• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misconceptions you had as a child.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I thought sex was another word for making out. How wrong I was about that.
    And like the person above, that the sun turned into the moon at night.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I used to think adults never had a childhood and that my parents were their age from the beginning. Clearly I was an idiot lol.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Piercings are only for girls. I even thought they were born with holes in their ears, that's how you knew who was male or female xD I still think they're gurlie a tad though-

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    I used to think that there were people trapped in the TV, that teachers lived at school and didn't have homes, how weird can you get.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Sex was when a man and woman got undressed together and laid in bed. I also tried to use it as a verb for months, eg. "sexing"

Anyone who believed in God was pure-hearted and a good, healthy influence.

I'm not scowling, I'm actually a leopard and I'm supposed to look threatening, can't you see that?

If I prayed REALLY REALLY sincerely I'd open my eyes and be in a different time/be an animal/be grown up/etc

When I grew up I'd just have money, somehow.

I wanted to be a teacher so I wouldn't have any homework and wouldn't have to work for 3 months.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    My mom told me that if I took more than 1 vitamin pills a day, my face would swell up, my eyes would fall out, and that my arms would rot.
    Boy was I scared when I remembered that I had taken 2 that day >_<

Oh god my face!

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    #1:
    ~ That if I took too long poopin' that an eel would swim up the toilet and bite my delicates

#2:
    ~ That there were ninja turtles in the subway & sewers and if I was lucky, I might see one looking up through a sewer grate or air vent.

#3:
    ~ That sex had to do with the belly button

Years
    I thought that magic and fairies were real. I thought that heaven was just above the sky but I was obviously too young to understand science and space that time. XD I thought that the Earth was always shaking which is why the sea has tides and waves. I used to think, when I was around 3-4, that the toilet bowl would suck and eat me so I would hurriedly did my business and run out of the toilet.

Oh and this came from my mom, according to her, I used to think shadows were real people constantly following behind someone and that sometimes I would talk to them. XD

Oh, the innocence of a young child. :3 <3

Back