• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mewtwo

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    I was going to say the same thing. I for example may have KOd it back then.

so then y would there be a mewtwo in HG/SS if u KO it or catch it 3 years prior to HG/SS??? wouldnt that mean that it goes away??? OR if u just leave it in there...its still 3 years after the kanto adventures, so it could still be in there just sealed up in the cave...in that case, see my other post... it was my understanding there was only 1 mewtwo...ever...

there wasnt a mewtwo in G/S/C so y should there be one in HG/SS?
    just my opinion on the matter...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If I KOd it then its not dead! Anyway, this is redundant anyway. Mewtwo can be in the games because its been established that things are not the same already.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • y would mewtwo be in HG/SS??? wasnt he caught/defeated in R/B/Y?? the Johto region and its happenings are 3 years after the events of kanto...and if im not mistaken, in G/S/C the cave was sealed up...so y would mewtwo be in the game...unless he's in the sealed up cerulean cave and nintendo is going to hold an event that opens it up...

Keep in mind, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres' storylines were wrapped up in RBG/LG/FR as well... And then comes "Easymode Platinum" for the DS with the three birds back, roaming around...

It's very possible that Mewtwo will be obtainable in some shape or form in the HG/SS series. But nothing has been confirmed at all.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If so then maybe these are the last games we can expect to see on the DS. I hope not anyway.

Years
  • so then y would there be a mewtwo in HG/SS if u KO it or catch it 3 years prior to HG/SS??? wouldnt that mean that it goes away??? OR if u just leave it in there...its still 3 years after the kanto adventures, so it could still be in there just sealed up in the cave...in that case, see my other post... it was my understanding there was only 1 mewtwo...ever...

there wasnt a mewtwo in G/S/C so y should there be one in HG/SS?
    just my opinion on the matter...

you're reasonings a bit off :S
    The regi's made a comeback in Sinnoh, with the help of regigigas, and the birds came back in.
    Also, in FR/LG you got to catch one of the legendary beasts that was strong against your starter, and yet all 3 are returning in HG/SS.
    Same can be said for Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, (whenever hoenn is compared to johto) + the Arceus event leading to the creation of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina...
    Nintendo's clearly telling us that theres more than 1 of the legendaries, besides, wasn't mewto just a clone of mew that went wrong or something? so they could've made more than one clone...

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • wasn't mewto just a clone of mew that went wrong or something? so they could've made more than one clone...

Even though the Anime and the Pokemon Red/Blue games were somewhat seperate, I'm sure the only "went wrong" part is that Mewtwo became more sentient and powerful than they had realized, and it destroyed the lab and broke free.

Years
  • The way i see it, every legendary will be available in HG/SS and D/P/Pt without using Pal Park

Mewtwo isn't in D/P/Pt, therefore I have assumed its in HG/SS

It just makes sense really

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Yes; it is another one of those Ash/Red ideas. While one is based on the other (in this case Ash being based on Red), they are NOT the same character and to say/assume that they are is incorrect. Therein lies the discussion; the separation between what is Anime and what is Game.

Ergo, the in-game Mewtwo is NOT the same character seen in the anime. As can be seen and has been discussed about here previously, the backstories of the two, while similar, are not exactly the same. In-game Mewtwo was 'born', with Mew having given birth to it (note that this was written/made before the idea of Breeding and Eggs were introduced). The baby was christened Mew-two, though became vicious. they tried to 'curb it's vicious tendencies' but failed.

As a result of that, we can assume that the Cinnibar Mansion was originally a lab of some sort, or secretly housed a lab within it, and was destroyed when Mewtwo was unable to be restrained, and he then fled to the Cerulean Cave to be away from humans and/or to be surrounded by other strong Pokémon. I believe there is also some speculation as to whether Mr. Fugi owned/was the scientist who studied Mewtwo, and also may have some connection with the sign on Faraway Island, and in turn the Emerald event.

Again, I reiterate, the Anime was based on the games, and NOT the other way around. To assume the two Mewtwo are the same is incorrect. However, if mewtwo is to be in HG/SS, does anybody else think it may have anything to do with the Berserk Gene that one could find outside of where the cave once was in the originals?

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
  • I think the rumour you're thinking of is when SPP mentioned having Lati twins, Mew and Mewtwo in the game, but it hasnt been confirmed.

Then again, a lot of legendary Pokemon havn't been confirmed, so it's still possible that they would make it available, they seem to be trying to phase out GBA games for the DSi

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • If they do open Cerulean cave, it would make sense to put Mewtwo in it. I'm somewhat following the post above because from what I'm hearing a lot of people are throwing away their R/S/E/FR/LG games (or doing other stuff to it) and theres no way of getting Mewtwo

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Mewtwo will most probably be in... in Pokemon Sunday they revealed Mewtwo for some odd reason, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, 3 Beasts, Lugia, Ho-Oh and a bunch of Legends were there. And they are all in HG/SS

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    People saying that there won't be a Mewtwo just because it wasn't in the original: Mewtwo was not in GSC because there was no room on the cartridges for the unknown dungeon. Same reason you got no Safari Zone. Now, that isn't an issue.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Ok I'm back and people don't you think mewtwo will show up somewhere else?
    but still since ds games have WAY more space than gbc games they might open the cave and safari zone etc

(and I never heard a mew rumor)

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • i JUST CHCKED AND ITS NOT ON SEREBI

Check Archrived news july and smewhere it will say : It is also said that Latios, Latias & Mewtwo are available within the game - Unconfirmed

Its not confirmed
    but I remember seeing a video that show that girl pointing a stick at the board that show mewtwo and other legendaries

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Check Archrived news july and smewhere it will say : It is also said that Latios, Latias & Mewtwo are available within the game - Unconfirmed

Its not confirmed
    but I remember seeing a video that show that girl pointing a stick at the board that show mewtwo and other legendaries

THAT was false info that we got out of 2ch. Back when we were trying to sort out what was in the upcoming CoroCoro issue. In that aspect, it is 100% false information. Due to current events though, there is good reason to suspect that Mewtwo will be included thanks to the chart on Pokemon☆Sunday.

And Mew was never talked about at all, I don't know where people got that from, it was originally only Lati@s and Mewtwo, which was false. NOW, Mewtwo has been brought up again.

Back