfly, System of a down, Suicide Silence, Toxic Holocaust, Trivium.

Just to name a few

And:
    • Slipknot = Nu-Metal, not death metal or screamo as some uninformed people may think
    • Linkin Park = Nu Metal also.
    • Yes hair metal is technically Metal

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    You guys are lame...D-Force is awesome. Granted, they are more of a studio band, but I love their stuff. Power metal is still metal ;D

Ugh, no. I used to be a fan of Dragonforce, until I saw clips of them performing live (I never actually got a chance to see them on stage myself; they never played near my area D:). Herman Li's style of just hitting any note as fast as possible to give off the illusion that he knows what he's doing might sound great pre-recorded (with alot of editing done), but he's supposed to be terribly inconsistent live. Seriously, go look up clips of them on youtube or something if you don't believe me.

Mind you, I was a fan of them long before TTFAF was on GH3. It seems like alot of their fans came from playing that game, and people thinking "OMG IT'S SO EFFING FAST!!111!11." It seems pretty sad to me that the only reason people know good music exists today is because of games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band x_x

If you're a fan of Power Metal, I suggest you check out the bands "HammerFall" and "Sonata Arctica." I mean...Dragonforce isn't the only power Metal band out there, you know :]

I like tons of Metal

Where to begin:
    Alter Bridge, Andrew WK, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath,Cradle of Filth, Creed, Deidice, Dethklok, Disturbed, DragonForce, Drowning Pool, Finch, HIM, Iced Earth, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kid Rock, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Megadeth, Mercury drive, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Nickleback, Opeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Papa Roach, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Serj Tankian, Slayer, Slipknot, Soil, Sondura, Stone Sour, Stutterfly, System of a down, Suicide Silence, Toxic Holocaust, Trivium.
    It sounds to me like you're just throwing out names here. What do you like about each one of them?

Also: When the hell did Limp Bizkit start becoming categorized as Metal? =X

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Ugh, no. I used to be a fan of Dragonforce, until I saw clips of them performing live (I never actually got a chance to see them on stage myself; they never played near my area D:). Herman Li's style of just hitting any note as fast as possible to give off the illusion that he knows what he's doing might sound great pre-recorded (with alot of editing done), but he's supposed to be terribly inconsistent live. Seriously, go look up clips of them on youtube or something if you don't believe me.

Mind you, I was a fan of them long before TTFAF was on GH3. It seems like alot of their fans came from playing that game, and people thinking "OMG IT'S SO EFFING FAST!!111!11." It seems pretty sad to me that the only reason people know good music exists today is because of games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band x_x

If you're a fan of Power Metal, I suggest you check out the bands "HammerFall" and "Sonata Arctica." I mean...Dragonforce isn't the only power Metal band out there, you know :]

I don't care if they suck live, and I'm sure their albums are edited a lot, just like every single other artist's album's. Dragonforce plays technical stuff, so it would only make sense that their live shows will sound a lot different. That doesn't take away from the fact that they're all amazing musicians. I was a fan of them before GH3 as well...It's entertaining music. Why should it matter that it can't be done as well live? TONS of artists can't perform their music as well live, and it'll always sound better on the album.

I disagree about Herman's style. Once again disregarding the fact that they suck live, I find his style doesn't deviate from the melody as much as you think. And even if he does...That's his style, take it or leave it.

I love Dragonforce, and I could care less what they sound like. I've also heard about those other bands you referenced. They're good, but just not as good imo.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    It sounds to me like you're just throwing out names here. What do you like about each one of them?

Also: When the hell did Limp Bizkit start becoming categorized as Metal? =X

Ha ha, Dude, you can't argue with Warface (Vega) on Metal man, unless you're really good at it.

I made a Metal playlist for a friend who was curious as to why I enjoyed Metal music (particularaly Metallica) so much, so I am gonna make him 4 cds. (2 made of Metallica hits because that was the original plan, and 2 of other awesome metal hits, new and old). Fel free to give some inpu on the track listings on any list. I am still looking to inut on the plsylist.

Metal CD Disc 1
    1. Angel of Death- Slayer
    2. Walk- Pantera
    3. Davidien- Machine Head
    4. Bloodrocuted- Dethklok
    5. Highway to Hell- AC/DC
    6. Impossible Brutality- Kreator
    7. Rock & Roll- Led Zeppelin
    8. The Mechanix- Megadeth
    9. Primo Victoria- Sabaton
    10. Psychosocial- Slipknot
    11. Cowboys From Hell- Pantera
    12. Hangar 18- Megadeth
    13. I'm Just a Singer (In A Rock 'N Roll Band)- The Moody Blues
    14. Floods- Pantera
    15. The Departure- Abigail Williams
    16. You Can't Kill Rock 'N Roll- Ozzy Osbourne
    17. (blank) Hostile- Pantera

Metal CD: Disc 2
    1. South of Heaven- Slayer
    2. Ace of Spades- Motorhead
    3. Inside the Fire- Disturbed
    4. Better- Guns 'N Roses
    5. Attack- System of a Down
    6. I Don't Care- Apocalyptica
    7. Testify- Rage Against the Machine
    8. Blooddrunk- Children of Bodom
    9. The Bleeding- Five Finger Death Punch
    10. Criminally Insane- Slayer
    11. The Toxic Waltz- Exodus
    12. Crimson King- Demons & Wizards
    13. Hallowed Be Thy Name- Iron Maiden
    14. Hell Bent for Leather- Judas Priest
    15. Sculptor of Flesh- 1349
    16. Children of the Grave- Black Sabbath
    17. Side of a Bullet- Nickelback
    18. Among the Living- Anthrax
    19. HellYeah- HellYeah

Metallica CD: Disc 1
    1. Blackened (...And Justice for All)
    2. Master of Puppets (Master of Puppets)
    3. Cyanide (Death Magnetic)
    4. Fade to Black (Ride the Lightning)
    5. Hero of the Day (Load)
    6. The Memory Remains (ReLoad)
    7. Frantic (St. Anger)
    8. Some Kind of Monster (St. Anger)
    9. Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
    10. Orion (Master of Puppets)
    11. Seek & Destroy (Kill 'Em All)
    12. Dyers Eve (...And Justice for All)

Metallica CD: Disc 2
    1. Enter Sandman (Metallica)
    2. The Four Horsemen (Kill 'Em All)
    3. All Nightmare Long (Death Magnetic)
    4. One (...And Justice for All)
    5. Creeping Death (Ride the Lightning)
    6. King Nothing (Load)
    7. Fuel (ReLoad)
    8. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Ride the Lightning)
    9. The Unforgiven (Metallica)
    10. Battery (Master of Puppets)
    11. ...And Justice for All (...And Justice for All)
    12. Damage Inc. (Master of Puppets)

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    Oh yeah, Okay, AJFA is their last album, though the bass is sooooo shitty in that album.

Anything after that, James' vocals just wreck everything, plus the whole "Bring Napster Down" was totally gay.
    In my oppinion, Dave Mustaine would've been a better match than Kirk Hammett

BTW, DOES HAIR METAL COUNT AS METAL?
    :]
    I LOVE THE 80S!

hair metal does count
    i dont think dave mustaine would have been better because he would have never started megadeth and started the great band they are today and we wouldnt have the bands they inspired aswell

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Alrighty then.
    KISS, is by far my favorite metal band, yahuh.
    =]
    All of their albums up to Dynasty are awesome.

Pantera used to be a Glam band, ew.

White Lion is pretty badass too.
    The guitar solo in their song, Wait is killing mostly any guitar solo today.

Ratt is okaaaayyyy i suppose, with Warren DiMartini.

Iron Maiden is gay...

Judas Priest...Their first album is Screaming for Vengance...Everything before that doesn't matter.

The Scorpions are a extremely good band with Mathias Jabs.

So yeah, as you can tell, I don't really care for "Classics" like Guns N Roses and Iron Maiden.
    I know what I like and I don't need any sob to tell me any different. :3

SamuraiMaster

Years

Iron Maiden is gay...

WHAAAAAAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT IN FRONT OF ME EITHER!!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN IS ONE OF THE FOUNDATIONS OF METAL! AND YOU SAY THEY ARE GAY?!

THAT'S NOT NATURAL! EXPLAIN YOURSELF PLEASE!

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I haven't noticed anyone mention any good bands in this entire thread so far.

Listen to The Melvins, and the bands they spawned: they are the only true heirs of the gods of metal, Black Sabbath.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    WHAAAAAAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT IN FRONT OF ME EITHER!!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN IS ONE OF THE FOUNDATIONS OF METAL! AND YOU SAY THEY ARE GAY?!

THAT'S NOT NATURAL! EXPLAIN YOURSELF PLEASE!

Yeah,
    They are.
    Look at all their videos, its all this gay footage mixed with their sound stage performances.
    =/
    I like the concept of Run To The Hills....
    But the Video Kills it.
    The guitarist plays a wannabe explorer (I've got a real one, so he gets NO respect)
    Blazing fast guitar solos with no melodic meaning.(WOOOOO!Yeah, way to go guys, way to be original)
    BUT I DO LOVE EDDIE!
    <33
    He's the best.
    But besides that....
    They may as well be Saxon.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I love metal.
    I like to think I'm a pretty big metal head.
    I enjoy bands like Bring me the Horizon, Waking the Cadaver, Dimmu Borgir, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth, Atreyu, Stone Sour, Suicide Silence, Carnifex and Korn.

That's just the metal, of course.

I also do metal vocals (mainly death, but I'm improving at singing.)

Back