• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mists of Pandaria

Years
  • [ythd]nyeZ8khSEC0[/ythd]​

It's that time again. Blizzard announced the 4th expansion to World of Warcraft earlier today.
    The most notable feature of the new expansion is probably the inclusion of the Pandaren as a playable race in the game.

From the information released thus far what's your opinion on the expansion?

Official site

Zet

Years
  • I have to say it looks great and I'm not even a WoW player. If Blizzard allows trial plays of it and I like it, I would seriously consider buying WoW.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I'm kinda disappointed. I heard him say "10,000 years" and I was sure it would be something with the War of the Ancients.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Looking forward to it, actually.
    There's been alot of hate from the more hardcore players on the blizz forums, but I'm totally stoked.
    I guess some people aren't keen with the thought of pandas, but I think an asian-styled environment was something the game was lacking, ever since I started playing WoW.
    I'll probably roll a Pandaren once just to see all the new quests and such, and the new class looks like it could be quite fun aswell.

Time Trial Dungeons also look incredibly awesome, and probably a reason for me to finally get involved in some PvE as opposed to PvP. (of course, I'll still PvP, I love the whole PvP scene).

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I cannot wait, I've always wanted Pandaren so this is a dream come true : D

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Despite me not being a player, it looks pretty good.

Only thing is, it reminds me too much of Kung Fu Panda. A kind of chinese land.... pandas learning a martial art... anybody else noticed this? I think the characters actually look like Po too.

EDIT: I looked again. they actually look like muscular Pos.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Now, I'm not one for complaining about games looking a little silly (hey, I play pokemon, FF9, and Spyro), but this just looks dumb :P I'm glad I got out of WoW back in Burning Crusade

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I have to say it looks great and I'm not even a WoW player. If Blizzard allows trial plays of it and I like it, I would seriously consider buying WoW.

DON'T DO IT! SPARE YOURSELF!

Ahem. I'm excited for Mists of Pandaria; the monk pandas look awesome, and a new continent to explore is fine by me. :3

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • I still need to play through the first two expansions and then get Cataclysm before considering this. XD Playing the game isn't as much fun as playing it with others though, unfortunately.

It's an MMO, so content is constantly updated, basically all you get from the first 2 expansions is 2 races, a class and a place to level. The expansion's are pretty much redundant whenever a new one is released, except to let you actually play the game :).

Anyway, Aside from all the newfags and tryhard WoW fanboys saying that this is a Kung-fu panda ripoff this expansion doesn't seem to feel as serious as the previous. Pandaren were an april fools joke in Warcraft III, as keen as I am to actually play a fat panda tanking big bad bosses with a beer keg, they should have just stayed that joke.

New talent system looks meh, but it does aim to eliminate cookie cutter builds, which I'm all for, having a choice in choosing talents just for what I feel is fun, seems great to me.

Pokemon pet system looks alright, I don't think it will be anything more than a novelty for most players.

A new continent is sweet, brand new place to level in, and now chinese gold farmers get to farm in Blizzard's version of China.

All in all, I'm pretty keen for this expansion, I think I may reroll a monk and spec brewmaster, just for the fact that every class right now is absolutely boring.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I saw the news trickle out about this and pretty much all I could think or say was: "Really? Really? You have millions of subscribers and you went for Kung Fu Panda meets Pokémon?" It just seems really... cheap? Uninspired? I don't know. I've never been a fan of WoW but this update just makes me uncomfortable or something. If people enjoy it, that's awesome, but it makes me glad I never got into it. *shrug*

._. This announcement did, however, make my roommate who swore off WoW forever reactivate his account. It was probably more to do with the Diablo-3-free-with-yearly-sub but still. He does not need to become addicted again. /sigh

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I have never actually owned wow, just played the free trial. But if had the money I would get into wow right now just because of this expansion. The pandarns actually started otu as a joke race on Warcraft 3 but they sem to be very popular. But I'm gonna be honest, I WANT WARCRAFT 4.

Back