• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    That's pretty cool. What attacks did it have?

I didn't get to see its stats but the glitched pokemon (its not called "missingno." but "trainerpkm" or something) that came after it used some kind of glitched attack. The attack's name was all jumbled up and it KOed by 1st pokemon in 1 hit. Then the game got really slow and eventually froze.

JacobGRocks

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • i saw it through a mew glitch messed up. i turned of my GBA After i saw it and started a new game to try to fix any side effects i didnt notice.

Elektromag

Zubat in a mouldy cave
    Years
  • We all know that there are more glitches than Missingno. and 'M. Some of these glitches are more powerful than mewtwo and learn the glitch move TM28. However, they are highly unstable and i havent even managed to throw a ball at one yet. Can anyone help me?

We all know that there are more R/B/Y glitches than Missingno. and 'M. Some of these glitches are more powerful than mewtwo and learn the glitch move TM28. However, they are highly unstable and i havent even managed to throw a ball at one yet. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarnut777

working on pokemon fusions
    Years
  • lol i had 22 missingno's eveolved em all i got 5 alakazams, 2 blastioses, a MEW :D , 14 khangatans

and most of the things in my box had changed and i think it was my rivals pokemon :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    Zdoing!

I never thought that MISSINGNO means missing number!

I thought it was actually a cool name!:P

But just wondering...................

Why MISSINGNO?

Who gave it that name?:S(if it was answered in a previous post sorry for posting that again but I can't read all the pages,they are too many)

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Zdoing!

I never thought that MISSINGNO means missing number!

I thought it was actually a cool name!:P

But just wondering...................

Why MISSINGNO?

Who gave it that name?:S(if it was answered in a previous post sorry for posting that again but I can't read all the pages,they are too many)

[edit]Oh dear that was embarasing :embarrass
    I misread your post, so if you saw the post I put before just ignore it XD[/edit]

I asume they just wanted to fill the gaps that were left, or maybe perhapps place holders for Pokemon that were going to be in there, but taken out at the last minute.

Last edited:

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Aww,Not in Yellow?!?!! :'( :disappoin

Actually you can get missingno on pokemon yellow.For some strange reason when I started my pkmon yellow game the 3rd time i completed it I did not recive pikachu from prof oak, I recived a Missingno that looks like the ghost from pkmon tower. I have never recompleated that game as Missigno is the best pokemon I have ever had (on yellow i do not use any other pokemon at all). I have never lost a single battle with it (yes, even link battles!).It can learn any Tm too!It stays at lv 100 though which is weird as I heard they can reach lv 255 in some cases. Also I never seem to run out of items in my 6th slot. Anyone know why?

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • In my red and blue version whenever I tred the missingno. glitch it was a missingno. only it had the sprite of the ghost you fight at lavender town weird huh

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Actually you can get missingno on pokemon yellow.For some strange reason when I started my pkmon yellow game the 3rd time i completed it I did not recive pikachu from prof oak, I recived a Missingno that looks like the ghost from pkmon tower. I have never recompleated that game as Missigno is the best pokemon I have ever had (on yellow i do not use any other pokemon at all). I have never lost a single battle with it (yes, even link battles!).It can learn any Tm too!It stays at lv 100 though which is weird as I heard they can reach lv 255 in some cases. Also I never seem to run out of items in my 6th slot. Anyone know why?

Have you performed the mew glitch at all? If so then that may be your problem.

Ok I have never ever got infinite items before, it is most likely to be the x128 items (with the funny glitch block)It happens because of the bytes used with the MissingNo encounter. Also the thing about going up to lvl 255 is impossible to do because pokemon in your team only go up to lvl 100 (so do wild pokemon.) but again it is to do with the bytes encountered with these glitches.

MissingNo is tricky to come across in Pokemon Yellow. I'm not sure if this thread has the Special List required for the Mew Trick but anyway... MissingNo can only appear in Yellow by accomplishing this trick, also it has a high failure rate so it can take a long time before you encounter that lvl 7 MissingNo! Still it has all the same side effects as the Red and Blue, some good, Most bad, even if you encounter it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    I've caught TONS of 'M's (Pixelated backwards L Missingno) One time I had 99 master balls due to Missingno! Ive also done glitch city and the mew glitch.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I got a whole box of Missingno. Thing is, wasn't the Missingo glitch a mistake, but was the Mew "glitch" put in the games on purpose?

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • This is exactly what my friend just told me.

"something is totally wrong with my yellow version.
    i was in victory road, when i climbed the ladder
    once i got to the other floor, the start menu came up.
    i thought it was a little strange, but ignored it.
    but once i closed the menu
    a Lv.7 staryu attacked, a staryu in victory road!"

I asked her if she caught it, and she did!

~!~Miss Cow~!~

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • That is what happens when you do the Mew glitch, however your friend must have used a different Special Stat to the one that is required for Mew.

No, the Mew Glitch wasn't put in on purpose, it's just another programming oversight that litters R/B. As soon as you start actually looking for glitches such as the Missingno. Glitch and Mew glitch, it's shocking just how glitchy these games were.

The Beast

Mewtwo's Elite Master
    Years
  • Man, all of these glitches are amazing except for the one on Missingno, when I caught that, it froze my game and I had to start all of again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    That is what happens when you do the Mew glitch, however your friend must have used a different Special Stat to the one that is required for Mew.

No, the Mew Glitch wasn't put in on purpose, it's just another programming oversight that litters R/B. As soon as you start actually looking for glitches such as the Missingno. Glitch and Mew glitch, it's shocking just how glitchy these games were.

Yeah, R/B are very glitchy. One time I did the Mew glitch wrong and got a Lv.7 MissingNo. Wierd. I also put my Missingno in a box once, and the pokemon in the box with all started to dissapear..>.>

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    The sprite glitches wear off after time, though. Just as long as you don't trade the bloody thing, especially to Yellow and up.

what would happen if i traded the missigno that looks like a ghost to crystal? I was thinking about doing it but i wanted to see if anyone had domne it and had any side effects. Anyway I have not done the mew glitch (not that i know of anyway) what does it involve? plus it would help for the missingno fanfic I am writing

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I've never heard of anyone trying to trade a Missingno to a Metal gen game. I doubt it would work, but I think it's worth a try.

But, if it soed work I don't think anything good will happen to your Crystal game....mostly bad things would happen.

Atomic Reactor

i tried trading missingo to one of the 2nd gens.
    it came back out as a slowpoke
    no joke. <_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back