• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misadventures Of Misfits (Pg-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
    Lindsey was about to reply to AJ, but was cut off by Robert's shout. She looked up and saw him being carried off by a flygon. She almost Yelled his name but realized that not only was it pointless, it'd give him away. Lindsey looked back at AJ. "Then why are you so freaked about being called a hypocrite and why do you need to remind yourself that you are seventeen? Look, I knew from the start what's up with you, but I won't say a word to anybody. Okay?" Even if it is rather obvious.She thought to herself.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I sighed as I straighened my hat, adjusting my coat. "It doesn't have to be BOILING water, Toklata." I said, trying not to make contact. "Would you have preferred to stay Robin?" she asked, and I shook my head. "I guess not, what brings you here?" "I chose to tag along. You'd get lost if it wasn't for arcanine, and I don't even trust him to keep you out of trouble." "Oh, lord."

I felt a vein pulsing in my forehead as Robert made his introductions. We walked back onto the ath, and I couldn't help but glare at the other girl. I didn't like people. Of course, I considered robert slightly, if only just barely better than human. His introduction, though... "Hello again Lindsey, and mystery person. This is my Ex-Girlfriend, Toklata. Toklata, this is Lindsey, and someone I don't have the slightest idea about." Honestly, he just HAD to say it like that, didn't he?!

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    OOC: Last post tonight, If needed you can bunny my character til tommorow

AJ glared at Lindsey " I'm not afraid of beign called a hypocrite, Because I'm not one. I don't need to remind myself I'm seventeen. Everybody knows there age, even if they don't act it" He said to lindsey. " I don't know what you think you know, I'm your everyday average adult" AJ said to her and then adding " Anyway-" And then being cut off by a male coming in, AJ remembered him. It was.. Well he didn't remember the name but still...
    " What do you mean you don't know you stupid little brat! I met you at the fountain, before it started to rain!" AJ rambled on, angrily. AJ told himself to calm down and he reached for a doughnut and started to nibble it.

Years
    What came next was just plain uneventful; I just kept battling, and trying my best to get closer to Pewter. How far away was Pewter City anyways? I knew how long it actually was, based on what I had learned about the geography around Viridian, but I never actually walked to Pewter. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever actually left Viridian before until today.

This brightened me up; to know that I was finally moving away from Viridian. It was just me and Slash, on our own, hoping to get to the top. Nothing could go wrong. So, I continued walking and battling. Eventually, I got tired and decided it would be best to rest.

So I found it right to sit right next to a tree stump. Slash came next to me and rested in what seemed to be a comfortable position to my right. Another smile for me.

Why don't you leave?

Oh come on; it was the voice again. Why didn't my conscious just leave me alone already? I was doing fine, and I was going to do fine for as long as I took this journey. Why wouldn't my inside self leave me alone?

Go home; you are going to regret staying. This is your last warning.

Yeah, big deal. A Journey wasn't hard at all; I could take it. The stupid voice was just trying to get to me. Nothing was going to happen. I was fine. I was okay. The rest of my journey would work out just fine. Just okay.

The conscious never came back; it stayed inside, and I could finally sigh and feel better. This was better than being bothered by the voice. Now I just hoped it would stay that way forever. It gets annoying when something inside of you just insists that it knows better than you.

"Well, I'm better than you," I said aloud. "I can take this; I can take anything and everything! I'm a trainer, and I'll be an awesome trainer. I can hear it now; no one will be able to stop me. Battle after battle, with Slash by my side. Right boy?"

Only, when I turned to my right there was a large flash. Then I don't remember a thing.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
    Lindsey had not expected this response. "Look, I know. You know what I know, don't deny it, or you really do seem immature. No big deal, okay?" She then turned to Robert and his apparent ex. The ex gave off the same feel as the flygon. Things, like she'd been thinking before, were just getting weirder and weirder. Absol sniffed at Toklata's feet, and gave her a rather strange look.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    AJ gave Lindsey a strange look, and then summoned his acting powers " I really don't know what your talking about, care to fill me in?" AJ asked her in a voice that said he knew nothing about what she was talking about, " What makes me immature? What am I hiding that you know of?" He went on " I just don't understand..." He sighed and looked clueless, He then turned to look at Roberts girlfreind, " Nice score kid" He mumbled noticing something almost off about the white haired girl, something almost strange, it looked like Absol was investigating her for something. AJ shugged and ate another doughnut.

Years
    Ow, what the heck was that all about? Just a flash and then…absolutely nothing but a pain to my head. Wait, where was I?

I looked around, but the place just didn't seem familiar. Everything seemed to be red. It looked like a room I was in, but whoever constructed it really needed to check back in the physics books. It looked completely crooked and unstable!

And then the hug. I looked at the unexpected embrace, and then I spotted Slash, hugging me. Aw, how cute. Smile number 10,000. Reason number 10,001.

If only everything else didn't have such a really funky nightmare-ish feel, this would have probably been the best things that could ever happen to me. I loved it. So this is how it felt to have a good dream.

Wait, that was it! This was a dream.

Oh wait, no, never mind!

It was too late; I already noted it. Quickly, everything faded, and I was back at the tree stump, Slash lying next to me. I looked around the area. Nothing really happened; just a cute, very short dream. Well, at least that was a good sign; having a good dream as the first thing when you leave your home town for a long time is always a good thing.

But what was up with the flash? It seemed as if the flash was the cause of the dream; really, I didn't feel tired when I had the dream. I just needed a little break, and then get back on the road.

Oh well; it wasn't important.

If only I had listened to my conscious; this was the first in what would become a journey I would wish never happened.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I blinked, suddenly hearing a deep growling sound. I turned to Arcanine, expecting him to have been upset by the absol, but he looked quite calm. I looked over, and Toklata was indeed growling, grinding her teeth at the older kid. "Tokie, no killing. Please, not now." I whispered, unknowingly slipping into the Pet name I used to use. "Shut it." She said, and suddenly, her hand was next to my throat, well within strangling range. "Yes'm." I said. Thankfully, she seemed to be content with just fantasizing with the guy's grusome and painful death. She was so preoccupied, she didn't even notice the absol, which could almost certainly smell her secret.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Chase and No-Name continued on through the forest, although Chase thought he was going to go insane. The constant chatter of the Pokemon of the forest was beginning to irritate him, it was as if he was deaf because several of them were eyeing him as he walked past, making comments about him. Most of them weren't good. He had no idea how No-Name could just let it all go over his head as he walked by.

The two of them soon approached a Sandshrew sitting on the lap of a trainer, who appeared to be either asleep or out cold. Chase slowly walked up to them, carefully gathering his wits to make sure he didn't blow his cover. He remembered that he wasn't supposed to let anyone know, even though he knew everyone could understand Pokemon.

As he got closer the trainer stirred and awoke, and started hugging the Sandshrew. Chase stopped and watched from a distance, smiling, and leant up against a tree trunk. It was moments like these that reminded him of why he became a trainer. From the things the Sandshrew was saying, he sounded pretty happy. He wanted to go up and introduce himself to them, but didn't want to ruin the moment for them.

Years
    "Alright Slash, let's get moving," I said, getting up and brushing any leaves or dirt that may have gotten on me in the short unexpected nap. Slash stood, ready to leave. He looked at me with pleased eyes, ready to knock a couple of wild Pokémon senseless. Or, at least that was what I thought he was thinking.

"Come on; let's find some more wild Pokémon," I said, and he followed me once I started walking. Though this journey had barely begun for me, I felt that I was too alone. I knew that this is how a trainer lived, but the silence is something I didn't want to take. I was glad I had Slash, but I really wished that I had a human companion. Or, at least a companion that spoke the same language as me.

So as we got ready to continue our journey, I fantasized having a companion of some sort to be with me. It was pretty stupid, but things were getting boring. I had to think of something to humor myself.

"Alright, where do you want to go, Slash," I asked, rubbing friction on my palms. Slash made a gesture that seemed to be just about anywhere. I guess the best place to go was to Pewter.

Then in the corner of my eyesight, I saw a trainer. If I had to know one thing about trainers before I left, it was this; when trainers gave eye-sight to each other, it meant battle. I did not know how strong this trainer was, but if he were to come up to me and ask to battle, then I'd take it greedily.

"Slash, do you think you're up for a trainer battle?" I asked, hinting loud enough for the hidden trainer to hear.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    OOC: Very active here! I'm having problems keeping up :) Not a bad thing thro :)

Vicki Termia– Viridian Forest

Drops of water still dripped from the leaves as I began my descent into the forest. In the soft light I could see a few caterpie around the trees, but I ignored them, All I was looking for was a Pikachu. After all, I wanted to be the best rodent trainer. And there was no way I could be one without a pikachu. I grabbed the pokeball with my rattata inside. "Come on out" I said sweetly. My rattata came out in a blast of white light. "Rattt..ta…taa!!!" my companion screeched. "Ok" I said to my rattata "Stay close." It looked it she agreed "Raat!"

I carefully made my way deeper into the forest, checking out for signs of any Pikachu. Time pasted and I hadn't seen a sign of any Pikachu anywhere. I began to feel a little discouraged. I was just about to give up and just head through the forest, when I finally found out. Finally! Now to catch it! Unfortunately I had disturbed the wild pikachu and it had started to dart through the treetops. I gave chase on the ground, trying to catch up. Suddenly the pikachu I was chasing darted in a different direction, and I was about to find out as I went off a steep hill! I screamed as I sailed through the air, hit the ground, feeling an explosion of pain and began rolling down the hill a bit. Darkness consumed me and the last thing I heard my darling rattata crying out.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Chase stayed up against tree, watching the trainer and his Sandshrew getting ready to go. But then Chase heard the trainer say something loudly and clearly. And intentionally.

'Slash, do you think you're up for a trainer battle?'

The Sandshrew replied with something that sounded like {Always!} Chase looked around the forest for a minute, and noticed that there were no other trainers around.

He looked back at the trainer and the Sandshrew, then down at No-Name, then bowed his head and said, quietly enough so the other trainer wouldn't hear, 'Ah, shoot.' He stood up, stretched, then made his way over to the trainer. 'I'm guessing you want to battle. My name's Chase.'

Years
    "Nice to meet you Chase," I replied; "Just call me Rex; it's a nickname I grew fond of." I looked down at Slash. He seemed to be ready. This was going to be my first time actually battling a trainer. I wasn't about to mention that though; if you have a trainer license, then you must've battled at the trainer school. Since I didn't go, this was my first battle. Still, why not bluff it? "I'm a little rusty; Slash however, is ready. Right boy?"

Slash agreed in joy. Did I have to mention my facial expression again? It was pretty much repetitive already. It was something I just couldn't stop; Slash just made me smile. That was cool.

"So, how many battles have you done?" I asked. It was always good to start a conversation before a battle; Slash was getting in his position to attack already. The only thing he was waiting for were my orders.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Chase smiled at Rex as No-Name jumped in front of him enthusiasticly, and said 'I've had my fair share of battles. But it's been ages since I've battled a trainer. Lately they've been wild ones.' Rex and Slash looked like pretty confident trainers, despite their lack of recent battling, so they were not to be underestimated. Chase and No-Name were at a type disadvantage, so Chase just hoped that Slash didn't know any highly damaging moves.

{Just say the word} No-Name said.

'Alright, let's do this!' Chase clenched his fist in preparation for the battle. No-Name lit his flames once more. 'Since I'm such a nice guy, and you're 'rusty' I'll let you make the first move.' He smiled confidently, along with No-Name who braced himself for anything that should come his way.

Years
    "I may be rusty, but I'm not that bad either," I said, confident smile abroad. "Alright, let's do this Slash!" it was at that moment that I realized I had absolutely no idea how I should start the battle. It only took a second to decide what the first move would be, and I believed this one would dearly help me incase something could happen while we were battling. "Sand Attack, GO!"

Slash charged like no tomorrow; it was right when he was at the closest point to Chase's Quilava that he nabbed the ground with his claws and swung his feet in front of it, making a large amount of dirt fly over the Quilava.

Okay, this was a good start.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Chase smiled, 'Let's throw that strategy right back at them No-Name! Smokescreen!' Though blinded, No-Name opened his mouth and let a massive amount of smoke pour out, shielding him from Rex and Slash's view. 'Then let's go with Quick Attack!' No-Name used lightning speed to run towards Slash, but with his eyes still gritted with sand he had his eyes shut and charged right past him. Chase slapped his forehead in disbelief.

No-Name heard it and cried {You try running around with your eyes shut!}

'Turn around and go a little to the left!' No-Name swung around and started heading back towards Slash.

Years
    "Slash, careful!" I wished I could have been more helpful, but not even I, being on the other side, could see where the Quilava had gone. Still, I had to think of something else. So, I thought of the most common thing to do.

"Slash, if you see the Quilava, tackle it!"

It may have been an easy order, but in the mist of the battle, where Slash could not see a thing, it was a whole different story. Unfortunately, Slash was hit at his back. As he was pushed, he tried with any sort of fast reflexes he could accumulate at the moment, and did what seemed to be a Seismic Toss, but not quite, by grabbing the Quilava and trying to toss it away.

Note on trying, as in, failing, and slipping, having both fall to the ground.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Chase could just see Slash and No-Name as the smoke eventually cleared up. It seemed to him that Slash had tried a Seismic Toss but failed and caused both of them to fall to the ground. Perfect, Chase thought, let's see what he thinks of this one.

'No-Name! Use Flame Wheel on Slash while you're still down!' No-Name let all his energy rise to the surface of his fur and soon he was engulfed in a ball of fire, while still in contact with Slash who was also caught in the flames. It's a good thing the smoke cleared up... Chase thought to himself once again.

Around the field of the battle he heard several more cries of Pokemon, {What are you doing?}

{That's lame!}

{You've gotta be kidding me!} Chase was starting to get a little distracted, as he put all of his energy into concentrating on the battle.

Years
    Well, the good news was the smoke seemed to clear up. The bad news was that I found Slash on the ground with the Quilava, and then the order from Chase only seemed to make said situation worse. Uh oh, now what?

Fortunately, I didn't have to think to hard. Instead, Slash acted upon instinct. He seemed to jump, swinging himself to the right position that was not so near the flames. I would have advised to not go near the flames again, but he was too quick for even my words; he went ahead and tried his best at a slashing upon Quilava's burning body.

Two wrongs here; first wrong was that his claws were not fully developed to create a large amount of damage; the second wrong was the fact that the Quilava was still at a dangerous heating level, causing Slash to get inflicted with a burn.

I had a burn heal in my back pocket; I could just reach for it and use it. So why didn't I do that?

Instead, these were my exact words; "Slash, dose the flames with another Sand Attack!" It was a smart move, but Slash still needed attention to his burn. The dirt flew all over the Quilava yet again.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Quilava put his paw up to protect his eyes, but the flames from his attack died down. Still, it was not without cause, Slash had been burnt. Why isn't Rex healing his burns? Unless he doesn't have anything to heal him up. No-Name got back to his feet, with only a few irritating grains of sand in his eyes, although that wouldn't stop Slash from kicking up more.

'No-Name! Smokescreen again!' Chase ordered. As No-Name administered more smoke to the battlefield he muttered 'This time we're gonna try something a little bit different.' No-Name looked back at his trainer, waiting for the next order.

The caws and cries of Pidgey and Caterpie all around them was now really ticking Chase off, he was struggling to keep his mind focused on the battle.

{Wuss!}

{Cheap!} Shut up! Chase massaged his temples, getting a headache from the surrounding spectators. Isn't this bothering Rex at all? Can't he hear the things they're saying?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back