• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Midnight Release

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
  • Attention everyone who reserved their Pokemon Black and White at your local Gamestop! I have very good news for you!! :D

This is something I never expected to see, but Gamestop is having midnight releases of Pokemon Black and White! Normally this is only something reserved for hardcore games. (Halo, Killzone, Call of Duty, etc.) While Pokemon is a widely played game, it is still steered towards younger audiences. Maybe this is a sign that Pokemon Black and White is going to do exceptionally well in America, with hardcore and casual gamers alike! <3

Whether this is completely regional or not, I do not know. I live in central Texas, and all the Gamestops in my area are participating in a Midnight release. I am very curious to know if the rest of America is doing so~

So, if you want to get your copy of Pokemon Black and White 10 hours before anyone else in America, you might wanna call down your neighborhood Gamestop! ;D

All phone numbers can be easily found by Googling the city and state you live in, plus "Gamestop".

So, drive, get a friend who can, or keep bugging your parents until they finally crack and bring you to the Midnight Release! :3 Heck, you could even meet some Pokemon fans in the area you never knew about! Maybe someone from PC! :D

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195443403813581&index=1 At participating locations. o3o

Please post if your Gamestop will or will not, where you live, and if you are going or not. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    i reserved mines last week friday and my friends works there and he told me to come down to the midnight release. they'll be having it, with prize give aways and refreshments theres tons of posters in the store advertising the midnight release too

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Unfortunately the Gamestop that I reserved my copy of Black at is only opening early, 9 instead of 12, which is still cool I guess. But I am really jealous of anybody that can get it at midnight tomorrow night.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Mine's only getting a 9am release, bummer. I would have totally went to a midnight release, though I guess the store I ordered from didn't get enough pre-orders for that to happen.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Woo! Midnight release, never been to one :P and probally wont
    The only gamestop near me, is up in bellvue? which is few hours away. So '9' am release :|

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    I'm really crossing my fingers that my Gamestop will be doing one. 9AM's cool and all, but I want this game ASAP. Like RIGHT NOW :D

EDIT: Just looked. Closest one to me that's opening at midnight is 2 states away.
    Use this link: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/pokemonmid/ to look it up if you don't want to call for whatever reason.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm not staying up to midnight just for B/W. I'll just buy it early in the morning. Besides, none of my Gamestop stores are participating in the midnight event anyway.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I wish mine was having a midnight release ='(

I guess I gotta go at 9am on the 6th. I'm gonna go there in my Touko cosplay ^^

Oh my gosh really? I'm going in my Touko cosplay too!

I don't mind mine not having a midnight release I don't suppose, I'm still having trouble deciding what I'll name my Snivy...so the extra time is appreciated.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • The store near me is having a midnight release, but I won't be going for a few reasons.

For one, i'm sure it will mostly be children there, and two, it's not really worth it. At midnight i'll either be sleeping or playing Minecraft. I can wait until 10 tomorrow, no big deal.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • What is going to a midnight release like anyways (for a game as big as pokemon)?
    I mean it's like having to wait on Black Friday?
    I mean no doubt I would do it (if the Gamestops' in my city were doing that); but would I enjoy myself?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    The store I always go to and I reserved from is having a midnight release. I'm pondering if I should go then or not, and I'm leaning a little towards yes because hopefully there will be more of an adult crowd/older teen crowd since it's midnight and I know I can count on many younger kids and families there the next morning. ^^; But, I'm also sick so I might just wait until Sunday, either way it's not a big deal to me I'm just excited it's finally here!

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • What is going to a midnight release like anyways (for a game as big as pokemon)?
    I mean it's like having to wait on Black Friday?
    I mean no doubt I would do it (if the Gamestops' in my city were doing that); but would I enjoy myself?

Back