• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mishaps at the Battle tower!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Have you ever had something that really pissed you off at the battle tower? my mishap has been with the two on two battling with the cpu as your partner. my vaporeon had just KO'ed a staraptor and a girafarig. it's hp was hanging on by a thread and my partner (buck) with his registeel used earthquake on who......my vaporeon because it sure wasn't the enemy because they were down for the count already. Man this makes it hard to get a ribbon in this department.....

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • I'm going for the 100 win streak...the highest I've gotten was 64.

This is how I died:

Foe sent out Walrein!
    Go, Garchomp!
    Garchomp used outrage!
    Garchomp's attack missed!
    Walrein used Sheer Cold!
    Garchomp fainted!
    Go, tyranitar!
    Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
    Walrein fainted!
    Foe sent out Gliscor!
    Gliscor used Guillotine!
    Tyranitar fainted!
    Go, Milotic!
    Gliscor used Guillotine!
    Milotic fainted!

So yeah...major hax. I was crushed.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I'm going for the 100 win streak...the highest I've gotten was 64.

This is how I died:

Foe sent out Walrein!
    Go, Garchomp!
    Garchomp used outrage!
    Garchomp's attack missed!
    Walrein used Sheer Cold!
    Garchomp fainted!
    Go, tyranitar!
    Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
    Walrein fainted!
    Foe sent out Gliscor!
    Gliscor used Guillotine!
    Tyranitar fainted!
    Go, Milotic!
    Gliscor used Guillotine!
    Milotic fainted!

So yeah...major hax. I was crushed.

that's what I like to call computer rape. 30% chance on sheer cold and guillotine and you were taken down like that? yeah.........

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I was able to get to 130something in the Battle Tower, and here's the thing with hax:

Double Team can be handled by just adding Aerial Ace on Band Chomp. Problem solved. It wont' hit hard, but it'll keep hitting that guy while he sets up 6 Double Teams. This also helps out against Bright Powder/Lax Incense, though it's hard to identify who is holding them and who isn't.

But OHKO moves are tricky. You can carry a Sturdy user, but they're fairly limited in what they can do. Skarmory is raped by special attacks and can't dish out much pain in return. Magnezone is worth considering, but carries a huge ground weakness and needs set up to avoid it.

I decided to just pray for luck, and I wasn't too hampered by OHKO moves. What ultimately bought me down was an Ice Beam that kept freezing my Scizor.

So keep trying. Eventually (hopefully), you'll get a relatively hax free session and be able to get to 100+.

However, be wary of Tyranitar. That 1/16th health you lose to non Rock/Ground/Steel Pokemon could be the difference between winning and losing.

Years
  • Porygon-z in the battle tower is a fail

Foe sent out Porygon-Z
    Go! Garchomp!
    Garchomp used Dragon Claw
    Porygon-Z holds on using its focus sash
    Porygon-Z used Tri-Attack
    Garchomp is frozen solid
    Garchomp is frozen solid
    Garchomp fainted
    Go! Blissey!
    Blissey is Paralysed, it may be unable to move
    Blissey is Paralysed, it cant move
    A critical hit!
    Blissey fainted
    Go! Breloom!
    Breloom Fainted

Taken down by 1 attack -.-
    not...... happy.....

Years
  • my worst was losing on 89..i mean the tower people cheat.i lost cause t-tar died to a critice EQ on which it would have survived.i send in garchomp and rvenge kill.then this guy sends in gliscor.i use outrage he hangs on with 2 or 3 hp and gullotine hits even after bloody sand veil.i send out bronzong and he finished me of with another bloody gullotine on the next turn.i need a ghost type.!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • First off, Treeko-kt, you win for making this topic. (b' ')b Five stars.

Mine would probably be when I first met Palmer, before I knew about competitive play. Milotic got that Salac Berry to activate and every party member was put to sleep. Eventually fainting. :| Otherwise, I'm pretty lucky at the Battle Tower, except one time a Crobat with Hypnosis & Dark Pulse slept my team and kept flinching, when I woke up. Very hard, but I eventually won.

The Battle Tower increases its luck factor, so I'm sure I'll have some much better stories to come. XD;

Zennyo Ryūō

In love with CoD - WaW. XD
    Years
  • Going for a 100-Win-Streak, this was the final battle. My opponent was down to his last pokémon, and I had a Milotic and a Gengar left.

Opponent sent out Walrein!
    Gengar used Confuse Ray!
    Walrein was confused!
    Walrein used Sheer Cold!
    It's a One-Hit KO!
    Go! Milotic!
    Milotic used Aqua Ring!
    Walrein is confused!
    Walrein used Sheer Cold!
    It's a One-Hit KO!
    You lose!

I almost quit playing after this.

Detox

Well once I was on battle 97 at the battle tower,and this Scizor took a STAB boosted Specs Flamethrower from my Magmortar and my jaw was literally on the floor...... then it killed magmortar with X-Scissor after swords dancing, and then procedded to sweep my team....

Years
  • A freaking Snorlax that kept using Yawn, Substitute, and Focus Punch (or some move that did not allow me to move)

I lost, and only 5 battles before Palmer's Legend Battle.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • An Electivire survived an Earthquake and Ice Punched my Salamence to death. I send out Starmie, but somehow Electivire gets the jump on me with Thunderpunch, which, of course, paralyzes me and leaves me with about 15 HP. A Surf would have been enough to claim victory, but of course I can't move due to the paralysis. Electivire wastes no time in finishing me off.

It was around battle 46 or 47. I haven't stepped inside the Battle Tower since.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    First off, Treeko-kt, you win for making this topic. (b' ')b Five stars.

Mine would probably be when I first met Palmer, before I knew about competitive play. Milotic got that Salac Berry to activate and every party member was put to sleep. Eventually fainting. :| Otherwise, I'm pretty lucky at the Battle Tower, except one time a Crobat with Hypnosis & Dark Pulse slept my team and kept flinching, when I woke up. Very hard, but I eventually won.

The Battle Tower increases its luck factor, so I'm sure I'll have some much better stories to come. XD;

*blushes* Ah you honor me too much! I just knew it wasn't me who was getting murdered by crazy mishaps at the BT.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • I remember that when i was in the Hoenn battle factory a Shuckle with Double Team and Substitute was against my Weezing. I could not burn it or throw it any move because, if it scored, it would only hit the Substitute. The Shuckle's only move to hurt me was Toxic and it didnt do anything to Weezing since he was poison. It would become a neverendless stall war because Shuckle healed more with Leftovers than take damage from Struggle and Weezing's Struggle and Weezing could simply heal itself with Leftovers and would barely do anything to the Shuckle even if it hit. So i did the guy a favor and turned my DS off.

About the OHKO thing, it happened to me with a Dewgong in PBR had Sheer Cold (Does it work on other ice types.) and Horn Drill. Fortunately, my Jumpluff used SubSeed and killed it. I saw the same Dewgong again and it happened. My guess is Compoundeyes+Wide Lens.

Darth Chomuk

is probably hungry.
    Years
  • At battle 42, it was down to 1v1. My Weavile vs. A Weezing.

Weezing uses Flamethrower.
    Weavile survives with about 40 HP and uses Night Slash.
    Weezing lives with about 25% HP left.

Now I know what you're thinking: "Weavile's got this, he's faster." Well, NOT IF WEEZING HAS A QUICK CLAW!!!

I boycotted Battle Tower for weeks after that.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    OMG okay. Quilava and espy against flareon and electivire. Quilava uses dig on electivire and espy does psychic on flareon and gets him down past half. Electivire thunder waves espy and flareon trys to tail whip but misses quil but gets espy. gotta love dig! When dig hits it takes ele down to about the half mark. Okay we attack again. Espy uses psychic on elect and quil uses dig again to finish ele off. espy moves last because of being paralyzed synch didn't work cause of a stupid cheri berry. ele paralyzes quil but quil takes him out with dig. Flareon get's quil with sand attack. Gardevior comes out and offs quil with psychic and espy hits her with shadow ball then absol comes out. Okay someone tell me why flareon offs espy with last resort! none of my pokemon have pressure and last time I checked, sand attack and tail whip have a lot of pp's. Anyway, absol takes out Gardevior with sucker punch then vaporeon comes out. Flareon uses last resort on vaporeon, vapor uses acid armor. Absol uses stone edge on flareon and he's out. Dragonite comes out. Oh hell. Why doesn't my vapor have ice beam yet? (me being a cheapskate not wanting to pay so much for it and the rip off corner). Vapor uses acid armor again and absol uses sucker punch on dragonite. Takes him down about a fourth. Dragonite uses dragon rush on absol he's out. Now it's just vapor and the dragon. Dragonite uses dragon rush. does little damage to two acid armors. Vaporeon uses acid armor once more. Now we are ready. Vaporeon uses surf. Get's dragonite down in the yellow almost red. Dragonite uses stone edge. Critical hit and clears vaporeon. MY QUESTION. HOW IS THAT POSSIBE? ROCK IS WEAK AGAINST WATER. THREE ACID ARMORS. VAPOREON ALREADY HAS HIGH DEFENSE. NO CRITICAL HIT IS THAT STRONG. Ah well...................

Last edited:

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Here's one that pissed me off and confused me so much.

It's my Chomp vs. CPU's Infernape. I use EQ and it dies. Note: That Chomp was Adamant and not holding Quick Claw or scarf. He sends out Machamp. I didn't expect to win that matchup but I wanted to damage him and give Tran an easier revenge. What happens? The Machamp moves first and kills Chompy! WTF?! How was he faster? I don't even think I saw I Quick Claw! It's possible I missed it, but even it that was is, friggin Machamp killed my Chompy. Needless to say I lost.

Zennyo Ryūō

In love with CoD - WaW. XD
    Years
  • OMG okay. Quilava and espy against flareon and electivire. Quilava uses dig on electivire and espy does psychic on flareon and gets him down past half. Electivire thunder waves espy and flareon trys to tail whip but misses quil but gets espy. gotta love dig! When dig hits it takes ele down to about the half mark. Okay we attack again. Espy uses psychic on elect and quil uses dig again to finish ele off. espy moves last because of being paralyzed synch didn't work cause of a stupid cheri berry. ele paralyzes quil but quil takes him out with dig. Flareon get's quil with sand attack. Gardevior comes out and offs quil with psychic and espy hits her with shadow ball then absol comes out. Okay someone tell me why flareon offs espy with last resort! none of my pokemon have pressure and last time I checked, sand attack and tail whip have a lot of pp's. Anyway, absol takes out Gardevior with sucker punch then vaporeon comes out. Flareon uses last resort on vaporeon, vapor uses acid armor. Absol uses stone edge on flareon and he's out. Dragonite comes out. Oh hell. Why doesn't my vapor have ice beam yet? (me being a cheapskate not wanting to pay so much for it and the rip off corner). Vapor uses acid armor again and absol uses sucker punch on dragonite. Takes him down about a fourth. Dragonite uses dragon rush on absol he's out. Now it's just vapor and the dragon. Dragonite uses dragon rush. does little damage to two acid armors. Vaporeon uses acid armor once more. Now we are ready. Vaporeon uses surf. Get's dragonite down in the yellow almost red. Dragonite uses stone edge. Critical hit and clears vaporeon. MY QUESTION. HOW IS THAT POSSIBE? ROCK IS WEAK AGAINST WATER. THREE ACID ARMORS. VAPOREON ALREADY HAS HIGH DEFENSE. NO CRITICAL HIT IS THAT STRONG. Ah well...................
    Rock has a normal effect on Water-types.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Rock has a normal effect on Water-types.
    oh okay...any answer to the last resort?

Just got raped by a crawdaunt. Three guillotines in a row. Quick claw equipped, when first twice in a row......man.......the battle tower.......lol

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok i do not rember exactly the rivals pokemon but i think they had a great type advantage

And it was my Charizard no life left at all
    Electrode was marleys
    and i know the enemy had 2 pokemon and i rember one was quagsire and one was like pikachu i think
    and Qugsire used protect and i had used fire blast on the pikachu and almost killed it and that moron marley electrode used Explosion and killed us both and i was like beating ever one up till that point

Back