• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

metal music?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Any other fans of Carcass about? Or Regurgitate? I really got back into Regurgitate recently - and I'm glad I did! They're incredibly good :D

Years
    Sorry for taking a step back a few pages, but I joined the discussion a bit late.

I like some metal, but I really can't stand it when it turns to screamo. I love Metallica and the earlier Pantera stuff (Cowboys From Hell - Vulgar Display of Power), but when it simply becomes an excuse to screech or just make noise, then it annoys me.

I find Dragonforce a bit corny, with those lyrics and the vocals, but it's great ear-candy. :D

Vortecks

Years
    I read the first two pages and last page of this thread.

It made me cry.

Acid Bath? Corrosion of Conformity? Electric Wizard? Sunn0)))?! Burning Witch?! The list goes on.

Anyone?!

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    Yes i do, my favourite song is "chased into the woods by a rapist"

And to all who say sub-genres of metal aren't metal, obviously they are, because they are the sub-genres of metal, so metal must be in the mix somewhere.

i've really gotten into Job for a Cowboy and whitechapel though

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan of As I lay Dying but I LOVE Children of Bodom. Not so much their newer stuff ("Are You Dead Yet?," "Bloodrunk"), but their first few albums were amazing. I saw them live last year when they were at Rock and Shock. They put on one hell of a show :D

I love COB, I wish I can see them live

anyways Metal and Metalcore are my favorite genres of music

:t354:TG

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I love COB, I wish I can see them live
    anyways Metal and Metalcore are my favorite genres of music
    :t354:TG

https://www.metalandhardcorefestival.com/

Haha, I'll be there. I was planning on going back up to MA for April vacation anyways to go visit my family, and this just happens to be going on while I'm there, 20 minutes from where I live. I haven't pre-ordered tickets yet though, so I'm banking on the idea that it isn't totally sold out by the time me and my friends get there x_x

Also: When the hell did you start coming back here? XD

XXXBurningStarIV

Yo dawg I herd u liek memes
    Years
    I love Soilwork which is a band that's from the same exact town as In Flames. I'm sure most of you know them. In my opinion, Soilwork is better, but they are similar. I happen to like Soilwork better though because
    1) Bijork has an amazing voice and can scream, or he can sing in beautiful tones.
    2) In Flames doesn't seem to have any rhythm. At least to me. They seem like they don't know what to do at the end of a riff and just jump to the next line they can think of.

Eh, just my opinion.
    [I really ramble when it comes to music, eh? =P]

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Of course metal rules! Even this little girl agrees.
    Spoiler:

James Allan Hetfield. 47 owns a multi million(billion? XD) band and makes even boys go damn thats hot. I think. I saw multiple guys do so thats why.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Death by Metal

The Extreme Metal Nation
    Years
    I'm part of the extreme metal nation, anything black metal, death metal, thrash metal or anything heavy and loud, I will listen to, I personally like the death metal bands Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under, they have a good sound. Here's a list, gives an idea. (mainly consisting of rock and metal).

Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Death, Psycroptic, Angelcorpse, Six Feet Under, Immolation, Suffocation, Deicide, 8 Foot Sativa, Judas Priest, Pantera, AC/DC, DIO, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Lamb of God, Megadeath, Anthrax, Carcass, Children of Bodom, At the Gates, early-Metallica, early-Slipknot, Tool, System of a Down, Machine Head, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Static-X, Severed Fifth, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Hate Eternal, Pain, White Zombie, Autopsy, Torture Killer, Black Sabbath, Accept, Motörhead, Twisted Sister, Venom, Deep Purple, Iced Earth, Sepultura, Dream Theater, Slayer, W.A.S.P, Skid Row.

Hehe, huge list. But thats not all, theres heaps more than that on me.

However, Death Metal is something I can live without.

CAnnibal Corpse sucks.

Sorry, but I define that as a disgrace to extreme metal.

Last edited:

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I'm part of the extreme metal nation, anything black metal, death metal, thrash metal or anything heavy and loud, I will listen to, I personally like the death metal bands Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under, they have a good sound. Here's a list, gives an idea. (mainly consisting of rock and metal).

Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Death, Psycroptic, Angelcorpse, Six Feet Under, Immolation, Suffocation, Deicide, 8 Foot Sativa, Judas Priest, Pantera, AC/DC, DIO, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Lamb of God, Megadeath, Anthrax, Carcass, Children of Bodom, At the Gates, early-Metallica, early-Slipknot, Tool, System of a Down, Machine Head, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Static-X, Severed Fifth, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Hate Eternal, Pain, White Zombie, Autopsy, Torture Killer, Black Sabbath, Accept, Motörhead, Twisted Sister, Venom, Deep Purple, Iced Earth, Sepultura, Dream Theater, Slayer, W.A.S.P, Skid Row.

Hehe, huge list. But thats not all, theres heaps more than that on me.

Sorry, but I define that as a disgrace to extreme metal.
    I would just like to say, after reviewing your list of bands: I love you

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh yes twisted sister is great. I love their Christmas CD. Oh come All Ye Faithful has never been better. Also I have problems with some bands. Their songs while excellent and a good piece to listen to sometimes have parts that are so damn catchy and really standout but last only 2 seconds. If only they made such moments longer. I mean for example Sea of Madness by iron maiden. That 10 second long solo is epic from 2:31 to 2:40. Why couldnt they keep it longer. TT^TT

Last edited:
    Back