• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Michael Jackson dies from Cardiac Arrest

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I heard this literally the second I got up. The thing its really hammered home to me, though, is how celebrity obsessed our culture is. It's awful that he died and everything, but BBC news just had fifteen minute report on his life and death, followed by a two minute report on a two year old murdered by a teenager. It really says something about our society.

They probably assume people want to hear more about the celebrity (such as Michael Jackson), I guess..

Deceiver079

*I'm Combustable*
    Years
    It's so sad...Hes like the "POP KING"......
    Me and my grandmother heard the sad news While we were driving to the movies to see " The Proposal"

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I heard this literally the second I got up. The thing its really hammered home to me, though, is how celebrity obsessed our culture is. It's awful that he died and everything, but BBC news just had fifteen minute report on his life and death, followed by a two minute report on a two year old murdered by a teenager. It really says something about our society.

Yeah for the media it's all about money, which do they make more from

On my facebook page I have many "friends" making fun of him with the jokes and such... that's just.... *shakes my head*

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Heh, I watched that. Apparently, a lot of people complained about the BBC 24 Hour News because out of the hour news that loops around, about 55 minutes of it was about Michael Jackson and "other headlines" went through really fast XD

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    lmao. my sis was on facebook when she found out he died, while at the same time on bbc news it said he was still in hospital not yet confirmed dead. 10 mins later it confirmed he was dead, but then my sis was going on about how slow they were.

anyway, I'm not really that bothered he died. this happens, it can happen to anyone. never really liked him anyway.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    lmao. my sis was on facebook when she found out he died, while at the same time on bbc news it said he was still in hospital not yet confirmed dead. 10 mins later it confirmed he was dead, but then my sis was going on about how slow they were.

anyway, I'm not really that bothered he died. this happens, it can happen to anyone. never really liked him anyway.

Wow, that's awful nice of you to post this in a thread that was made in memorial to MJ. I am sure you have just comforted all the MJ fans here with your kind and caring attitude. [/sarcasm]

Guys, ignoring the above post for obvious reasons, I just wanna say that I have really lost it with Perez Hilton now. First off he accused MJ of faking the heart attack, then he tried changing subject to not look bad and now he's accusing MJ's doctor of being heavily involved.

Years

Dude, I know we all don't like MJ.
    And I made the mistake of posting something irelevent in this topic before.
    But seriously, there is no need.

This is a thread for MJ and his fans to morn over his death.
    It is a sad thing when someone dies, and he was a big icon for many people.

He broke down the wall in the 70's and 80's between black and white music. He brought the two groups together under one amazing roof.
    He was a great aritis.

I remember being discusted about his caught case and all of that, but it doesn't matter now.
    He was a musical genus.
    End off.

I wish his family look and my deepest respect.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    You know what I find hilarious? Everyone saying "how could you make fun of him he's dead!" When 15 minutes before the news came out they would've been ready to pull out an MJ zinger.

Her

Years
    • Online now

You may not like him, but give the guy some frickin' respect. Think of all the fans who gathered outside his home, the UCLA and so forth. How do you think they feel?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNz11aIwzjw
    ^ Just a hint.

And what the hell at Perez Hilton? Where does he get off about accusing MJ about faking his own death? What would MJ have to gain from faking his own death anyway, the sick pleasure of millions mourning him? ass

Edit:

Penguin13 said:
    You know what I find hilarious? Everyone saying "how could you make fun of him he's dead!" When 15 minutes before the news came out they would've been ready to pull out an MJ zinger.
    You know what I find funny? You're being an assumptive little brat who can't respect what the world has just lost. Get a life.

Years
    That's funny coming from the guy who said he had AIDS, then didn't!

Anywho, I don't want this topic to start into a flame war.
    The topic is about MJ dying and members giving repsect to him!

If you really want to flame. Flame IRL!

Reactions: Her

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    wow, to those 2 people who bad repp'd me, seriously. you need to:
    a - read my post again and understand that I wasn't being harsh.
    b - get used to it.

like I said, I did NOT mean to cause offence to him, he was an alright singer and had an alright life, but he's dead now. nothing can bring him back. just listen to his music and savour it.

there. don't stress about my comments.

Years
    wow, to those 2 people who bad repp'd me, seriously. you need to:
    a - read my post again and understand that I wasn't being harsh.
    b - get used to it.

like I said, I did NOT mean to cause offence to him, he was an alright singer and had an alright life, but he's dead now. nothing can bring him back. just listen to his music and savour it.

there. don't stress about my comments.
    All due respect, but no one wants to hear that in a maronial thread.

Take it from me. Just, don't post anything here, unless it is for him.
    I know I can't stop you, but you will keep getting -reps and shouted at.

You need to open your eyes and see, this is not the time or the place for those comments.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I,Scream, all you're doing is being a drama llama. This is a memorial thread, so treat it as such. If we want to make a fuss about MJs death, we can. Telling us to get over it is insensitive. What if your sister died and you were moaning about it, and we told you to just 'get over it', and 'it doesn't matter'? Just because you didn't really like him, it doesn't mean everybody else agrees with you.

Her

Years
    • Online now
    I'm sick and tired of reading jokes about Michael Jackson being a "pedophile" and being "99% plastic". Do you guys have any idea what kind of an impact on the world he made? Despite his reputation as a child molester, if it weren't for him, probably more than half of the music on your little iPods wouldn't exist. He influenced hip hop, pop and R&B artists including Mariah Carey, Usher, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and R. Kelly. Ever hear of them? No kidding you have. If it weren't for Michael, Justin Timberlake most likely wouldn't have been in NSYNC, who inspired some artists of today. He began doing professional music at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5, who was one of the biggest groups of that time, who ALSO inspired and influenced many artists of today. Five of his albums are among the best selling albums of the world. He was the first African American entertainer to amass a strong crossover following on MTV, donated and raised millions of dollars for 39 charities, was one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, won 13 Grammy Awards, had 13 number one singles in his solo career--more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era, and had sold 750 million records worldwide (courtesy of Wikipedia). Not to mention the fact that his comeback tour in the UK set for next month had 50 dates set up -- all were sold out within a matter of minutes. Is this not a man of great talent? Should we let one thing that had happened in 2005 (that he was proven not guilty for) ruin everything this man had built up for 4 decades? I'm not counting when he was accused of child sexual abuse in 1993. The case was closed, due to lack of evidence and he wasn't charged. He was a man of TALENT and greatness. Don't you people get it? Everyone says his face was operated on so many times,that his face was all plastic, and that is why it was white. Erm, news flash! He admitted to having 2 plastic surgeries but they weren't cosmetic. They were for health reasons. And people say he "bleached his skin". Again, this isn't true. He was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus. Both illnesses made him sensitive to sunlight. The treatments he used for his condition further lightened his skin tone, and, with the application of pancake makeup to even out blotches, he could appear very pale.(Thank you, Wiki! The structure of his face changed as well; several surgeons have speculated that Jackson had undergone multiple nasal surgeries, a forehead lift, thinned lips and a cheekbone surgery. Changes to his face were, in part, due to periods of significant weight loss. Jackson lost weight in the early 1980s because of a change in diet and a desire for "a dancer's body". (Again, from Wiki. I know all of this, I just can't word it as well.) People will believe everything they hear from the media about him, or anyone. But nobody would believe what HE had to say. And even he himself addresses that.

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight,' people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.'"
    —Michael Jackson

All of these cruel jokes and accusations are what really ticks me off. He was a MAN, people. He has a heart, he had skin, he had eyes. He could see, he could breathe, he could feel. He was a FATHER for god sake. He was a human being, and now he's gone. So what, just because someone doesn't know they're being trashed when they're dead, you think that allows you to trash them even more?! NO! The man is DEAD, people! Open up your eyes and see how cruel you are being! If this was your mom, dad, sister, friend or even someone you just KNEW, would YOU want them being trashed? OF COURSE NOT. He deserves some respect! Let the man finally rest in peace, that's all he deserves after everything he has been through, but all of you are making it worse. Ugh. People make me sick.

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with."

-- Michael Jackson

Years
    I'm sick and tired of reading jokes about Michael Jackson being a "pedophile" and being "99% plastic". Do you guys have any idea what kind of an impact on the world he made? Despite his reputation as a child molester, if it weren't for him, probably more than half of the music on your little iPods wouldn't exist. He influenced hip hop, pop and R&B artists including Mariah Carey, Usher, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and R. Kelly. Ever hear of them? No kidding you have. If it weren't for Michael, Justin Timberlake most likely wouldn't have been in NSYNC, who inspired some artists of today. He began doing professional music at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5, who was one of the biggest groups of that time, who ALSO inspired and influenced many artists of today. Five of his albums are among the best selling albums of the world. He was the first African American entertainer to amass a strong crossover following on MTV, donated and raised millions of dollars for 39 charities, was one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, won 13 Grammy Awards, had 13 number one singles in his solo career--more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era, and had sold 750 million records worldwide (courtesy of Wikipedia). Not to mention the fact that his comeback tour in the UK set for next month had 50 dates set up -- all were sold out within a matter of minutes. Is this not a man of great talent? Should we let one thing that had happened in 2005 (that he was proven not guilty for) ruin everything this man had built up for 4 decades? I'm not counting when he was accused of child sexual abuse in 1993. The case was closed, due to lack of evidence and he wasn't charged. He was a man of TALENT and greatness. Don't you people get it? Everyone says his face was operated on so many times,that his face was all plastic, and that is why it was white. Erm, news flash! He admitted to having 2 plastic surgeries but they weren't cosmetic. They were for health reasons. And people say he "bleached his skin". Again, this isn't true. He was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus. Both illnesses made him sensitive to sunlight. The treatments he used for his condition further lightened his skin tone, and, with the application of pancake makeup to even out blotches, he could appear very pale.(Thank you, Wiki! The structure of his face changed as well; several surgeons have speculated that Jackson had undergone multiple nasal surgeries, a forehead lift, thinned lips and a cheekbone surgery. Changes to his face were, in part, due to periods of significant weight loss. Jackson lost weight in the early 1980s because of a change in diet and a desire for "a dancer's body". (Again, from Wiki. I know all of this, I just can't word it as well.) People will believe everything they hear from the media about him, or anyone. But nobody would believe what HE had to say. And even he himself addresses that.

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight,' people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.'"
    —Michael Jackson

All of these cruel jokes and accusations are what really ticks me off. He was a MAN, people. He has a heart, he had skin, he had eyes. He could see, he could breathe, he could feel. He was a FATHER for god sake. He was a human being, and now he's gone. So what, just because someone doesn't know they're being trashed when they're dead, you think that allows you to trash them even more?! NO! The man is DEAD, people! Open up your eyes and see how cruel you are being! If this was your mom, dad, sister, friend or even someone you just KNEW, would YOU want them being trashed? OF COURSE NOT. He deserves some respect! Let the man finally rest in peace, that's all he deserves after everything he has been through, but all of you are making it worse. Ugh. People make me sick.

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with."

-- Michael Jackson
    Some people might know that me and Libra don't get on at times...
    But that post, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH!

If you have jokes about him, take them some where else. We don't want to hear them.
    You think you might be big and hard and cool about posting them, but you are not.
    The bottom line is, you are making fun of someone who has died suddenly.
    Do what if they haven't lived a perfect life?

Ever heard the phrase, "He who casts the first stone."?
    I highly doubt you have lived a prefect life. So why should you condem this person?

I am saving you the time of day, do not post any abuse here.
    "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all." - applies here.

레트로

Banned
    Years
    Honestly, way to go Libra. Some people are just horrid. Throughout his life he's been ridiculed, spoken about in an ill-manner, and just patronized so much. I find it truly heart-breaking that some people can't even keep themselves under control, during his death. I legitimately hate people sometimes. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-socialite, but I think the species is just downright instigative.. Sure, he was accused of so much, rape, molestation, etc. but just think, was any of that ever concluded to be real? No, it absolutely was not. Also, have you heard this guys music? It's absolutely amazing, no, astounding! So if at all possible, let's try and keep this a time of mourning, and not of ridicule, it's the least we could do. I mean Jesus, I'd love to see you make fun of someone close to you the day they died, wouldn't that just be so peachy? No, I think not..

For a second time; Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson, you'll be missed. May your music live on for generations. <3

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Chris, you are a god. <3

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. How would you like it if you died and people started *****ing about you in a thread that's meant to be a memorial? He was amazing, he was talented, he was passionate for music and he was caring. Why the hell does he deserve all this crap? He doesn't. He entertained, and people loved him for it. He wasn't afraid to be different, and then all of you just go bag on him for wanting to change the way he looked and for something that wasn't even proven. Honestly, Michael Jackson wasn't the only person in the world who had plastic surgery.

Back