• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew vs. Arceus

Which one do you like more?

• Mew

Votes: 75 76.5%
  • Arceus

Votes: 23 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • Mew is the most famous Pokemon ever. Really,
    Because, think about it, how many rumor have been based around catching/finding or just seeing Mew in-game?

Plus, Mew was first!

Maybe it's because I played Pokemon from the beginning... but I dunno... Mew is just better in my eyes.

ScarletSuzu

Suwako!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I prefer Mew, by far.

I've always liked Mew - It has a simple design and it's cute.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Arceus.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Honestly, I had no problem with Arceus. So way back when people thought it was a god but it's just a rare, strong pokemon that they didn't understand. People in the real world have done that too, for example the Kracken is theorized to have been based off an encounter with a giant squid.

Now with an event coming in HG/SS where he creates pokemon, it's pretty much confirmed that he is a god, which is stupid and completely kills the unique feel to pokemon. It used to be a simple story where a kid gets a pokemon, gets good at it, and gets tangled up with a group of bad people on the way, and it's now save the world and meet/catch all kinds of godly pokemon that created everything!

Even though it's gamefreak's/Nintendo's fault, Arceus is the embodiment of this stupidity, thus I hate him with an undying passion...

Mew>Arceus

Hell, I like Bidoof more than I like Arceus.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like Arceus for battling and deviantart pics (there's some sweet ones), but Mew elseways. It'd make a better pet (unless you feel the need to god-mod the univarse).
    Mew looks better on paper, and has enough mystic stuff about it that it's perfectly acceptable even when compared.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • hey!, why the most voted is Mew, not Arceus?, Arceus is god of all pokemon (and the strongest), and mew is only ancestor of all pokemon!

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • I voted Arceus. I don't really like it very much, but I like Mew even less, it's just too lame imo XD

Years
  • I like Mew because it is much better to cuddle with then Arceus. And mostly the fact that mew was cool in the first movie.

Silver_Hell

Ocean wave...
    Years
  • Mew is the one that seem more like the most powerful pokemon (ask me but i don't know why, it just look like that to me :0 ). And the First movie was really awesome with it, so I don't know about Arceus, but I really prefer the good old Mew :)

Years
  • Yes, to me, Arceus really is just a crappy Mew wannabe.
    Mew was one of the originals, that's enough for me to choose Mew.
    I think almost every legendary from D/P looks lame. Or at least most of them don't look like Pokemon in my opinion. (Except Shaymin).
    Anyway... 151 > rest

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • To be honest, Mew is my utter most FAVE Legendary ever. Nothing can beat it in my opinion. Mew should have been the original one or something, but whatever, Mew is awesome. It was the FIRST true Legendary! It was the last of it's kind! The only one! (Before the anime spoilt that.) Mew was a Pokémon that you couldn't just catch in the game with out a cheat or a special event.

Mew WAS the ORIGINAL one. Since the beginning of Pokémon, Mew was the original one! Sure it wasn't the creater of the world or anything amazing like that, but if you ask me, Mew should have been...

I guess I'm just a Mew lover, but Arceusis just SO LAME!

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Mew, because I got into Pokémon with the RBY series, so I've always thought of Mew as being, like, "the original one". Besides, the idea of a Pokémon that created the universe is just ridiculous, imo.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • Wait, wait, wait, i don't understand why so many people hate Arceus, although i do understand that it DOES look quite wierd. However, i think that adds to Arceus's uniqueness and the fact that it doesn't look like what you would really expect, exactly the way that we won't know what God will look like. It's DIFFERENT, and i think that makes it look so kick-ass XD

Mew and Arceus are completely different because Mew wins in the cute factor but Arceus wins in the kick-ass factor.

I like both but i think Arceus is just so wicked =)

I completely agree. Personally, I think each Pokémon has something good about it. Like Mew is cute and can learn any TM/HM, and Arceus's type can change if it's holding a plate.

Years
  • Arceus is powerful and pretty neat looking, but I much prefer Mew.
    Idk, Mew appeals a lot more to me.
    It's just one of those super huggable Pokemon that shouldn't be underestimated.:3

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Ironically, that's why I hate him.

It's like Nintendo said "what do we do we're out of ideers what pokemansz should we make the big ledjinderry"
    "O I NO HOW ABOTU MAKE GOD OF POKEMONS/"

LOL xD Here's some art work to go with that quote. Oh and for the record, Mew.

120614462449-1-1.jpg

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Mew is better! Arceus looks so stupid and I don't like those plates, because I don't have Arceus. I can't use them! They are always on my way. Mew looks better and it can learn all TMs and HMs. And it has Aura Sphere (it's one of my favorite moves).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back