• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MISFITS

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Please keep all SUs and questions in the OOC thread (or PM or VM me or something).

MISFITS

The city breathing, the people churning, the conversating, the price is what?
    The conversating, this place is heaven, I put on lipstick, the price is what?
    Life makes echoes. If you see them, life makes echoes

Come together

You were caught.

Drugs, arson, abuse, drinking, theft, fraud, indecency, harrasment, the whole deal. You did something, you were caught and now you have to pay for it. Luckily though, you didn't go to jail. The law seems to have been easy on you and you got away with community service. 200 hours of it. Teamed up with a bunch of other misfits, your days consists of you and your Pokémon giving back to the community. Watched over by your probation officer and her vicious and somewhat life-threatening Mightyena, you are forced into doing this. There is no way out. It's either this or 3 months in prison.

It's been about a week now since your community service started and it's been nothing but boring. That is, until yesterday. You and your aquaintanced team members were cleaning the ocean's edge of Vermillion City, the probation officer yelling at you to get a move on. Suddenly, clouds appeared above in the sky and chunks of ice the size of a Geodude are being thrown from the clouds, destroying anything in their path. You glance into the clouds, you can see the outlines of several legendary Pokémon you have only seen in books and heard about on television. You freak as the hail grows dangerously close and you and your team run for the community centre you're stationed at. You don't get there in time and you're thrown into the air with your team members. Lightning strikes you, you can feel it move through your body and veins and then you hit the ground. You feel... sore for one. But something's different. You're different.

You later realise you have developed a super power from this freak storm. Now what do you do? For now, you keep it a secret, it's best you finish the community service first.

(note: the community centre in which you are stationed at is located in Saffron City. You go home everyday (unless you are homeless), so make sure you live in the vicinity.)

RULES:

1. Nice and basic, just be nice to your fellow roleplayers. No insulting or swearing at them (but your character hating their character is okay in my book).
    2. Keep active. I'd hate to see yet another of my Roleplays dying. If you don't think you don't have time for this, don't bother writing a SU.
    3. Follow the PokeCommunity guidelines. Don't want to get banned, now do we?
    4. No godmodding, powerplaying, bunnying or whatever you like to call it without permission by me or whoever's character you're controlling. Keep your controlling to yourself.
    5. Being the master of this Roleplay, I control everything here. You try to take that control and I will kill your character and boot you out.
    6. Keep OOC in the OOC thread. Also, no SPAM. I don't want any nonsense.
    7. Be literate. I want to be able to read this stuff, so space it out, use punctuation and spelling and we'll all be happy. Don't sweat the small stuff though.
    8. Gore, swearing and themes should be kept to a PG16 level.
    9. One character per person unless you're dealing with twins or NPC type people. PM me about this if you're confused.
    10. And finally, if you have any questions, you can PM me, VM me or just ask publicly in the OOC thread.

Accepted Misfits:

• Aaron "Agrippa" Gripp - Due to his ambitions and contant usage of people, Aaron Gripp has been granted the ability of persuasion, derived from Rotom's power of posessing appliances.
    • Alberto "Grims" Grimsley - Due to his short temper, Alberto Grimsley has been granted the ability of pyrokinesis, derived from Charizard's power of breathing fire.
    • Alexis "Alex" Dianna Armstrong - Due to her ability to dodge the law, Alexis Dianna Armstrong has been granted the ability of invisibility, derived from Kecleon's power of camoflague.
    • Anthony "Silver" Mercer - Due to his impulsiveness and love of electrical appliancs, Anthony Mercer has been granted the ability of electrokinesis, derived from Raichu's power to control electrical storms.
    • Charles "Lucky Chuck" Sterling - Due to his ability to blend into situations and fit in, Charles Sterling has been granted the ability of shapeshifting, derived from Ditto's power to transform into any Pokémon.
    • Kellyn Wayland - Due to his need to be stronger, Kellyn Wayland has been granted the ability of superstrength, derived from Machamp's power to move mountains.
    • Kylie Oautourette - Due to her kind hearted nature and good intentions, Kylie Oautourette has been granted the ability of bringing out the good in people by touch, derived from Togepi's power of bringing good luck and happiness.
    • Mike Fields - Due to the fact that he lives for the present, Mike Fields has been granted with the ability of mental sight, derived from Mespirit's power to leave its body and return at will.
    • Seto Kimishina - Due to his cold hearted nature, Seto Kimishina has been granted the ability of cryokinesis, derived from Glalie's power to instantly freeze anything.
    • Shade - Due to her vague memories from her past, Shade has been granted the ability of memory manipulation, derived from Uxie's power to wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.
    • Tobias "Toby" Treston - Due to the freedom of his words and his love of being unbound and independant, Tobias Treston has been granted the ability of aerokinesis, derived from Pidgeot's power of creating whirlwinds.
    • William "Will" Henry Vailencourt - Due to his paranoid behaviour of what people think about himself and homosexuals, William Henry Vailencourt has been granted the ability of being able to hear what people think, derived from Alakazam's power to read minds.

Name: (If you have a nickname, put that in too.)
    Gender: (Male or female. Or both, whatever floats your boat.)
    Age: (Between 18 and 25. Any younger and you'd get house arrest or school would deal with you. Any older and you'd probably go to jail.)

Appearance:
    (what do you look like? What do you like to dress in? A nice paragraph, about 4-6 sentances would suffice. Pictures are very much accepted but you will need to provide a smaller bit of text, more like 2-5 sentances.)

Personality:
    (how does your character act? this is important as it will determine your superpower. 4-6 sentances is appreciated. the more detailed, the better idea of you character i can get.)

History:
    (what was life like for your character? remember to include how or why they were arrested (anything but extreme stuff like murder is accepted. Anything like armed robbery or armed combat is probably too extreme too). 5-8 sentances is very much appreciated.)

Pokemon:
    (6 at most, although a character who has a criminal background will mostly have a few partners in crime. I suggest about 2-4 at most.)

Name:
    Species:

History: (keep it fairly brief, maybe 2-5 sentances at best. you can explain it's relationship with your character here. any weird abnormalities such as altered colouring (nothing too overboard).)

Miscellanious:
    (anything extra you'd like to mention? If not, don't include this.)

RP Sample:
    (I'll accept something from another Roleplay or maybe you can write a few short paragraphs on their arrest.)

YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE YOUR SUPERPOWER.

Once you've been accepted, I'll PM you to discuss the superpower you get. The reason I'm doing this is that the power is determined by your history and peronality and some people will make up some weird story for them to get something ridiculous like firebending or making things blow up. Also remember that when we start, your character will just have gotten his or her power so there will be no mastering of anything until later.

GLHF
    (goodluckhavefun)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Toby groaned loudly. An exaggeration of course, but hitting the ground after being swept off your feet by a bolt of lightning can be quite painful. He slowly inspected his body for any kind of blemishes. Hands had a little skin taken off them. His knees were okay, the pants took the damage with a small tear. His butt was fine, just sore. Back, okay. Face wasn't bleeding as far as he could tell. His Pokémon were safe inside their PokéBalls. The family jewels? Unharmed. Awesome.

Still, he felt funny, like something wasn't right in his head. Something was... different?

"Well," he coughed and cleared his throat, "that was fun." The probation officer made a grunting noise and waved her hand about. Her Mightyena was already on its feet and trying to help its master up.

"Is everyone alright?" she spluttered out, lifting herself up.

"Oh yeah, fine," Toby slowly got up, dusting himself off. "Stellar. Nothing like getting struck by lightning."

"You didn't get struck, you would have died. It obviously hit very close and the force knocked us back," the probation officer also stood up, shaking her head at Toby. Toby shrugged his shoulders. Like she had any idea what she was saying.

"Whatever, but this is obviously the gods telling us that this community service is a load of crap and to get on with our daily lives!" Toby nodded and clapped his hands together. It made perfect sense. The probation officer shook her head disapprovingly.

"Yeah, no, I don't think so. I think we should call it a day today. We'll meet back here tomorrow and finish what we started. Dismissed," and with that, she turned around and walked in the opposite direction towards what Toby presumed was a bar. No sane person would go home to sleep after this. Although Toby's definition of sane was a little warped. Just a little.

"See you later, kiddies," Toby didn't wait for any other of the team to get up or even move. With a small wave, he walked as fast as he could out of Route 6 and towards the PokéCentre of Saffron City.

After grabbing a few dollars leftover from his mum's present last weekend, Toby headed straight for the closest place with alcohol; four doors down, named "The Happy Horsea." It was barely as happy as a horsea, the place was full of drunks, damaged furniture and kids who have recently gotten their "IDs". The drinks were cheap though and it was easy to coax a drunk into giving someone money. Toby strutted his way straight to the counter and tapped the counter.

"What will it be?" the young bartender said boredly. She raised an eyebrow and when Toby smiled smugly.

"Something hot and delicious, just like me," Toby leaned on the counter, his smile turning to a grin. The bartender scowled, shook her head and walked to the other end of the counter. "Oh, come on baby, you know you can't resist me!" Taking the attempt as a fail, he ordered a beer from the other bar tender and walked back to the Centre. The air was a little colder than it was coming in. Nightime, probably.

Toby was first to the community centre the next day. He hadn't gone to bed that late. After his spectacular fail, he finished his beer and just went to sleep in his bed in the Pokémon Centre. The probation officer wasn't here yet, but that wasn't abnormal. Plugging his headphones in, he took shelter under the roof over the front garage door. It was drizzling now, the storm from yesterday had completely blown over.

Chadlington

Aka Will Vailencourt
    Years
    Coughing in the dust that had been stirred from where he had just landed, it took Will nearly a minute to stand up straight. He looked down at his hands, they were badly grazed where he had broken his fall. Everything else seemed fine, apart from the stains on his community service get up, he seemed fairly unscathed. Orange wasn't really his colour anyway. He checked his pokeballs. All there. Just then he remembered. POKEMON! He shot a look up at the sky where the clouds had broken.
    "I could have sworn..." he said to himself. "Did anyone else see them?"

Apparently no one else was up and moving yet, let alone thinking about what Will had apparently just seen. He looked around to see if anyone was seriously hurt. Everyone seemed to be struggling, but moving none the less. The only one that was up and moving fine was Toby, the lanky guy that everyone else seemed to avoid. He was talking to the parole officer who started walking back to the center.

"I guess we are done for the day guys" he said. Again, no one really seemed to notice that he was there, or care what he had to say. What was it with young people these days? With another look upwards, he was now fairly certain that what he thought he had seem, he hadn't.

He reached for Rapidash and called him out. My god he was beautiful. Just like his original trainer. He jumped on his back and decided to head home. Well not home, just where he was staying.

He laid on his bed in the run down apartment, and thought about his deliciously comfy bed at home. That bed didn't have any bumps or kinks in it like this one. Even Eevee disliked the bed, choosing to sleep on the pile of dirty community clothes on the floor in the corner. The room was fairly bare, the was a chest of drawers on the far left corner which had his satchel on top. The curtains over the small dirty window that were once white, were ripped and now covered in dust. The walls were grey and the floorboards where extremely old, and needed replacing. There was feral, round, lime green rug on the floor, like the ones with the tassels. Will suspected that it was covering a giant hole in the floor. Or a blood stain. As he laid there naked, the moonlight shining though the dirty window, his thoughts drifted once again to the Pokemon he saw earlier. He was positive he had just seen them before. He lent over and grabbed a book from underneath his bed. The book had no cover or title. It was leather bound with a string that tied around it to keep it closed. The book was ratty and old. Very old. He untied the string and opened it up, reading the words on the inside of the cover that he had read a million times.

For Cyprus,
    I know you will find them one day...
    Grandpa

Will had no idea who the book originally belonged to, he was guessing a boy named Cyprus, who apparently had fascination with legendary pokemon. He found it in a 2nd hand bookstore nearly four years ago. He fiendishly flicked through the pages until he found what he was looking for. The Legendary birds of Kanto. Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno. He was positive he saw all three today. He couldn't have though. The brief description told that the three birds could never co exist together, their powers to absolute.

Just then Eevee shot a look up at the door. There was a knock. Will closed the book and put it back under the bed. He grabbed Eevee's poke ball that was on his dresser and pointed it at Eevee, who looked at him with big brown mournful eyes, he everstone shining in the moonlight. 'Im sorry' he thought has Eevee vanished in a red blur into the pokeball. He placed the pokeball into his satchel as there was another knock on the door. He walked over, the floorboards creaking with every step, and opened the door. An older guy, Hiker, about 44, eyed him up and down, with a twitchy lick of his lips.
    " You Will? Will Matthews?"
    "Depends", he said, nervously, looking down at his feet. "Do you have the money? This room doesn't pay for itself you know." He slowly glided the back of his fingers on his right hand down the side of his body and over his well toned abs, attempting to be sexy, but coming off awkward.

The hiker handed over the money as he walked though the door, taking off his hiking back pack and dropping it on the floor where Eevee had been not 30 seconds ago. Will heard the hiker say 'delicious' in the most predatory, filthy way imaginable that didn't even sound anything like him. Will pushed the Pokemon to the back of his mind for the moment, and closed the door.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Aaron was on all fours. Thank God I had these gloves on, he thought. He felt bruised everywhere, he wasn't used to this, yet he couldn't see any point in complaining at what had come to pass.

Opening his eyes, and spitting out some blood, he shook off the feeling that he had been watched. But the feeling in his body after the lightning struck still somewhat remained; a curious sensation. Getting up, he noticed the others were still on the ground, aside from the ones named Will and Toby. He smirked a little thinking of his plan… he had always liked toys.

Before the incident however, he had been holding a shovel which flew out of his hands, he had noticed that it had fallen and hit one of his fellow service members in the head. Aaron couldn't help but smile at this, despite the more serious situation that they had just come out of. He was brought out of his reverie by another member.

"Did anyone else see them?" The one named Will said.

"Perhaps…" Aaron whispered to himself, not entirely sure either, but indifferent nonetheless.

He then heard the one word he had been waiting for all day:

"Dismissed." Their counsillor said, perhaps amid confusion too.

He looked at the others, still lying on the ground, and scuffed.

"Come on guys, it's just lightning," he said sarcastically.

He noticed that Toby was already leaving, and then he noticed that Will had brought out his Rapidash. Aaron turned around facing him, but Will was already headed out.

Damn, he thought, another day with that blasted pokemon… How do you follow someone who has a faster Pokemon?

He was suddenly reminded of his own pokemon with that thought. He grabbed Beheeyem's ball in his pocket but neglected to take him out.

"Well I'm off kids, see you another day!" Aaron suddenly said, as though excited about something.

Truth be told he'd regret going home, but there was at least the drive to look forward to, I mean who wouldn't want to like driving a Porsche, though to be fair, Aaron liked to show it off more, as though the kind of power he liked to perpetuate. He figured the police were stupid, they only charged him on his NARC bust. They didn't seem interested in his other jobs, yet his young offenders criminal record still existed, albeit now excused for coming of age. He'd have thought he would have been investigated to death, and gotten in jail. He wondered if his parents had played in any part in the lessening of his crimes.

Aaron mused over this as he sped off in his Porsche indifferent to yet more members who were leaving the area, probably jumping out of the way of the speeding machine or something.

Aaron looked at his phone messages, put his keys on the table, and pressed a button.

"You have 64 messages, press one to listen to first unheard message." A cool woman's voice spoke.

"#@#(ers!" He swore. He deleted them all and sent a text to his boss.

He simply wrote: I told you to piss off until this blows over.

Aaron didn't like drinking or smoking, but the two seemed tempting now. Aaron decided to release his Beheeyem. As soon as he had done so, his pokemon looked at him earnestly. Making eye contact briefly, Aaron waved it off, indicating the food he had put on the kitchen table. He wasn't cruel, he just didn't care for his pokemon all that much. He laughed to himself in how infuriated Beheeyem must be at times but went to join him for supper nonetheless.

After a long sleepless night, seemingly involving flashing lights, Aaron got up and sped off in his Porsche to the community centre parking in the same crooked manner he always did. Turning off the ignition, he sighed, regretting having to come out and start the day over again.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Kylie sat up slowly, groaning. Her head was pounding, and she could already see the gashes in her knees. She frowned, not fully understanding what happened, then looked around at her fellow workers, who all seemed just as confused as she. She rose to her feet, and steadied herself, leaning on a bench that had been nearby when they had been struck. It then hit her that she felt ever so slightly off - more so than any other person would have when being almost struck by lightning. Her heart felt heavier in her chest, but she disregarded this, assuming it was just aftershock of some sort.

Considering asking if everyone was okay, she opened her mouth to speak, but closed it when the probation officer asked instead.

She pushed her blonde hair back out of her face as she half-listened to the probation officer have a quip with one of the boys, and then announce dismissal for the day. She stayed leaning on the bench momentarily, wondering if the heavy feeling inside of her would pass, and when it did not, she decided to leave for home.

~

The next day was rainy, and Kylie took full precautions before leaving her house; rain boots, umbrella, and a waterproof bag to carry her 'uniform' in. She ran down her walkway, already late, when someone reached out and grabbed her arm. Alarmed, she let out a small shriek and dropped her umbrella. Her look of terror dissolved into a look of sheer pity when she realized that it was the homeless man who she had been stealing for. They stood in silence for a few moments, and Kylie could feel the rain soaking through her sundress.

"I can't do this for you anymore," she finally said, pulling away. She left her umbrella, running as fast as she could to the community centre.

~

She was surprisingly dry upon her arrival at the community centre, having ducked under trees and walkways the whole way. As much as she tried to like the rain, she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

Sighing, Kylie leaned against the front glass doors of the building, looking up at the clouds and clicking the toes of her rain boots together as she waited for more of her co-workers to arrive.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Mike stared up at the sky, ignoring the throbbing in his tailbone (where he had awkwardly landed after that weird lightning storm) and his head (where a shovel had attacked him unprovoked) in favour of admiring its beauty. He remembered the myriad of Pokemon that he swore he saw - somehow otherworldly, even if he didn't really believe in that kind of thing. Slowly, he lifted a hand and then waved it in front of his face.

"Woah," he said, lips crooking into one of his patented grins, "awesome." He felt different, but figured that any person who survived being hit by lightning would feel strange. He sat up when he heard the unmistakeable sounds of people leaving and got to his own feet as well. Walking over to his bicycle, he stretched and yawned before getting on and beginning to pedal the twenty minutes home.

~*~

The apartment was dark and mangy, sparsely furnished with only one small bedroom. The wallpaper was peeling, the carpet was probably host to hundreds of bacterial diseases, and the food had probably gone stale just from being in this atmosphere.

"I'm home!" he called out, in case his mother was home. For once, she was, nursing an empty bottle of alcohol in her hands.

"Oh look, it's my criminal son," she said dully. She wasn't an alcoholic; she made sure never to have more than one bottle every three days because she could be risking her jobs otherwise.

Mike's shoulders fell as he crossed the space and gave his mother a quick hug and murmured, "I love you, Mom."

She sniffled. "I'm such a bad mother though. How could you get into dealing drugs?"

They'd had this conversation before. "It's not you; I'm just kinda stupid sometimes," he said reassuringly. "Besides, I didn't even know I had drugs."

His mother sniffed and glanced down at her watch which made her start. "Oh, I'm going to be late! Bye, I'll be back at eleven!" she called out quickly, rushing out of the door. Mike just sank back into the coach and tried to get some shut-eye. For a moment, before he fell asleep, he saw his mother going down the stairs. He'd forget all about it when he woke up five hours later.

~*~

The next day, he rode up to the community centre whistling. His mother had made him breakfast, which hadn't happened since his birthday three months ago. It felt like a good day, even if he was quite a bit drenched. It was alright, he never got sick.

He grinned at the three who were already there, but opted to stay in the rain, spinning and laughing.

PL4Y3R

Head of Pokemon Wild
    Years
    Chuck decided the best thing to do in a situation where you just got struck by lightning was to just wait it out until he heard the other victims rise. He didn't want to become paralyzed or anything, right? But it wasn't that long until Chuck heard rose the soft chattering of Toby, the douche, and the racist probation officer anyway. He thought about lying to the officer and saying that he had broken his arm in the fall, but decided against it when he realized she'd probably just blow him off as a lazy bum, which was almost completely true. Rising, to avoid looking like an over-dramatic rich boy, Chuck dusted off his pants and checked his watch for scuffs as he cussed at himself under his breath for not bringing Drake with him on service today because that decision put him out of a ride. Now on the search for a way home with his charm turned up, he turned away from the group and towards an innocent bystander who looked kinda shocked that they had all survived.

"Hey...", he called to the brunette that was pulling out her phone to call an ambulance, "We're all good here, except..."

"What?" she said with increasing concern in her voice, completely innocent in contrast with the convicts who were just struck by lightning, karma of sorts.

"I don't wanna be weird, or anything, but I don't have a ride home, and I only have my ditto so I wouldn't be able to survive the walk back to Cerulean..." he said, manipulating the amount of embarrassment shown on his face to help make his plea more convincing.

"Yeah, sure!", she said to him, excited to help her fellow man. "What's the address?" She asked, with frustration at her new GPS enabled phone, which she clearly thought was to complicated.

"Here, I'll put it in" he said, taking the outstretched phone and entering in his address, and "secretly" his phone number also.

"I'm parked over here" She replied, a smile on her face seeing the a new contact was added.

Unsurprisingly, Chuck ended up catching some afternoon delight on the road to Cerulean, though he had no intention of keeping in touch with this stranger.

"Text you later, Ashley" He called out over his shoulder as he entered his condo.

Taking his orange reflective vest out of his back pocket and hanging it up in his closet, Chuck put on his favorite "Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle" shirt and flicked on the TV just in time for CSI: Viridian. Whistling for Drake to come out of the bed room and simultaneously opening up a can of beer, Chuck started to walk back to his favorite lounge chair for his first real rest in days. By the time he had finished his second can, the team on TV had already caught the killer and Chuck was exhausted. Reclining in the chair and throwing a cheap quilt over himself, he gave the more expensive comforter to Drake, to share with Gepedo. Instantly knocked out, Chuck didn't even have enough time to set his alarm.

Waking up to the sound of a buzzing phone from the incoming text messages of Ashley, Chuck muttered a few four letter words to himself as he realized he would probably be late. Pocketing two pokéballs and putting Gepedo in his drawstring bag, Chuck quickly pulled on some clean jeans and reflective vest over the shirt he wore to bed before hoping on the back of his "ride" to work, even though neither of them were fully awake.

Finally getting to the Center with only 10 minutes to spare before the doors opened for the day, Chuck summoned his two pokémon back into their balls before turning off his phone, which now displayed the message
    16 New Messages from : Brown-Haired Ashely
    Approaching the other convicts, he naturally gravitated towards the women, and seeing how only one was there at the moment it wasn't hard to decided who his prey was. Now pulling a relaxed smile on before reaching the woman nearest the door, Chuck outstretched his hand and spoke.

"Kylie, right?"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -His muscles contracted as what felt like 1 million volts of electricity shot through his body. His jaw had locked, so he was unable to talk. The only the thing he could hope for was that the lighting would not stop his heart. Through the waves of pain, he looked up, seeing some kind of figure, but not able to make out much. Then the lightning withdrew, leaving him landing in a crouching position, but not moving as his muscles were still partly locked up. He smelled something burning, oh yeah, himself; his body seemed to be steaming. As he looked down he could see frost gathering at his hands, which was weird as it wasn't cold out. Whatever. He stood up, dusting his cloths off. He didn't care much for what that parole officer said, only hearing the word"Dismissed, with this , he headed towards the center to change, and then was off.-

~~~~

-He didn't have a car or any pokemon that he could ride to get home faster, but he prefered it that way. The police still didn't know where he lived, since they only caught him in the act, and he had refused to reveal that information. He looked up still walking. Soren was probably off gathering food at home, since he wasn't in his pokeball. Speaking of food, Seto was hungry, hadn't had any breakfast either. He released Kain, whispering in his ear and eyeing a burger in the hands of some man at a restaurant. Thankfully, he hadn't taken a bite yet, but he was about to...yeah don't think so. One second it was in his hand, and another it was in the hands of Seto, who walked calmly away, making sure not to be seen. When they were out of viewing distance, he fist pounded Kain and patted his head. "Nice job funny, but you could be faster." Kain stuck out his tongue at him, and Seto returned him to his pokeball. Still had that attitude to work on.-
    ~~~~
    -Seto strolled into the clearing, yawning a bit as he was tired. It was more like a camp rather than a clearing, complete with a fire and tent, while the food was stashed elsewhere. He was about to sit at the fire, when his head snapped up, his senses screaming at him. He turned and sidestepped a punch from a Lucario. It turned and followed up with launching a barrage of kicks at Seto, most of which he dodged ,while the others he blocked. It didn't stop however, as it jumped in the air, and proceeded to send its foot down toward Seto's head. Suprise flashed across its face as Seto caught its leg in his hand, swinging it around and slamming the Lucario into the ground. When it tried to get up, he placed a fist in front of its neck, which he could've used to crush its windpipe. They stood like that for a few seconds before Seto grinned and pulled the Lucario up-"You are still a bit too slow Soren, but nice job, I felt the force behind those blows. Your mom would be proud."- Soren the Lucario grinned, and scratched its head slightly. It was getting late, and Seto was still getting tired. It wasn't long before he fell asleep on a sleepingbag within the tent, whispering a name under his breath- "Shadu...."
    ~~~~~
    -The pitter-patter of the rain sounded against Seto's tent. "Great" He thought" Now I get to get zapped by lighting and get muddy... whatever, might as well get to work..."

-As he walked through the streets, following the same path he had taken the day before, seeing the same man in the same restaraunt, only this time with a breakfast sandwich. His stomach grumbled, and he sent out Kain again. When he returned Seto tossed his a potato chip styled bag of pokemon food, which he opened and ate from happily. It was not long before he reached the Center, sighing before walking in. Kain had returned to his ball, but Seto was feeling a bit cold, but not quite shivering. When he pulled the door open, he saw the same frost from the day before appear on the handle. He ignored it and walkedd over to the wall, leaning against the wall and observing the others. One guy was trying to flirt with one of the girls. Typical. But the parole officer still hadn't come in yet. Weird.-

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Kylie jumped at the sound of someone saying her name, and let out a small squeak. She had been intently focusing on the sky, watching for clouds resembling the ones that had preceded yesterdays storm. Honestly, she was frightnened - the heaviness hadn't gone away, and she was beginning to worry. She blushed when she realized what she had done - the boy seemed nice enough, and, when she got a good look at his face, realized that he was also quite handsome. She reached up and began to nervously twirl a long strand of her blond hair around her fingers and looked down, embarrassed mainly because she knew that by this point she had to be a flourescent shade of red.

"Awu, gomenasai*," she whimpered, blushing, "You startled me. Um, yes, my name's Kylie. And you are...?"

(*this means i'm sorry for anyone who doesn't know :3)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Toby gave a haughty smile as the other young offendors began to roll in. They all looked pretty casual and calm considering what had happened the previous day. They could probably get into the papers for it; Struck By Lightning And Lived the headlines would say. He kind of brushed off the idea as he remembered he had been struck by a few bolts of Thunder from Alice.

"Sup, my bros and hos," Toby walked towards the small group that was forming. "Today's the day we will probably get hit by a truck! Or win the lottery! Whichever comes first." He glanced at his watch. It was about five to nine. The probation officer would have probably turned up by now. Toby fiddled with the zip on the orange suit. Maybe she was late? Sweet, more time to mess around.

"Listen man," Toby walked up to and shook his head at one of the others. His name was Matt or Mark or something. Toby didn't care really, he wouldn't associate himself with these bunch of weirdos again once the community service was over. "I don't know about you, but spinning around in the rain just screams I am a gay man. You aren't attracting the ladies very well!" Toby glanced over to Kylie and raised his eyebrows, he heard her say her name. "You know? And you!" He thrust a finger to the guy with the car. "What kind of colossal douchebag drives a Porsche? To the community centre? Just give me the keys man, you are just asking for that to be stolen."

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    My ass hurts...

That was the first thought Grims had upon waking from the murky unconsciousness associated with being struck by abnormal lightning storms. He gingerly rose to his feet, making sure to pull up his boxers so that the others wouldn't get too good a look at his bare, white ass. How his boxers had slipped down, he had no idea.

Looking around, Grims saw that moron Toby running off and the probation officer leaving as well. Guess we're done here. Grims reached for the PokeBalls at his belt and picked up Shade's. "C'mon out, bro, we're outta here," Grims said, clicking the button on the PokeBall to release his "brother". The Zoroark appeared in a shower of red light with a roar and smirked at his owner. "The dog-woman let us off early. Wanna grabba bite?"

As if to answer, Shade transformed into a Snorlax and rubbed his stomach. "Heheh, always have had a way with words, bud," Grims commented. "Now let's hit up the restaurant in Celadon." Shade nodded and transformed into Rapidash. Grims hopped onto the disguised Zoroark's back and the two zipped off for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ya know, I think, maybe, just maybe, once we're off probation..." Grims trailed off, his fourth beer had gotten him to the stage of tongue-tiedness. Shade, in the guise of another boy Grims' age just shrugged his shoulders, waiting for Grims to finish his sentence. "Maybe we'll get little Eliza back..." Grims said it softly, as if he was revealing the most precious secret he had to the world.

Shade sighed and shook his head, sad to see Grims in such a deluded manner. "Then, then we can steal a nice car...a Lamborghini! Yeah, a lime-green Lambo...and then we'll go to Vermillion and take a boat to, to Unova! Or wait...Hoenn! Then we can start our lives over!" As Grims said it, he knew somewhere behind the haze in his mind that it would never happen. Tears welled up behind his eyes and he blinked them back but they streamed down his face and into his plate of a half-eaten cheeseburger.

Ten minutes later, Shade was carrying a weeping Grims out of the restaurant. The Pokemon hated to see his brother like this. What's more, he hated how Grims went about treating his sorrow. It had been the same thing every night since they took Eliza from them. Grims would get belligerently drunk and Shade would have to bring him home. He didn't mind doing it, but the fact that this is how Grims chose to deal with his problems killed Shade on the inside.

Just outside of Celadon City was the building Grims and Shade called home. It was a one-story house, made up of three rooms: one bedroom, one kitchen, and a bathroom. Grims and Shade had gradually furnished it with "borrowed" furniture. Shade walked in with a now passed-out Grims and lied him down on the mattress where he slept. "Buddy...undress me? I can't sleep like this..." Grims murmured. Shade sighed, this was routine too. No matter how wasted Grims got, he always slept in the bare essentials. Shade gingerly removed Grims' tank-top, jeans, socks, shoes, and beanie and placed them on the chair that was right across from the bed. "Thanks, bro," was all Grims said before passing out for the night. Shade eyed him for a moment; Grims almost looked angelic in sleep, with a shaggy mess of blonde hair and his almost flawless features. With another sigh, the Zoroark shed his disguise and curled up to sleep at the foot of the mattress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, my aching head...Grims awake with a grimace. His head was pounding like a steel drum. Damn hangovers, He thought. After taking a swig of the whiskey that he always made sure was next to his bed, Grims got out of bed, gathered his clothes and got ready to shower. Looking around the room he couldn't help but feel a pang of emptiness. He noticed Shade asleep still and also noticed that his Litwick, Jack O', had somehow gotten out of his ball and was asleep on the nightstand by the mattress.

Grims turned on the water for the shower, thankful that it ran hot and stepped in to let the hot water and steam clear his aching head. Wonder what today has in store for me, he mused. After yesterday's freak lightning incident, he was sure anything could happen. After a few minutes under the water, Grims thoughts ventured into a territory even Shade didn't know existed.

About ten minutes later, Grims was out of the shower and dressed. Shade was already up and finished eating, as was Jack O'. "Morning, guys," Grims said with a smile. The two Pokemon purred in response. Grims grabbed a breakfast bar and started eating as he told Shade, "We'd better get going, gotta be at the community center, like, now." Grims returned Jack O' to his PokeBall. Meanwhile, Zoroark transformed into Rapidash again and in a moment, Grims and Shade were off to work.

When they arrived, there were already four other convicts present. As was standard procedure, Grims avoided them all together and plopped down as far from the others as possible, without being drenched by the rain. However, he happened to hear the asshat named Toby remark about how Mark's behavior was "gay". He tromped over to him and fixed the moron with a glare, "I don't think I heard you right. What is it you said about Mark?"

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Shade groaned in pain as dust went up around her. Was I seriously just struck by lightning. She thought through the pain looking down at her knees. The orange pants she was wearing were ripped and her knees scrapped but not bleeding. Her Pokemon as well were fine safely tucked into their Pokeballs. Oh well the color orange didn't go with her hair anyway. Looking around she noticed their probation officer had left...To go get drunk no doubt she thought bitterly. She also noticed several of the others leaving and stood wincing at the pain in her knees before running off not saying a word to anyone.

After leaving the community center Shade went where she normally did a local gym around the corner to grab a quick shower to wash the dirt off herself and to change into her normal clothes and out of that stupid orange outfit. As usual, nobody paid any attention to her too wrapped up in their own lives to notice an eighteen year old homeless girl sneaking into and then out of the gym. "Time to find a place to stay tonight." she said to herself running towards the bad side of town. The side of town where all the abandoned houses were. It was simple enough to find a suitable one to break into for the night. The one rule about being homeless never stay in the same place twice she thought remembering when she had been told that at a younger age. Laying down on the floor she starred up at the ceiling before pulling a cigarette out of her bag. Some habits were hard to break. She lit the cigarette and just laid there smoking and thinking. Ever since that lightning struck me, I've been feeling different...oh well that's a thought for tomorrow, she thought putting the cigarette out and letting sleep take her.

The next morning Shade woke up and looked at her watch. "I'm late!" she exclaimed jumping up and hurriedly getting ready and after making sure she had all her stuff she ran out of the house knowing that tonight she'd have to find another place to stay. Shade let out a sigh of relief when she sprinted up to the community center and saw the Probation Officer wasn't there yet. I need another smokeshe thought leaning against the building and lighting a cigarette this was the habit that kept her from losing her cool around the probation officer. Shade didn't speak to any of the others if they wanted her to talk then they had to talk to her first.

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -Seto got annoyed pretty easily. He just wanted to get the day over with, and try to get rid of the memory of what had happened yesterday. He watched as the man continued to flirt with the golden haired girl, scoffing. Then to the one he knew as Toby, who seemed to become more annoying by the second. Another person who he didn't know walked up to Toby angrily, talking about when he had called Mark gay. "Well, it won't be too long now" he thought, shaking his head. He silently began to count down the seconds until the fight did break out. From his vantage point, and the look of the way things were going, He knew that he probably should stop it before it happened. He had a habit of putting things bluntly. It's not like he meant to say harsh things(occasionally) but he just wasn't all that sensitive to others feelings. He knew that if he tried to interfere it would probably just bring the fight over to him, but at least he would be better equipped to fight him.-

"Hey Toby, knock it off. If the dude wants to spin around in rain, let him. No one asked for your opinion about it. Just chill."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "I don't think I heard you right. What is it you said about Mark?"

Toby raised his eyebrows as another community drop out walked over. Toby couldn't remember what his name was either. A healthy sub in like dude, man or guy would suffice. Guy sounded good for the time. Toby smiled smugly.

"You know what I mean, guy! Seriously, we have a small selection of girls here. Someone already has his dibs on one. You'll attract the gays by showing any sign of softness like my man Mark here. Man up, I say!" Toby looked over as another girl joined the group. "I dunno about you guys, but she looks like a lesbian. So we either get cracking or we watch the magic. I think I like both options. At the same time."

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Grims' temper rose to a fever pitch as he heard Toby explain himself. Usually, ignorant remarks like that would annoy him at best, but for some reason, he seemed angrier. It was as if every cell in his body was super-charged. He was hot. Hot with rage at this lummox in front of him. What Grims didn't notice was that as the rain hit his bare skin, it evaporated. Grims cracked his neck and rolled back his shoulders, never a good sign. "Listen, and listen well, you idiot. If I ever hear you make a remark like that towards anyone here, I'll do us all a public service and break that pretty little jaw of yours. I'm sure the probation officer would even let me off early for it." Grims cracked his knuckles and Shade knew that this was going to get good. Chuckling to himself, Shade reverted to his natural form and watched as Grims prepared to clean this guy's clock.

"Oh, and for future reference, if you even have a jaw to speak with, the name's Grims. Got it memorized?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Hey Toby, knock it off. If the dude wants to spin around in rain, let him. No one asked for your opinion about it. Just chill."

"What? See, that's the kind of attitude that's really gonn--" Toby was cut off when the other guy started to crack his various body parts. The air was a little hot around him, like his anger was actually a physical thing. Toby blinked a few times.

"Listen, and listen well, you idiot. If I ever hear you make a remark like that towards anyone here, I'll do us all a public service and break that pretty little jaw of yours. I'm sure the probation officer would even let me off early for it." Toby smiled smugly again when the guy had finished his own little speech. What a douchebag.

"See, this is the kind of manliness I'm talking about! You are doing well man. If you punch my jaw in, you'll probably attract all of the girls, including sweet Mark here! Good job man!" Toby grinned sheepishly. Like he would punch him. Knowing his luck, the probation officer would turn up just to have the Mightyena go ape on him. Toby wasn't worried. Look at all of the witnesses!

PL4Y3R

Head of Pokemon Wild
    Years
    Seeing the obvious embarrassment on Kylie's face, Chuck couldn't help but chuckle to himself a little.

"No need to be scared", he said laughing to himself a bit, "I'm Chuck Sterling, by the way."

Lowering his hand when he realized that Kylie had looked down before noticing it, he was about to find out her opinion of the others when a weird watery feeling ran up and down his body. Finding himself with a douche-esque grin on his face, that resembled the face Toby wore on a usual basis, he turned around just in time to find out that the footsteps he had heard belonged to none other then... Toby. Although he was slightly disappointed that it wasn't someone who used soap a little more, it was definitely better then the alternative, aka the prohibition officer. For some reason that woman gave Chuck the worst feeling in his stomach and she made him want to vomit out of fear. Shaking the strange grin off of his face and turning back to Kylie, he asked her a question in a low tone to keep the conversation going and simultaneously monitor the situation behind him.

"How do you feel about these guys?" He said, gesturing behind him.

He thought about the question himself, but could only come to the conclusion that he wouldn't be exchanging any Christmas gifts with anyone anytime soon due to lack of acknowledgment between the two and/or sanity of the other person. Noticing that the situation between the two behind him had escalated, naturally, Chuck turned around to intervene.

"Hey Buddy, Bud-dy" He said, stepping next to the two just as Grim pulled his arm back. "No need to go around punching people, especially in front of this place", He continued to Grim. "I know Toby may be an inconsiderate douchey ass-hat who is in no position to judge other people..." He said pointedly at Toby, then, turning back to Grim "But you can't risk going to jail because he thinks he has the right to pass judgment".

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Grims ignored Chuck and pushed him out of the way. Smirking, he took a step forward and answered Toby, "Who says I'm interested in what the girls think?" Grims was never one to act with violence. Really, he'd rather intimidate with words and looks than with fists. However, in some cases, actions spoke far louder and clearer than words.

Shade chuckled to himself. Here it was...

Grims grabbed the front of Toby's shirt and pulled him into a rough kiss. It didn't last long, and was soon replaced by a solid punch to Toby's cheek courtesy of Grims' fist. "Something for you to think about while you're icing that bruise." He chuckled and noticed he no longer felt very hot, but did find that where he had been standing, small flames were now smoldering.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
    -Seto stood watching, but then turned around, missing the kiss and the punch after that. "If they want to be jackasses thats not my problem..." He walked farther away from the scene with one hand in his pocket and the other on his shoulder. When he got far enough, he leaned against the wall, thinking to himself. "People are too annoying..." He closed his eyes, resting his head against the wall, and quickly dosing off. He had really bizarre dream. First of all he was really cold, freezing in fact. He was in the middle of some field from what he could tell. Where he walked, ice appeared, and began to spread. When he reached a tree and touched it, frost spread from his hands and covered the tree completely. He stood back and looked at his hands, muttering to himself.- "What the hell is this? What's happening to me?"

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Shade looked around as she finished her cigarette. A part of her felt lonely since from the beginning of community service no one had bothered to come up and speak to her. She figured she was just destined to be a lonely person. She didn't care as she watched tow guys look like they were about to fight before one of them kissed the other before punching him. Wow she thought. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a guy flirting with a girl and chuckled.

Last edited:
    Back