• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
Years
  • perhaps a silly question but where do I find pidgey? I searched and well don't find. I could have the 2rd and third generation bird pokemon but I didn't want them

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    perhaps a silly question but where do I find pidgey? I searched and well don't find. I could have the 2rd and third generation bird pokemon but I didn't want them

I'm sorry, I meant to answer you this before! =P Pidgey isn't available at this stage, but will be in the post-game. =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    So I've just finished the latest beta and let me tell you that it was an absolute blast. I remember when I played version 1 and you've really come a long way since, in version 2. The choice storyline makes this hack very interesting and encourages multiple play throughs. Overall great work, and I truly look forward to the next release.

The only glitch that I encountered was the New Bora event. After killing the 3 scyther, everytime I would go back to report to the aide, he would give me the next assignment of catching 3 pokemon and right after that the game would freeze. There was also a guy who gave me cut in the surf station but that is minor.

Years
  • This Rom Is the best game EVER. I can't wait to fight in the tournament. Also I really Really REALLY want to become a Breeder so bad because i use to do that for a liveing at my school for a couple of years. Which raises the question. Can Azardon breed. <3 <3 <3 <3

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    that's so cruel! ='( I'll be there for the next release ! thanks for the hint! =)

No problem, feel free to come back if you have any other questions! =)

So I've just finished the latest beta and let me tell you that it was an absolute blast. I remember when I played version 1 and you've really come a long way since, in version 2. The choice storyline makes this hack very interesting and encourages multiple play throughs. Overall great work, and I truly look forward to the next release.

The only glitch that I encountered was the New Bora event. After killing the 3 scyther, everytime I would go back to report to the aide, he would give me the next assignment of catching 3 pokemon and right after that the game would freeze. There was also a guy who gave me cut in the surf station but that is minor.

Those glitches have been fixed for the new release already so no worries on that front for the future but sorry it's a bit inconvenient now! I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed Version 2, and have stuck with it since the days of Version 1 which was even buggier than this one, haha.

This Rom Is the best game EVER. I can't wait to fight in the tournament. Also I really Really REALLY want to become a Breeder so bad because i use to do that for a liveing at my school for a couple of years. Which raises the question. Can Azardon breed. <3 <3 <3 <3

Azradon can't breed in Version 2 (I think? You could try it), sorry about that! The Breeder career hasn't been built on very much yet as it's still so new. That's really cool that you used to do it!

In other news, I've come with an extra bit of information for how the Tournament is going to work. After a lot of revision, I've decided that there will be six rounds instead of the originally planned eight, because firstly eight is probably over the top, and also because it works better for the game's focus in general.

Without revealing too much about who will be amongst the Tournament opponents, you can influence it with a choice. Near the beginning of Version 3's events, Kiana will ask you for your Reference once you become a Master Trainer. If you say yes, Kiana will be accepted into the Championship Tournament and you'll face her in the first qualifier round. If, however, you choose to say no, Kiana won't get to become a Master Trainer, and you'll face your named Rival in the first round instead. Just think about which of their teams you'd rather face! =P It'll also affect the third round, where you'll battle a certain Trainer who is the opposite gender of the rival you chose.

EDIT: Oh, and you'll want to grind for your battle with Champion Atenza. Lots. =)

EDIT2: I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but I also fixed the Pokedex! Yay! Just the entries though, the seen/caught data is still buggy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just coming in with another little update; after a long while of trying to get it to work properly and look halfway decent, the male hero's trainer backsprite has now been fully implemented! Here's a preview of how it looks:

Mirage Of Tales

moety5

Wolf Master
    Years
  • *Slowly claps*

Someone hand this girl a medal. She did such a wonderful job with the player choices, how to cope with them and what not. You have a new follower Avara, one that will remain loyal. Keep it up.

Years
  • I have a question i just beat the Gangs boss and absol ran off and aires (sorry if i spelled his name wrong) said to go find absol. where would i find him at ?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Looks great! Can't wait to use it

Yeah I took your advice about the design of it and I'm glad I did because it looks much better so thanks for that! Glad it's an improvement =)

*Slowly claps*

Someone hand this girl a medal. She did such a wonderful job with the player choices, how to cope with them and what not. You have a new follower Avara, one that will remain loyal. Keep it up.

Thank you so much, that means a lot! I really appreciate your support, it's motivational and of course really great to hear you're enjoying the game =)

I have a question i just beat the Gangs boss and absol ran off and aires (sorry if i spelled his name wrong) said to go find absol. where would i find him at ?

The genetically modified Absol, he should be hiding around the Heather Hill area! Make sure you catch him, or you won't be able to complete the quest. He shouldn't be any more difficult to catch than a normal Absol. I hope that helps! =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How many versions u plan for the hack?

Not sure yet in all honesty! Version 3 is planned to stop pretty abruptly after the Pokémon League event, then there'll be another release after that to fix any glitches. I don't want to be too ambitious but I think after that there shouldn't be too many more releases ( I hope) for the game to be complete =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    This has definitely been my favorite fan made game outside of Pokemon Dark Rising series. The storyline is engaging and well written. I cant wait for the new version 3 the back sprite looks great.

Also I hope the moon stone evo is fixed :) cheerio

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • very soon in the game azradon doesn't obey anymore barely level 21, he does what he wants. It happens with other pokemons too apprently

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2014
    omfg this game sounds amazing and has a good storyline for it also, i know its gonna keep me interested, i wonder what the water and grass starters ar?....

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • omfg this game sounds amazing and has a good storyline for it also, i know its gonna keep me interested, i wonder what the water and grass starters ar?....

There is just one starter,namely azradon. Azradon's type is unknown and has 3 different evolutions based on its stats. It's three evos are azramadon, azregadon, and azoradon. You will have a chance to capture a kanto starter but no spoilers xD

Back