• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Misty has gotten mean. :\

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    train pikachu he learn slam at 20 powerful
    but then at lv. 26 Tunderbolt after that Misty should be cake hope that helps :)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Problem is, training him to that level will get harder and harder, as I'm still stuck in cerulean city. :\ I should probably develope a strategy that doesn't require so much leveling up.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • The combined force of all of your pokemon should be enough to take down Staryu, but if you can train a Beedrill to level 20, it will learn Twineedle, which will kill Starmie since it's psychic type...I seriously doubt that all your pokemon will be dead by the time Starmie comes out, so Beedrill should handily destroy Misty's Starmie.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I didn't know psychic was weak to bug. :\ staryu is actually quite easy. Pikachu takes him down by himself every time. But then Misty sends out starmie, and I always get overwhelmed.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Starmie is always a difficult competitor to fight, and is one of the most overused water types in competitive battles because of it's high Speed and Special Attack.

In game, things are a bit different. Level beats all, as they say. Pikachu is a good choice, but since it has low defences, it can't stay in the fight forever. A good grass type - Oddish or Bellsprout, depending on your version - around L20+ with a Grass move will have marvellous advantage, including being resistant to water. Beedrill is also a good choice with Twineedle for Starmie's Psychic type weakness.

Plenty of ways to beat her. Just pick one or more, and go for it.

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    Water Pulse was a bit overpowered with Misty IMHO. Newbies to pkmn prolly LOATHE Misty :pirate:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Starmie is a heavy hitting Pokemon, and even with a mid-powered move like Water Pulse, its going to hurt. Misty wasn't too much of a challenge back on RBY (at least not to me) but a lot of people did have trouble beating her, because her Starmie is very powerful (for it's level)

Valmordian

Demigod
    Years
  • I had three pokemon when I went to Misty.

Ivysaur (18), Mankey (17), and Zubat (18).

Used Ivy on Staryu and half on Starmie before it got KO'd and used Zubat's Leech Life for the other half of Starmie. Wasn't to hard but I did want Ivysaur to get the exp for Starmie.. oh well. I am now trying to get a "Shiney" Snorlax for my team but it is getting very tedious. Been at it for almost 6 hours of restarting and playing that d*mned flute.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Lol, you think YOU have it rough?
    I'm fighting with my Golem who's Rock/Ground!! That means that Misty's pokemon attack with Triple Power! I also started with Charmander, and now I have Charmelion. They're both at level 27, and I'm scared that when they get to 30, they won't obey me AND they still won't be strong enough!
    Think I should just catch a pokemon? I won't! I'm working my hardest on this, and I'm catching 1 pokemon per badge. So I won't catch a new pokemon until I get that Badge!
    What YOU need is that thing in Vermilion City that let's you rebattle trainers. That way I'm assured you can beat her. Just my advice ^_^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, you say Starmie is the problem, since Pikachu can take care of Staryu. Beedril is a very good option with Twineedle, as is a grass Pokemon, since I don't believe it learns any Psychic attacks, so would be ideal for defensive purposed as well as offensive... But training is the only way to make it stronger. It may be tedious... but it's the tried and tested way for Pokemon to gain levels. You just have to keep at it.

Years
  • ahhh.....misty.......when i was playing red for the first time she gave me my first defeat and not to long my second defeat. i love her but mad she got me in the hot water. i borrow a venusaurfrom a friend to defeat her. didn't obay me but gotthe job done

my charmelon was at lv28 when i fougth her.
    i train me pkmn to level 13 due because i gave up on training.

a week ago i battle her again in red
    char defeated staru
    char got 3/4 of starmie down
    char fainted. with the combination of all my pkmn i bary beat her. i going try harder in fire.

it looks like misty was not good for fire types char

in fire brock was easy and all i use was char

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Mm...she is not that hard, some blast from Ivysaur and her Pokemon is dead.
    In case my Ivysaur fainted, I sent out Gyarados to beat her with Tackle...how funny. lol
    All I need right now is TM26...for my Gyarados.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, it's all fine if you've got Ivysaur. <_< Then you've got that whole type advantage and water immunity. o_O But with a Charmander/Charmeleon(/Charizard, although it probably wouldn't be as hard if you're willing to train that high xD), it's really hard ._.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Hence my suggestions above. Oh, and a new addition, you can buy the Magikarp and get a Gyarados, at L20 when it evolves it learns Bite, another move that is supereffective on Starmie. And Gyarados resists water, being a Water type himself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    I know how you feel, in my Demo mode, I had A Pikachu at level 22 and couldn't beat her still. :/

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Well I finally beat her, thanks to Oddish's Poison Powder. Still, it had gotten rather close. I'm not kidding. when teh battle was over, all that was left was my rattatt at level 10, with 1 Hp. That's how close it was.

Back